[EU] Bad Maintenance Time

Gottika

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kohe said:

Bane of the EU players in every NA operated mmo ever. 

Bane of the [insert region inconvenienced by maintenance here] players in every [insert region not inconvenienced by maintenance here] operated mmo ever.

13 minutes ago, Yxion said:

Bane of the [insert region inconvenienced by maintenance here] players in every [insert region not inconvenienced by maintenance here] operated mmo ever.

I've never seen any mmo's that operate in 2 regions at the same time with a large timezone difference, and those 2 regions not being NA/EU.

5 minutes ago, Yxion said:

When Final Fantasy XIV was originally launched it had shared servers between Asia/NA that were based in LA.

The EU servers where also in NA until they moved them shortly before the expansion. God it was painful to play with that ping.

Must admit it is inconvenient and most other games I know who are run by US publishers but with EU servers have different maintenance times, usually making it like 3,4 am, so as not to cause too much down time for the majority of the player base, Blizzard does it, so does Trion and lots of other companys who all have multiple games with US and EU servers

5 minutes ago, Yxion said:

When Final Fantasy XIV was originally launched it had shared servers between Asia/NA that were based in LA.

FFXIV NA servers are based in Canada, after almost a year, EU got their own servers. I *think* all the servers still go down for maint at the same time there.

Just now, Darkblademaster said:

Blame the WW2 for destroying most of EU economic supremassy, skyrockting the NA economy and making EU their bitches.

EU will always come 2nd to NCsoft. What annoys me is that they are too lazy to make 2 different schedules  for 1 for NA night and other for EU...But w/e.

or at least call them for what they really are, NA servers not EU even if are hosted in germany

Archived