Tried to play a KFM and failed miserably.

Pacifist

*DISCLAIMER* Yes, I know I'm not level 45, Yes i know it's suppose to be the hardest class, and Yes I know I'm bad =P. I mostly play console fighters and the transition is proving to be quite difficult.

My left hand hurts from furiously trying to combo/ani cancel an opponent. Half the time I found myself either :

1.Fat fingering the keys cause there are so many different skill branches

2.Blanking out on what each individual skill does

3.Mashing Counter because I ran out of focus.

4.Trying to actually aim my mouse in the correct direction.

I don't see how you guys do it all within a short 2 second period especially on a keyboard. Maybe I need to get myself one of those fancy mice with all the buttons on the side cause this shit is bananas. I got a new found respect for you Fu Master bros. Maybe one day ill be able to pull off and actual combo that isn't daze -> launcher or Grapple ->2. But as for now Ima stick to my console fighters + Rising thunder.

TL:DR PC PVP with keyboard and mouse is hella hard. Fingers to clunky.

Just takes practice, but yeah KFM seems really difficult. I think I might roll one and learn it though because I like to play things that are hard, and because the class seems to have an almost perfect skill-to-success ratio (if you're bad you'll get curbstomped every game, but the better you get the more you curbstomp everyone else) and I love that. I'd like for sin to be that way, but as it is I feel like I win games I don't necessarily deserve to because the mechanics of the class allow me to get away with so much.

TL:DR I wanna reroll KFM because I'll get punished harder for fcking up and then I can learn things.

I regret to inform you that the only thing I can really help with here is point 3, as the other ones are a very standard "practice makes perfect" thing when it comes to fast-paced PC gaming in general. Although it could be an idea to experiment with different key bindings to better suit your tastes.

Now onto nr. 3, your focus problem. I advise you to at the very least put one point in your Q/E dashes in the skill tree, as the first one will make it so when you successfully evade an attack through Q/E, you get 5 focus instead of 2. A big thing for KFMs when it comes to PvP is constantly dodging and countering to turn the momentum in your favor, so if you play the class well and dodge as often as you should, you'll be drowning in focus without having to spam LB etc. KFM is indeed considered the hardest class to play and master, but I hope this helps you a little on the way.

6 hours ago, Pacifist said:

*DISCLAIMER* Yes, I know I'm not level 45, Yes i know it's suppose to be the hardest class, and Yes I know I'm bad =P. I mostly play console fighters and the transition is proving to be quite difficult.

My left hand hurts from furiously trying to combo/ani cancel an opponent. Half the time I found myself either :

I don't see how you guys do it all within a short 2 second period especially on a keyboard. Maybe I need to get myself one of those fancy mice with all the buttons on the side cause this shit is bananas. I got a new found respect for you Fu Master bros. Maybe one day ill be able to pull off and actual combo that isn't daze -> launcher or Grapple ->2. But as for now Ima stick to my console fighters + Rising thunder.

This is how majority of people do it so fast :  

Now this is nothing new,youtube and google is full of the guides on how to do it,or download programs like "razor synapse" and make yourself a macro. Just by seeing some ani cancel by some ppl you can clearly see that the person is using something. Now il probably get flamed by self proclaimed pros that will say that they don't use anything. And yea there are people that probably don't need to use anything cause it can be mastered if given enough time and patience. here's another vid. 

the above macro demonstration SUCKED LOL, an actual kfm 3rf cancel is MUCH faster than that, not to mention due to their horribly scripted delay time on skills it didn't even work 20% of the times, from what i saw above either the jab was slowed in some cases causing no cyclone or otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgsWlKrnEzo

from 0:24 to 0:28, thats how fast a real 3rf is, 1 tremor if you're fast you could get 4 3rfs in, whereas that CN guy in your vid's speed would get like, 2 at most IF it doesn't crap out like it does 20% of the times.

also, using a macro for kfm combos is the worst idea ever, i thought about it b4 i started playing the game, cuz i know how to make them myself, but it's so completely *cricket*ing stupid, the situation changes all the time in a fight, for example if u macro 3rf and are caught in a place where u need to use cyclone after another skill instead of 3rf, it's gona screw u up, if u bind to different keys it's going to slow u down, not to mention perma banned LOL

Now this is nothing new,youtube and google is full of the guides on how to do it,or download programs like "razor synapse" and make yourself a macro. Just by seeing some ani cancel by some ppl you can clearly see that the person is using something. Now il probably get flamed by self proclaimed pros that will say that they don't use anything. And yea there are people that probably don't need to use anything cause it can be mastered if given enough time and patience. here's another vid. 

14 minutes ago, OMGLOL said:

the above macro demonstration SUCKED LOL, an actual kfm 3rf cancel is MUCH faster than that, not to mention due to their horribly scripted delay time on skills it didn't even work 20% of the times, from what i saw above either the jab was slowed in some cases causing no cyclone or otherwise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgsWlKrnEzo

from 0:24 to 0:28, thats how fast a real 3rf is, 1 tremor if you're fast you could get 4 3rfs in, whereas that CN guy in your vid's speed would get like, 2 at most IF it doesn't crap out like it does 20% of the times.

also, using a macro for kfm combos is the worst idea ever, i thought about it b4 i started playing the game, cuz i know how to make them myself, but it's so completely *cricket*ing stupid, the situation changes all the time in a fight, for example if u macro 3rf and are caught in a place where u need to use cyclone after another skill instead of 3rf, it's gona screw u up, if u bind to different keys it's going to slow u down, not to mention perma banned LOL

You can't know if that person in your vid is using macro or not,if it's bannable no1 will ever admit of using it,also i heard using razor program is not bannable. wasn't there a thread on forum what cause game crashes and one of reason was due to some razor programs for macro? idk could be wrong. i myself are not using anything cause i have no interested in this game PvP,not saying it sucks but it's utterly boring and unbalanced. maybe it gets better at lvl 50patch. after 10 matches or so it's all repetitive .

1: My advice, though not original, is: start slow. Practice one type of thing at a time, and do it first slow and when you see it seems to work increase speed. I advice practicing Q/E first, then SS, then triple kicks, then aircombo>SS>F and only then go for 3RF, because to be honest you rarely get to use it if you are not very good or the opponent is bad.

2: I have 1 year KFM experience and it still happens to me sometimes XD. Especially since they update skills regularly. I recommend to reskill carefully between matches, by hand not using preset skill configs, to re-evaluate each skill while you pick it. That will help you memorize everything and also help you make combo plans.

3: 1 point into triple kick is a must! It will net you 6 focus at the beginning of an air combo, which is when you definitely need it most. I would also strongly recommend three points into Q/E, especially as a beginner, which includes extra focus from the first point as mentioned, and if you go 3RF and have focus problems use the Searing Kick instead of the Cyclone.

4: Switch off skill close up views. Go to maximal view distance. Position camera high above character (optional). Reduce camera X-axis slowing to 0. Reduce graphics for fast FPS. This all should help you to aim fast and accurately with more practice. ^_^

KFM in my honest opinion is the hardest class to master . 

In order to do so , you need to practice the combos A LOT. 

I chose KFM since the first CB and decided i'll be practicing the combos to land them perfectly . I't took me quite a while but i got to say , once you land them perfectly , you get a GOD LIKE feeling . 

I managed to get to 1970 rating and can tell you im glad i chose kfm . 

all i can say is watch Jaesung pvp videos and learn from him . 

Keep practicing and you will get it eventually . 

1 hour ago, Eladriel said:

First of all. This guy is not 3rf'ing...... hes r2f'ing. Theya re spec'd so that if they crit on LMB they wil proc Cyclone kick and the crit is insane with a lot of gear. That shit does not work in arena because gear doesnt matter in arena.

KFM is hard to learn, EVERY class is hard to master. Being a good PvPer is not how well you can anicancel or do combos. thats 10% of it. The other 90% is knowing EVERY other classes toolkit and what they will do when put into certain situations. The game being 1v1 is all about mind games. The combos and anicancelling will not come over but within a week you can master it. Learning every other class and all of their offensive and defensive abilities? that takes time. Than you actually have to work on your mind games. I got to 1800 as a level 28 KFM. Could barely 3rf with my ping but I just outplayed peopel due to their lack of knowledge of their own class and mine.its preseason. Do not be afraid to que. Do not be afraid of losing just keep going at it and learning what other classes skills look like and do. And follow this saying "If you are easy to guess, than you are easy to beat"

I may make a video guide on practicing 3rf'ing best way to do it is while leveling so you learn the rhythm. Trying it in pvp forces you  to panick and start mashing buttons and unfortunatley unlike destroyers, you CANNOT 3rf while button mashing, you need to get to the point where you can press the buttons only ONCE in a certain rhythm to 3rf properly.

Practice animation cancelling combos while levelling, that's what I did. I know this was linked already in this thread, but I'll do it again:

This is the video I used in order to learn ani-cancelling, and it has been greatly helpful. Practice that standard ani-cancel 3>LB>F combo (also known as the 3rf combo) and you'll get the hang of it eventually.

I strongly advise against creating any form of macros to help you, however, as this goes against the ToS and thus could get you banned. (Picture proof for reference.)

3 hours ago, Eladriel said:

Notice that this player has points in his anicancel where he slows down (likely due to fingers getting tired or just losing the timing for a moment). He's not macro-ing.

2 hours ago, Desolo said:

First of all. This guy is not 3rf'ing...... hes r2f'ing. Theya re spec'd so that if they crit on LMB they wil proc Cyclone kick and the crit is insane with a lot of gear. That shit does not work in arena because gear doesnt matter in arena.

KFM is hard to learn, EVERY class is hard to master. Being a good PvPer is not how well you can anicancel or do combos. thats 10% of it. The other 90% is knowing EVERY other classes toolkit and what they will do when put into certain situations. The game being 1v1 is all about mind games. The combos and anicancelling will not come over but within a week you can master it. Learning every other class and all of their offensive and defensive abilities? that takes time. Than you actually have to work on your mind games. I got to 1800 as a level 28 KFM. Could barely 3rf with my ping but I just outplayed peopel due to their lack of knowledge of their own class and mine.its preseason. Do not be afraid to que. Do not be afraid of losing just keep going at it and learning what other classes skills look like and do. And follow this saying "If you are easy to guess, than you are easy to beat"

I may make a video guide on practicing 3rf'ing best way to do it is while leveling so you learn the rhythm. Trying it in pvp forces you  to panick and start mashing buttons and unfortunatley unlike destroyers, you CANNOT 3rf while button mashing, you need to get to the point where you can press the buttons only ONCE in a certain rhythm to 3rf properly.

Screenshot of 1800 at lvl28?

Slow down, KFM is actually a slower more calculated class, until its time to burst.  The 3RF actually feels slower than it looks.  You can do noob mode "3RF" and just spam 3F, without points in smite, it just drains your focus slowly.  Put points in Q/E is HUGE, more iframes + more focus + more triple kicks available to start a cc chain.

in my opinion KFM is the most ill equiped job for pvp everyone else b***h modes and sets their job up to either lock you in place with freesze moves/stun moves/ or they keep you off the ground and run away. ncsoft needs to increase the range KFM has to jump/zip to the enemy cause it isn't a fair fight them being able to stay out of engagement range and being able to attack across the map.  i also think they shouldnt have a quest that forces you to do pvp. my hopes for the game went downhill fast when i saw how much people  went outa the way to run away from the opponent. like it literally ruined my night about as bad as the not having enough keys or money or unsealing charms cause the quest boxes wont give them.... i had to change my crafts just to make unsealing charms cause i went 3 whole days of doing daily quests/battles that give boxes and not getting a single key or charm.

1 hour ago, xxmasterg7xx said:

in my opinion KFM is the most ill equiped job for pvp everyone else b***h modes and sets their job up to either lock you in place with freesze moves/stun moves/ or they keep you off the ground and run away. ncsoft needs to increase the range KFM has to jump/zip to the enemy cause it isn't a fair fight them being able to stay out of engagement range and being able to attack across the map.  i also think they shouldnt have a quest that forces you to do pvp. my hopes for the game went downhill fast when i saw how much people  went outa the way to run away from the opponent. like it literally ruined my night about as bad as the not having enough keys or money or unsealing charms cause the quest boxes wont give them.... i had to change my crafts just to make unsealing charms cause i went 3 whole days of doing daily quests/battles that give boxes and not getting a single key or charm.

You are sadly mistaken. KFM is one of the best equipped for pvp. However, KFM has the highest skill cap over any other class in pvp.. so most players are unable to perform with it. Learn your class. If you do not take to the class in pvp. Don't pvp or reroll.

Archived