Forums

Blight Weapon Cancer.

Alumez

its not about easy, its about stupid, boring and monotoneous.

Yes, most mmorpgs are about farming and grinding, but they usually try to make this interesting. new areas, different quests and stuff. Normally the mmorpgs dont make you run the exact same *cricket*ing quest over and over and over and over, without offering any alternative. Normally you CAN repeat daily quest, but you do not HAVE TO. In this case its *cricket*ing impossible, you need to run the same *cricket*ing dungeon to get the weapon, or cough up some $$$. And thats retarted.

No serious designer would consider this a good idea, making a bottleneck that requires endless grinding. Its here on purpose, to annoy player until they pay $$.

The reason this RNG is so punishing, is that you *have* to get the unlock-weapon. In WoW, or other MMOs, you could just skip it, suffer for a few levels, and then switch to new  higher level equipment when it comes along.

However, the brilliant keys offer an elegant solution to this. My pattern is to run the instances a few times trying to get the weapon drop, while collecting the chests. If I have 3 chests, I'll open two of them with normal keys. That gave me 5 chances for the weapon. If none of those worked, I'll use a brilliant key on my last chest. The cost (at low level) is tiny, so it's worth avoiding the RNG hell, but still encourages me to grind the instances several times.

I got my Blight Weapon in the first run (out of the box) and my friend got it after the 10th+ run. It's all luck and patience. I've still been grinding it to complete the soul shield set, though. Unfortunately, you gotta keep trying in these situations. 

For all new players, this is how you avoid this!

-By the time you reach the dungeon, or shortly after, you will receive an item from doing Daily Dash (If I remember correctly it's around the center of the board) that you can turn into Hongmoon Coins. If you have not received the item by that time just continue on with the Blackram chest in your inventory as you'll get it very soon.

-Once you have the item, you will need 10 silver, (easily gotten by selling a few keys or charms on the AH) to buy 10 Soulstones from the Dragon Express which you can access through the bottom panel of your inventory.

-Once you have the 10 soulstones and that item, right-click the item to transmute it into Hongmoon Coins (I forget the amount you get but it's guaranteed to be more than you need.)

-Next open the Hongmoon Store and proceed to the Hongmoon Coin Tab. Purchase a Viridian Chest Key with those coins you just acquired and choose to use it when opening that Blackram chest you held onto earlier. Guaranteed to be your class weapon!

-Easy Peezy! Move on knowing you just avoided a situation that drove many to the brink of insanity lol

Archived