Forums

PSA: a level 10 chat requirement is not going to do anything. you've been warned

"Is not going to do anything" "ive already come across many level 20+ bots". You realize the logical facepalm at what you have written right? The fact you have seen level 20 + bots does not remove the fact level 10 requirement is blocking %90 of the bots.

I believe it will only be a temporary respite..., right now, most of the spam is being blocked, but I believe it is only a matter of time before they return

edit: a helpful suggestion might be that, in the first place, blocking takes place account-wise (they'd have to remove the block limit though, which is a good idea regardless) so you don't have to block each spammer on each alt you have..., and second, I don't know how they operate, but wouldn't a "block account" option be something? so that if they make a second alt, you don't have to block that one too

Edited by Belshaw

If anything it has became worse. In 15 minutes I hit my 50/50 limit after doing a block list wipe...

After being denied of spamming with new low level bots they are using their reserve of high level bots to spam... And there's MANY of them, so many that the 50 slots of the block list is not enough anymore.

Edited by Yachibi

Not a bad suggestion Kaiser, someone in chat suggested unless they are wearing faction armour they cant see faction chat which requires quest completion and physically equipping the item, however as faction chat is no longer viable to a good chunk of bots they are using party search chat instead, this is absolutely unacceptable for a company that has been in the MMO business for as long as NCsoft has. 

1 minute ago, Cutlass said:

Not a bad suggestion Kaiser, someone in chat suggested unless they are wearing faction armour they cant see faction chat which requires quest completion and physically equipping the item, however as faction chat is no longer viable to a good chunk of bots they are using party search chat instead, this is absolutely unacceptable for a company that has been in the MMO business for as long as NCsoft has. 

You'd think if they watched EVERY SINGLE  F2P MMO LAUNCH in the past two or so years they would have prepared better for the spam. Hell, look at their own game Aion which is still ravaged by spam

Restrict the global chats to level 40+.
None of the low level kids have anything useful to say to their faction anyway besides the spam with their weabos things and insults.
They got integrated for instances among people of their level and for questions they got forums/google, etc.
There is absolutely no need to have any low levels spamming anything on the global chats.
That would also block out the sellers, as it takes time to get 40+ and its way faster to get rid of them than it is for them to get at that level just for spamming their shitty sites. :)

Give them sometimes.. even though the K-server has been around for many years, the NA will take time to get all the tools but the chat spam is no joke all and forced the real players to stopped looking at that channel.

The best is either, recruit a moderators to monitor the in-game chat with simple tools

or

as Kaiser's suggested above (which I doubt Korean Devs will go all the trouble for that matter)

Retention is what you guys need atm, so try to get any kind of banning tools and more manpower to handle the chat, permanent chat  ban should do the trick

I would personally lock faction and region behind a Blackram Narrows clear.  Players should be attentive enough to kick bots from their parties, and the only other thing I wonder is how well a team of 6 bots can actually run it.  I'm hoping not well.

Right now thanks to the odd way they are naming their bots, using html coding in it, we can't block or even report these damn things. NCSoft must take a more direct action before they lose all their player base and thus all chance in making any form of profit out of this game.

8 hours ago, DustinMcDohl said:

i've already come across many level 20+ bots.

I played Aion for years and I found not being able to talk with others in my general chat until I was level 10 very alienating.  But even so it might discourage the gold spammers from using a program that instantly generates level 1 character that spam constantly (like what we are seeing) and then when they get banned/booted the program just generates another level 1 toon.  By implementing a level 10-20 general chat requirement it will knock out a lot of those spammers who are dependent on those programs.  They will have to manually level up a toon.  That might make it easier to identify them and ban them more quickly too.  They have to do something because the spamming is really hampering my enjoyment.  I can't chat with anyone at all because the chat flies so fast you don't have time to see and read what others are chatting about or conversing with you about.  It's annoying having to stop what you are doing just to scroll up constantly to see a reply or give a reply.

3 hours ago, UnfriendlyGhost said:

You'd think if they watched EVERY SINGLE  F2P MMO LAUNCH in the past two or so years they would have prepared better for the spam. Hell, look at their own game Aion which is still ravaged by spam

Have you been on Aion lately? Because this is a profound lie.