THANKS NCSOFT! FINNALY!!

Qessianna

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i sat on one of the new servers the other day (this server was brand new so region chat was clean from spam).  all through the initial area around the pyres there were the same questions being asked time and time again : 

where do i burn the bodies?, anyone want to trade for stalker gauntlets? what level do i need to be to trade? how do i get to spin the wheel? is this weapon any good?

people (and there are a lot of new players) need help. they really do, either because they aren't getting the game systems, or they are just not reading the items or quest descriptions. all im saying is there's now no place for them to ask anything when they are starting out.

2 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

Well, it's not working.

My chat window is still craaaaazy with spammers.

from the maintenance announcement 

Starting at January 27 3:00 AM PST / January 27 11:00 AM UTC

it's nowhere near 11am UTC. thats just over 9 hours away.

12 minutes ago, enem said:

I feel sorry for legit low-level players that want some help.  where do they go now to ask? 

Ugh.  My destroyer is trapped in manual transfer limbo (2 days until deletion goes through)

This change is going to make getting my stalker axe a pain.  Guess I can try to use /say in the area, and hope for the best?  Meanwhile, as far as bots are concerned this only means is the bots have to level a bit more, and that there will be more of them in the pipeline.  a.k.a. serve no point whatsoever in curtailing them.

Do you guys realize this will do nothing, right? Spammers will just level to 10. 

So the reign of the level cap begins. My bet is that they're going to increase this every now and then to *cricket* up with people, like they always do.

6 minutes ago, Vinter said:

Do you guys realize this will do nothing, right? Spammers will just bot to level to 10. 

So the reign of the level cap begins. My bet is that they're going to increase this every now and then to *cricket* up with people, like they always do.

Fixed that for you.

I was hoping they would add the rank 2 or 3 or higher requirement for faction chat so we can start hosing them physically (since said bots would require them to equip a pvp uniform). :(

But I already see 1 safe space chat complaining about the new change without making a better idea themselves (GO FIGURE).

As of Monday Faction Chat is no more.. Not 100% sure if its a guy or group of guys but starting Monday you can no longer block/report the gold spammer.. Yes, I know you can in-game but something changed where you can no longer do it fast enough. Before you could block a few and every now and again a new one would show up and it was fine.. I guess.. Now it's wave after wave after wave of new spammers to the point you can no longer use faction chat and your block list fills in minutes if you do try and block/report them. This is putting a vary vary bad taste in people's mouths cause Faction has been really the "World Chat" for most servers. Now the real players.. I being a (Prem) can't even use cause of the spammer. What's your text step? add a 30 second delay before you can send another message?.... stop being lazy or cheap and hire someone to watch all the characters being made.. look for the ones being named erfgea, ggrged, wqfwe, yhjytht. over and over in a short span of time and ban that IP.. the main problem here is you made the game free to play, so people can just make new account after new account with ghost emails and by pass most anti-spammer idea's you have.. FFXIV had this problem and there even a pay to play game. what helped them is limiting how many characters you could make in one day. If this could be done for a single IP.. that would help.. limit the number of accounts made in a day by a single IP might "slow" is down if that can be done. I'm not an I.T. guy.

Archived