Forums

gold spammers

jok3r

They probably didn't expect so many gold botters. I've never seen it this bad in any mmo I've ever played, but here they're ruthless! Thanks for increasing the level cap to ten for chatting in region, faction, and party chat. But a bit more then that needs to get done. We need GM's, whether it's paid by the company or by volunteer.

I have to agree with the complaints. there's so much gold selling being spammed in the time it takes me to type out just this sentence alone I have more than 200 messages in my chat log. Screenshot By the time I hit Submit Reply after adding my link the chat apparently 'capped' at 300 unread messages and started to push itself.

In fifteen years of online gaming i have never withnessed a game spammed so hardcore by anyone. Gold farmers need to GO AWAY!

Please have them do business elsewhere because they're ruining my game experience!!! :(

Can't read group LFG channels, region and pretty much every channels!  I was supposed to buy founder packs like each game i decide to play which in the case of  Free-toplay models and lasting games such as Everquest and Atlantica Online we're talking about literally thousands of dollars worth in spending over the years. But in this game the spam we get from gold sellers like this is INSANE. So this situation MUST be addressed ASAP! Forget buying, forget just about chatting with other players. :(

TOP PRIORITY NUMBER ONE: GOLD SPAMMERS/CHAT SPAMMING ~ Get this under control!

I have waited over a year for this game. It was supposed to be my top pick since i really love the style of NCSOFT's games art and gameplay but this is ruining it for me in every aspects. 

/frustrated day one

I used to write and test most games to be released and i was a beta tester for BnS but I have never expected this! Man, seriously you guys... give me mod powers and i'll kick/lock down those botters/spammers out in no time to keep the house clean. I really don't mind playing in-game police at this point. =p

20 minutes ago, Sintacs said:

Very easy to get around both. They need to region lock (very lame, but definitely necessary atm) and have detection for VPN's and whatnot, and not allow the game to run if anything like that is detected.)

True but keep in mind sellers are using Vpns. Get those IPs auto banned / hardware with spam reports. It will really limit them fast. It won't be a permanent solution. Region blocking won't solve anything besides making them use US IP addresses. 

The shear number of bots currently in game is overwhelming and something needs to be done fast. I suggest a Gm or higher log in and start banning accounts and if that doesn't work on cutting down their numbers then try banning the logged IP and if that doesn't work do a country wide ban posting why such an action had to be taken. Either way it must be fixed. I saw where someone posted tomorrow's patch notes and that is no where near enough just being able to add reports on bots and spammers is useless and for that matter right now so is unlimiting the amount of people we can block too there is just to bloody many of them. I remove bots daily and refill in 30 minutes there is just to many and for that 30 minutes i do nothing else but blocking bots. If this isn't fixed fast it will effect NCSoft's revenue for the game they are completely ruining this game and their own chance at any profits with excessive spam.

mNQcHPQ.jpg

please, this is serious, these bots can pass the level restriction, and they're not exist when i try to check their character info, please, investigate this, we can't take this

their name keep changing every 2 minutes and even 9000 block slot cant do anything. this is Blade and Soul, not Bot and Salt (bot keep spamming, we keep getting salty because we cant do anything to stop it)

21 hours ago, Grio said:

True but keep in mind sellers are using Vpns. Get those IPs auto banned / hardware with spam reports. It will really limit them fast. It won't be a permanent solution. Region blocking won't solve anything besides making them use US IP addresses. 

By VPN detection I mean block users who are using one.

I really wish they made this game pay to play. One time fee pay and I bet we would not be having it this bad. We might have seen a couple gold sellers but they loose a lot when getting banned. I cant invest a dime in this game under this conditions and I really wanted to.

8 minutes ago, Bladez said:

I really wish they made this game pay to play. One time fee pay and I bet we would not be having it this bad. We might have seen a couple gold sellers but they loose a lot when getting banned. I cant invest a dime in this game under this conditions and I really wanted to.

Could even limit the global chat channels to paying users only. Buy any item from the cash shop, get access. Not a bad idea at this point.

Archived