So much crap... not enough space....

LordLokai

I'm just going to start by saying, this is a basic and VERY shadey tactic used by mmo companies to squeeze pennies out of players.  First, you limit there inventory space, then you make as many little items as you can that they need, pick axes, unsealing charms, keys, oh better make 2 kinds of keys and charms, vases for jars, potions, food, transfomation stones, every little conceivable item to fill up that inventory space as MUCH as possible so they have NO space and then... you design a system that requires REAL cash to unlock more space. 

so if you need 8 pouches and are 11 spaces in your basic inventory+store house, thats only like what... 50-60 dollars to open up all of your inventory on ONE character?

I'm starting to question the motorization of the game between the shoddy rng, untradeable purples, and selling of basic quality of life things its got my in a tough situation....

On the one hand i like the game... on the other? i'm not so keen on supporting these kinds of practices... i'm ok with buying account bound costumes even if they are expensive, boosters? sure! character slots? why certainly! but when you are telling me its going to cost me 60 bucks per character just to have an inventory? its kind of where i draw the line... are little things in this game that are piling up into big things... and as much as i enjoy the theme, story, and game play... you are testing my patience with perfect world like practices.

Everything hinges on currency exchange and hongmoon coins... if i cant earn ncoin for simple necessities that'll be it for me, as someone that gladly throws money at warframes because its a good game and i dont mind paying for potatoes and skins... this game... has me beating my head against the wall in frustration...

anyone else feel that way? or am i alone...i dont want this game to end up like SWTOR... a game has done everything wrong on there item shop possible...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like I've been spoiled, because most of the pay-model things in this game leave a bad taste in my mouth. I mean, 10 dollars for a costume? 50 dollars as you say to unlock everything for minimal inventory space? Lack of shared bank? Even TERA, which I felt frustrated about after some amount of time was way more generous about things. I took a glance at the shop, A *cricket* moonwater key is 600 NC-coin, which averages out to about 7.50.

It's absurd. I do not doubt some people are fine with it, but I have zero plans to spend money on this game at this current stage, given how much of a flat out gouge it appears to be.

Inventory and character slots are things most people would need/buy and that's why they have restrictions like they have . 
If you don't want to spend $$$ to expand inventory after some time you will get enough pouches from daily spins.  

Somehow a lot of things i took for granted in other f2p games are being heavily milked here. Banking slot, Wardrobe, etc. you name it. For exp: Tera Character inv. is fully unlock able ingame, just hard. They're selling Bank slot inventory instead but still gives people one whole Page for free. Here? Just lock half the Character and Bank Inventory even though the main appeal is getting costumes. 

The other f2p are making life better for premium while giving free players the full experience. People have incentive to pay for premium then.

This game is in reverse, giving premium the normal experience while making life difficult for everyone else...

Its like NC have a meeting titled "What are stuff other companies aren't squeezing out of people that we can?". 

I'm fine with money making tactics lol, but these guys are too obvious. If everyone else in the industry is giving better service than you then its hard to not notice. NC is actually worse than GameForge. Yes, i said it!

While there could be improvements and I don't like how the wardrobe is locked on subscription (it'd be nice to in the very least deposit stuff), there are some good things too. For example you don't need to pay for respecs and inventory space for hongmoon coins/daily spins. I wouldn't mind a pack that included account wide inventory space unlocks.

So, id like to point out the ill-informed OP, when you hit level 45 you will unlock a 45 dungeon named blackram supply train, which you can grind out to obtain hongmoon coins from your guaranteed chest at the end of this dungeon. Considering im 2/2 on getting the coins id say its not a bad drop rate. Which means that once you get 45, you can, and i know its hard, but stop being lazy and grind to get, inventory slots, bank slots, character slots, and whatever else you need from the Hongmoon store. I'm sorry that you dont want to invest time into an mmo, and i understand managing inventory is difficult, but its by no means impossible, and later on you can improve it.

Funny thing but the only thing that I at one point didn't want to give more room is weapons and jewelry, which until you get a breakthrough or a evolution, just stockpile so you don't have to get them latter.

I mean there are only two main healing items, instead of potions of varying restore levels. Keys and charms have two kinds because one of them is free and untradable (you get them for surveys and things like that, NOT farming or crafting or buying from the market). And other then that, there are very few things you actually need to keep. I know you might WANT to hoard things JUST IN CASE you might need them at some point in your life, but in reality the inventory provided for free got me so far to level 34 with no problems in sight.

And as i was reading ur ar complaining about something that that u can actually get it for free. Yes maybe it takes longer time get it than just spending 20$ or more but u can get it for free. Tell me a game that offers almost 60% of its cash shop for something like no cost at all for f2p player. Maybe yes u have to grind a bit or be a bit lucky but still. Im a founders pack user but spent all the stuff on my main but now im collecting free coin to open invent to my alt and so on 

1. I've never had any problems with my inventory space and I haven't bought any pouches. Just know which items to throw away/put in wh and salvage whenever you can.

2. You don't need "Real Cash" to unlock more spaces. You can get bags from spinning the wheel(daily dash) + you can buy them with Hongmoon Coins.

These are the people that give the FTP folks a bad name. In every one of these posts....EVERY ONE of them...be it crying for unlocking the inventory, or crying for the use of the wardrobe...the one thing they NEVER mention is the fact that they downloaded the game for free. It was not 20 or 30 or even 60 dollars to download the client. It was FREE. It was also free to make any of the races...and pick any of the classes...FREE. Then the moment they see one thing, be it mail, wardrobe or inventory space...they want that for FREE too. 

Ridiculous. The next time im waiting in line behind the lady with a brand new iPhone, bitching at the clerk because she can't buy beer or cigarettes with her welfare or food stamps...I will think about all these "entitlement" posts.

For anyone that hasn't realized:

YOUR VAULT HAS TWO TABS WITH SLOTS.

The secondary one cannot hold weapons or jewelry but can hold everything else:  materials/potions/currency , etc. It is also bigger than the primary and cheapest one to expand.

23 minutes ago, 895770_1452550614 said:

For anyone that hasn't realized:

YOUR VAULT HAS TWO TABS WITH SLOTS.

The secondary one cannot hold weapons or jewelry but can hold everything else:  materials/potions/currency , etc. It is also bigger than the primary and cheapest one to expand.

Its not just that they didnt realize that dont need to spend real money for 60% of ingame shop or maybe its even more 

The inventory space really ticks me off because in the other servers you pay with gold you've earned in game. How come every time NA gets an MMO small things like that, that you could pay for with gold is removed? 

crying for unlocking the inventory,

For anyone that has never played BnS on the other servers. It's not "crying" in the other servers you pay with gold. 

2 minutes ago, ThatPlayer said:

The inventory space really ticks me off because in the other servers you pay with gold you've earned in game. How come every time NA gets an MMO small things like that, that you could pay for with gold is removed? 

For anyone that has never played BnS on the other servers. It's not "crying" in the other servers you pay with gold. 

Other servers??? 

Kr - yes 

CN - no same as NA/EU

jp - no same as NA/EU

TW - idk 

I don't have any inventory problems and I haven't spent any money on pouches. What are you haveing problems with specifically?

Also, soon you'll be able to buy ncoin for ingame gold, so use gold to buy inventory. Also, you can use hongmoon coins to buy inventory which you farm in game.

Stop complaining about nothing..

You get to expand your inventory once at the start and the game gives you this option free. Then you have your bank slots where you can expand the slots with ingame money. I'm lvl 38 and I only had issues with inventory during my first hours but I then realized how to solve it. I move important stuff to the bank that I might need for later. I sell things that can't be sold in marketplace to merchants and I sell the rest to the marketplace. I also upgrade my weapon and everything else a lot so that also helps me clean out inventory.

You need to stop and think a bit about how to solve your situation before you start complaining. If you can't find a solution by yourself you ask for help. Afer that you can complain if nobody can help you. 

Playing this game completely free isn't hard. I'm almost max level and I have nothing to really complain about, the only thing I have an issue with is that there is only one way to level and that is through questing. But these small things like inventory space and all the other silly complaints people make are not big issues this game has atm. Some of them aren't even issues at all.

You use silver for the first few, but technically you use silver to convert venture tokens to hongmoon coins, so there you go, youre using gold. 

I understand that paying money sucks but hey, there could be just no option to obtain it other than money, so be happy they give you that option.

Remember when you were given the option to eat whats on your plate or starve for that night. Whelp, theyve put bacon and eggs on the table, and hamburgers,and fries as another option and your still choosing to starve. So not to sound too harsh but... Tough s***

7 minutes ago, ThatPlayer said:

KR - Yes 
CN - Yes
JP - IDR
TW - Yes

oh yes i forgot in cn u can buy 1 or 2 line with money and next are the same as in na/eu sorry my bad but the concept is the same w/o thos bags i couldnt open more inventory space in cn 

And in cn u needed to pay money to get them bags here u can get em for free just by getting hongmoon coins 

5 minutes ago, Tsuzor said:

oh yes i forgot in cn u can buy 1 or 2 line with money and next are the same as in na/eu sorry my bad but the concept is the same w/o thos bags i couldnt open more inventory space in cn 

Even 1 or 2 lines is better than what we have currently, even if we can't open all of them without paying, whatever. Here we can't open any without paying and each line requires a ridiculous amount of those little pouches. 

My concern with the cash shop is more so on the outfit prices. They price most of the outfits at 1000 but  the way NCoin works you either buy it from gamestop or another retailer @ $25.00 USD for 2000 points which is 2 outfits or an assortment of various things from the cash shop (not that bad), or, you spend $20.00 to USD to get 1600 points from their website which is 1 outfit and you are left over with 600 points that you either didn't want or isn't enough for the next item you may or may not want. This leaves you with the feeling that those points are either going to be wasted or you NEED to spend them on something to get the worth of your dollar. This may mean you buy a key or something or maybe some bags, who knows what you may or may not want. 

I'm okay with them charging for things that people want in order to speed things up. I play WarFrame for crying out loud lol. I'm just not okay with their pricing model on points. Either make it to where there are more options for points or at least make it less obvious that you want us to basically double dip when it comes to points. 

Archived