gold spammers

jok3r

The game is pretty much unplayable right now. I just filled up the my block list twice in less than an hour, and some bots are unblockable now.  I already had region chat blocked, had to block faction chat as well. I don't have a clan yet, so that basically makes this a single player game for me.

it killed the Faction Chat + killed half of my freinds that are not premium cus of 30% of the population are gold spamers + taking space for the server 
heck even in the advance Run b4 the actual opening of the server there are gold spamers cant the admins do something about it like hell trace the IP

but then again their the ones responsible for it who do you think suppiles them with gold?

the server i played needs to get out of Viridian cost start the Stratus vs Tyrian Story line somewhere there i think around lvl 15 b4 you can chose a faction

Yea this whole chat spam is uncontrollable now. I litterally ERASED my block list just to attempt to clear region chat.. Which is a complete failure. Blade and Soul staff, something HAS to be done about this now.. There is litterally no way for me to communicate in region chat, or faction chat. And what function does party chat have now that I can't read it, or advertise that I'm looking for a party? You may aswell just erase the chatting function entirely! I'm sorry if this came off as ranty but it's completely insane what's going on there now. Maybe we need some GM's working around the clock to do something about all these clods? 'cause it's passed out of controll now, it's complete Chaos. And it's going to ruin what this game has got going for it.

24 minutes ago, jok3r said:

i know you cant stop them, its a free game, but what you can do is increase my *cricket* block limit past 50, so i can at least read my *cricket* faction chat....this is ridiculous.....

They already spoke about increasing the limit in a Q&A livestream last week.

they should automatically silence a character if they get "x" number of blocks for a certain time period or send 'em to a cyber  jail field with chat restrictions. this is getting way out of control. on the flip side, i realize this is something that has the potential for abuse but a high enough threshold could catch and silence a large majority of the gold spammers until they're kicked permanently.

This needs to be fixed ASAP. I cant even see my own Faction talk anymore and if you block or report them. it takes 2mins and its back to spamming again. seriously come out with something so if you spam 10 words with the wording you d/c or something. its getting so bad now....

NCsoft needs to do something about this. It's worse than ever. Faction chat is dead, region chat is dead. Any non-private chat is dead. There is no way to communicate on a large scale without a ton of spammers clogging up the chat.

Remove the limit. Don't increase it, remove it. Block IPs from entire regions if need be but something needs to be done. 

2 minutes ago, Cipher81 said:

NCsoft needs to do something about this. It's worse than ever. Faction chat is dead, region chat is dead. Any non-private chat is dead. There is no way to communicate on a large scale without a ton of spammers clogging up the chat.

Remove the limit. Don't increase it, remove it. Block IPs from entire regions if need be but something needs to be done. 

they did the lazymans way Increasing the lvl to use the faction chat to lvl 10

ABOUT NEW BOTS:

started from more than 10 hours ago, normally spam bot have a character and we can actually see their stats, level,... but these new bots change their names/ or new bot every minute and when i try to check their character info, they just show some kind of error, service unavailable but i can check other player/ normal spam bot's stats, lvl normally

these new bot dont actually have a character, i just don't know why they can access faction chat but this is far more complicated than normal because they can have any name they want, blocking is useless, even with unlimited block slot.

i check in party finder and found a character with the same website with those new bots in his party finding message and i reported him. hope this help u guys stop these kind of bot soon, we can deal with normal bots but not this.

Rheia - mushin

quoted from a post from another forum in blade and soul

Starting at January 27 3:00 AM PST / January 27 11:00 AM UTC, all servers will undergo maintenance for approximately 4 hours. An in-game notice will be given 30 minutes prior to the maintenance starting.

Below are the list of changes introduced within the update:

• The amount of Hongmoon Keys and Hongmoon Unsealing Charms obtained from certain quests has been increased
  • Fixed an issue where the client would crash when using the Spar Request function in PvP Arena
  • Fixed an issue where the “Blue Porcelain” and “Scarlet Shade” costumes could not be put within the Wardrobe
  • Lowered the amount of Salt Lake Crystals required for the quest “Top Chef” from 7 to 5
  • The Healing Tonic given during the tutorial quest will now be bound to the hotkey 8 by default
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to skip NPC dialogue by using the “F” key during a cinematic
  • Fixed certain chat commands (emotes) which were not working in French and German
  • Fixed an issue where items bought from the Hongmoon Store in French or German would display the English name in the mailbox

• Fixed various localization issues

Based on the community's feedback, we have implemented the below highly requested features:

• We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels
  • We have removed the level restriction to report a bot or spammer

here you go ask and you will receive a fix

Hey everyone i tried something out with one of the botters i kept spamming it with party invites and friend requests and i think the bot may have crashed i tried it with 3 others and 2 worked the same thing it doesnt always work 100% but its better than nothing i tried this thing because i've played a lot of MMO games and noticed bots can handle request but not if they are spammed with it so lets help destroy those robots!

48 minutes ago, Grio said:

Should be banning hardware id's and black listing ips

Very easy to get around both. They need to region lock (very lame, but definitely necessary atm) and have detection for VPN's and whatnot, and not allow the game to run if anything like that is detected.)

Archived