Better Scheduled Maintenance time for EU?

Donthink

Since NCSoft officially supports EU I think it would be great if EU servers for scheduled maintenance would be also taken down in more convenient time for majority of EU players, like it is done for NA players (in middle of night-early morning for NA players).

As it is now EU servers goes down together with NA and its middle of the day in Europe when maint starts and +3-4 hours of downtime making game unavailable during early peak here.

So, would it be possible to take down each region for scheduled maints in different times?

I wish everything everyone else did revolved around my schedule too. Unfortunately, that is not the case, as I have to deal with many games doing maint. when it isn't convient for me/my time zone/my region. I feel for you. I really do. However, it is very unlikely that they will do a maintenance like this region by region. They want it pushed out simultaneously.

3 minutes ago, Yxion said:

I wish everything everyone else did revolved around my schedule too. Unfortunately, that is not the case, as I have to deal with many games doing maint. when it isn't convient for me/my time zone/my region. I feel for you. I really do. However, it is very unlikely that they will do a maintenance like this region by region. They want it pushed out simultaneously.

Yeah worst thing is, then people would start complaining. " Omg NA already has the patch, fawk you guys! "

OT: Timing sucks, but it's once a week at most. :)

1 minute ago, Sphynxi said:

Yeah worst thing is, then people would start complaining. " Omg NA already has the patch, fawk you guys! "

OT: Timing sucks, but it's once a week at most. :)

Yeah. Some downtime can be split up between regions depending on what it is... it's just most things like this go out all at once to avoid potential issues. I know a few games did rotating maint. times to accommodate multiple regions. I wouldn't be opposed to that.

15 minutes ago, Yxion said:

It's really not for player or two, not even for country or two the time is not convenient for whole region they officially supports. I understand maint times like for example in L2- it doesn't support EU region officially, so all servers goes down in NA time. But here in BnS they even made separate servers for non English speakers in EU. So why not scheduled times too?

P.S. I seen they took down separately NA servers for emergency maint, while EU servers was still online. So yeah, why not schedules too?

6 minutes ago, RobynTheTiny said:

I think they need to take down the whole system at the same time. Probably NA has more players so a time is picked that is convenient for them...

Neah, EU has more players.
Not much though, just around 3-4k more. :)

Archived