Can actually NC Soft sue the gold spammers to court?

Ghayatea

NCSoft is based in the U.S., at least for this branch? while most farming companies are overseas. NCSoft would lose a shit lot more money with international public law and international private law attorneys...

Plus... do you really think an American company will have any ground on a Chinese underground one?

if you think ban lists and bans are made right click >> ban bot...

just keep playing the game,find a guild,socialize and eventually bot issue won't bother you.

Locating creators of some bots that never dc,nor afk ,and are always online even if u dedicate 4hrs of waiting in que,too hard to do,i'd rather fix found bugs and stuff.

2 minutes ago, rengarlink said:

NCSoft is based in the U.S. while most farming companies are overseas. NCSoft would lose a shit lot more money with international public law and international private law attorneys...

Plus... do you really think an American company will have any ground on a Chinese underground one?

Not all farming companies are Chinese, a lot these days are home based.

1 minute ago, Taemek said:

Not all farming companies are Chinese, a lot these days are home based.

Either way, it costs nothing to NCSoft to ban, while a corporate lawyer specializing in international law which includes BOTH private AND public which are very different fields... costs around 400USD/h.. count a few lawyers as well.

I'd probably just send bot lists that I've blocked on my server to support staff/mods with my server(s) name(s) so it's easier for them to ban outright. Heck I'd do it myself if I could. That's why I generally make a whisper tab and party tab and sick to those while playing. 

Just now, ThatPlayer said:

It's not really illegal in terms of breaking the law is it? So I'm not sure if they could sure, it just breaks ToS/ToA.

It is contractual law, the ToS/ToA are a contract that you sign with them and so you're bound by law to respect it

2 minutes ago, rengarlink said:

Either way, it costs nothing to NCSoft to ban, while a corporate lawyer specializing in international law which includes BOTH private AND public which are very different fields... costs around 400USD/h.. count a few lawyers as well.

Ok so lets assume you need 1 person per server to keep up with the automation of generating spam accounts.

We have 15 servers, that's 15 people x say $50k a year. Now we are looking at $750'000 dollars a year to tackle the issue, and that is assuming, key word here, assuming that 1 person per server can keep up with it.

Today faction chat is filled like with thousands of gold spammers .. Please ncsoft do something? there is no more ppl even talking in faction chat, blocking them is not the solution because u block 10 then 20 appears .. and block list has max 50 players only!!

3 minutes ago, ThatPlayer said:

It's not really illegal in terms of breaking the law is it? So I'm not sure if they could sure, it just breaks ToS/ToA.

Umm legality has nothing to do with a civil lawsuit, if damages can be shown and proven then the lawsuit has potential to win, but still China and Indonesia are not gonna be easy targets to sue.

2 minutes ago, Aroth said:

Well they are not doing anything illegal if you look it from their point of view because they just "play the game" .

If you read the EULA, you are legally not allowed to make a profit from their product, its theft and profiteering.

If they are caught, they can be taken to court, but it has to be court on the soil where the company is based, which means extraditing people, and we know how that works out.

Just now, Taemek said:

If you read the EULA, you are legally not allowed to make a profit from their product, its theft and profiteering.

Oh well technically yea .. But it's same like selling any other your possession .

2 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Ok so lets assume you need 1 person per server to keep up with the automation of generating spam accounts.

We have 15 servers, that's 15 people x say $50k a year. Now we are looking at $750'000 dollars a year to tackle the issue, and that is assuming, key word here, assuming that 1 person per server can keep up with it.

Well that's just the cost of the lawyers and perhaps they're using firms and if that's so well they pay a monthly or annual fee...which can go from hundreds of thousands to millions so I honestly have no idea. That said, on top of the attorney/firm cost, you can add the administrative paperwork, court, etc. The cost of oversea lawyers, or whatever they might need.

As for other people... you play this game, you are LEGALLY OBLIGATED to follow its rules. You play this game you SIGNED A CONTRACT. Every time you log in and CONFIRM you ACCEPT a contract. It is contractual law and while NCSoft won't prolly sue you but simply ban you, you do risk legal actions.

1 minute ago, Aroth said:

Oh well technically yea .. But it's same like selling any other your possession .

Again, you technically don't own anything here on any game. You are simply buying the rights for access to the game, and that's about it. So selling of accounts and in game itemization where you make a profit not only lands you in a pickle, but I am sure the tax man would be interested in finding you also.

mmorpg always have gold spammers regardless of how morally wrong it is or destructive to the game experience it can be.

it is up to the producers/publichers to handle the obvious threat, something NCSoft should at this stage be expertly prepared

for, yet this launch has been the premier gold spammer free for all that has so far been unanswered by our host (NCSoft).

They're idiots, I can't even play, that's a first since random mmorpg since 1998.

4 minutes ago, Taemek said:
1 minute ago, Dradiinmmo said:

No it is not.

You do not own anything in the game, you do not have a right to any of it. you just think you do.

1 minute ago, Taemek said:

Again, you technically don't own anything here on any game. You are simply buying the rights for access to the game, and that's about it.

If I put my money and my time in my game how all the thing I have in game are not mine ? 
If you put it like that if someone robs my account in which i put 50$ that is not crime because i do not own those items ?

Archived