BLOCK LIST LIMIT ???

Dradiinmmo

So umm not sure how this does not get added with the 2 other anti-spammer initiatives.

Does the player community need to color you pictures with rainbows on how bad the idea of only allowing 50 blocks is ?

In fact this should have been implemented prior to those other 2 (chat level limit and reporting level restriction).

Your band-aids are too small for the massive hemorrhage that is the gold seller spam. Maybe go ask Arena-Net how they are doing such a better job at containing this ? They do have the same Publisher right ? I mean sure an occasional goldseller gets through but it is very small amount compared the the non-stop cesspool of spam the chats have all turned into. 

Please continue to give us better tools to combat this epidemic of ass-hattery.

20 days until Black Desert Online Beta2 hits, i need to decide which game i prefer, if this game fixes this horrible spam issue then i am fully determined to support it. 

Just now, HugeLolcat said:

Block limit of 50 is too easy to reach in the current spamer situation, especially when each dodgy gold site generates a number of spam users, per day. I only started blocking a couple of days ago and I've already hit the 50 block limit

I kid you not, 2 days ago the spammers hit faction chat with a vengeance, i filled my block list, and decided all those in it were over a week old. So i unblocked all of them.... i then proceeded to block/report all the new faction chat spammers.... I said Eff this after i got to 36 spammers and the chat was still filled with spam.

Anyone that's played more than 2 MMOs know that gold sellers will always be a thing. They're like roaches when you live with A roommate that keeps food out. Why on earth did they think it would be a good idea to have A limit? Especially one so small, 

Is it me or are the gold sellers really hitting this game hard? 

1 minute ago, Insert Name Here said:

just make a new chat tab without the region and faction chat -.-"

best solution for now but bad when you need something from faction like insignia farming or pvp

Many people actually want to lurk in chat, it's part of feeling like being in a big MMO community. Blocking chat channels severely limits that, with the only channel that's not affected by gold spam being the /s chat

3 minutes ago, Insert Name Here said:

just make a new chat tab without the region and faction chat -.-"

best solution for now but bad when you need something from faction like insignia farming or pvp

Huh ????

Did you even read what i said in the OP ?

How can i communicate in FACTION when nothing can be read over the chat spam... Please read the entire post before you reply.

7 minutes ago, Dradiinmmo said:

I kid you not, 2 days ago the spammers hit faction chat with a vengeance, i filled my block list, and decided all those in it were over a week old. So i unblocked all of them.... i then proceeded to block/report all the new faction chat spammers.... I said Eff this after i got to 36 spammers and the chat was still filled with spam.

Did the same thing - cleared my full block list in the hope that some of these had gone away, with the intention of blocking new ones - Nope, all there.

Filled up the block list straight away, then just removed faction chat.

This 50 limit should never have been there in the first place. NC are an experienced organisation and must have known this would happen. Their half measures in countering it makes me wonder if they have connections with some of these gold sites.

3 minutes ago, Masqava said:

They're going to make the faction/regional chat level 10+, so it should atleast be harder for bots to spam for now.

So hey, atleast they listened to us about something!

HUH ? ? ? ? ? ? 

Umm there are bots all over the place beyond level 10, the chat spam will be exactly the same as it is now.

If i am wrong i will make a video of sucking a lemon and post it.

6 minutes ago, Masqava said:

They're going to make the faction/regional chat level 10+, so it should atleast be harder for bots to spam for now.

So hey, atleast they listened to us about something!

I knew they were going to do this, they did it to Aion.
First it's level 10, then it's level 20. Then you can't whisper until level 10 and level 20. 
All the while the bots are reaching these level caps with EASE. It takes what, 3 days to get to max level here? 

Why won't they just remove the limit? This only annoys actual players.

2 minutes ago, ThatPlayer said:

I knew they were going to do this, they did it to Aion.
First it's level 10, then it's level 20. Then you can't whisper until level 10 and level 20. 
All the while the bots are reaching these level caps with EASE. It takes what, 3 days to get to max level here? 

Why won't they just remove the limit? This only annoys actual players.

Agree with you 100%

Too bad NCsoft is acting like amateurs.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, robi225 said:

Here's another scam visible in the chat window.

I hope no one falls victim.

(Removed and forwarded to CS.)

This thread was about the old 50 player block limit that kept getting filled up within minutes of logging into the game because of the spammers.  Second, there's already a sticky about scammers.  And third:

FlZvWaT.png

Archived