[EU] Bad Maintenance Time

Gottika

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Hanano said:

I was just about to post that. Blizzard manages to down-time each server in Diablo 3 (and I guess that in WoW as well) according to that region's time zone. Last MMO I played was Maplestory, and they had long, tedious and bad timed maintenances. I hoped it would be different here. Well, four hours isn't THAT bad, but at the middle of the day?

Na players >eu players ? Just saying XD

It is cause fanbase is much bigger in NA,meaning much more money from that region,meaning it will always get special treatment.That is how it is.Still this is very frustrating and unprofessional from them.

They don't have a EU office. Noone is working during nighttime to do maintenance at whatever hours you want and NCwest isn't big enough to bother hiring people to do it.

If this was blizzard or some bigger company that actually has a EU office then I would expect different times. Just gonna have to suck it up or hope the game becomes bigger than just 200k players in a f2p game.

Yeah very bad timing.

It is possible to do better.

PST to UCT is 8hrs, so start maintenance at 00h PST, that would be 8h UCT, would last until 4h PST (12h UCT) and even if not perfect there are few people playing in the morning, problem solved.

EDIT: also last stats i saw there were more players in EU than in NA, just saying. (UNCONFIRMED)
EDIT2: Can't recall the reddit for this claim, it was an image posted on fb with server numbers (pop and queue) during peak time; the only one i can find now says the opposite.

4 minutes ago, Nessuno said:

Yeah very bad timing.

PST to UCT is 8hrs, so start maintenance at 00h PST, that would be 8h UCT, would last until 4h PST (12h UCT) and even if not perfect there are few people playing in the morning, problem solved.

EDIT: also last stats i saw there were more players in EU than in NA, just saying.

Pretty sure not the case.

3 minutes ago, Nessuno said:

Yeah very bad timing.

EDIT: also last stats i saw there were more players in EU than in NA, just saying.

If you mean the stats just taken that show barly more EU players during peak hours than NA during work time. I guess.

Either way it's not about popularity it's just about the cost of running 2 seperate maintenance schedules. Alot easier and cheaper to do both at the same time. I guess they could do it at a better time though.

NA is not just NA.If SA/LAtin America and SEA had better ping in EU you would not see them in NA.NA in general is few times lower on population compared to EU.However for some reason when we connect to Asia is like >Germany>USA>ASIA,instead of Europe>Asia.I blame America for that.

Was same thing in Aion and L2 and I know they won't change.They don't care and all I hope is the game keep good revenue otherwise in about a year or two we are going under gameforge or innova....and from the 3 I prefer the smallest evil - NCSOFT.

And people here in Eu work on shifts mostly.Mon-Friday is a dream for more then half of the eu population.

5 minutes ago, TheEllimist said:

They don't have a EU office. Noone is working during nighttime to do maintenance at whatever hours you want and NCwest isn't big enough to bother hiring people to do it.

If this was blizzard or some bigger company that actually has a EU office then I would expect different times. Just gonna have to suck it up or hope the game becomes bigger than just 200k players in a f2p game.

And how do they expect to get more players if they are having maintenance in the middle of day,lasting 4 hours?

9 minutes ago, Dova said:

It is cause fanbase is much bigger in NA,meaning much more money from that region,meaning it will always get special treatment.That is how it is.Still this is very frustrating and unprofessional from them.

Spam them on twitter since they use that more than the forums lol..

12-4PM isn't really that bad, Most people have either a job or school during that time, just take it as an opportunity to catch up on some other things that you neglected since the game started I'm sure most people have something that they could do. I for one really liked it, been playing so much the last week +, it was really nice to gear a break and go shop and clean my apartment a bit :P

Would be nice in maintenance was no later though since that's cutting into peak hours which is stupid is so many ways.

1 minute ago, Dova said:

Then it wouldn't be the problem to put the maintenance around 4am EU time?

which will land in the middle of the day for NA. So what's the problem then? Since someone tried to argument with them being in NA mainly...

Is it better to work at 3am on the maintenance or 3pm - when you usually should be working..

1 minute ago, Dollgirl said:

12-4PM isn't really that bad, Most people have either a job or school during that time, just take it as an opportunity to catch up on some other things that you neglected since the game started I'm sure most people have something that they could do. I for one really liked it, been playing so much the last week +, it was really nice to gear a break and go shop and clean my apartment a bit :P

I agree.Still,there are some people having free days and trying to use most of it before evening.But i guess your argument is much stronger.

Just now, Dova said:

I agree.Still,there are some people having free days and trying to use most of it before evening.But i guess your argument is much stronger.

It's just trying to find a place where both are OK with it, while EU regularly gets the short end of the stick, its way better at this current time than later, and earlier is kind of to much to expect since that'd cut into NA's peak time and as other people have already said; It's NA run. So it's as good as its going to get if they force these simultaneous maintenance for both regions. While it's not great, it's at least not terrible

3 minutes ago, Dollgirl said:

Would be nice in maintenance was no later though since that's cutting into peak hours which is stupid is so many ways.

the fact here is not u having time to clean ur house but about the fact that they do maint in eu servers at a us timezone .. :)

Even Trion is capable of setting different maintenance times for both regions on ArcheAge (3 am CET (which is like 6pm PST) for EU and 7 am PST for NA usually)... Kinda the only good thing you can say about them and their management of ArcheAge though, but if they can do it, anyone can do it.. 

Archived