Forums

When are you dealing with the bots?

Volvac

I mean really?

What's the point of playing, when a company keeps letting these bots continue to play?

I've spent so much time reporting bots, that I have lost close to half my playing time. So honestly, what the hell am I paying for? Yes, I am trying to support the game, but if they can't actually deal with bots, and spammer, then really, is there any point?

They really are not that hard to find, look for the lazy names, as a simple example asdfasdf, gfdgfd, fdsafdsa, stuff like that, who sit there and run the same instance 400 times!

NCSoft is getting too lazy when trying to make games enjoyable for the consumer. They just try and hype the game, get a quick payday, and move on to the next title that they can get a quick buck on.

Just wish, that once, a company would take the effort to keep the actual player base happy, and not the botters/goldseller. o.o

2 minutes ago, Volvac said:

NCSoft is getting too lazy when trying to make games enjoyable for the consumer. They just try and hype the game, get a quick payday, and move on to the next title that they can get a quick buck on.

I'm not one to do this, but who do you think you are on your high horse? You think game developers just decide one day to make a game that doesn't draw in the player? You do know they do this for money right? They don't get paid if everyone hates their game. You should do yourself a favor and follow the devtracker. Maybe look at their twitter feed and news on what they are working on. 

I may have gotten ahead of myself. I mean you must be an awesome programmer to impart this much wisdom about how lazy NCSoft has gotten.

23 hours ago, Serjekk said:

I'm not one to do this, but who do you think you are on your high horse? You think game developers just decide one day to make a game that doesn't draw in the player? You do know they do this for money right? They don't get paid if everyone hates their game. You should do yourself a favor and follow the devtracker. Maybe look at their twitter feed and news on what they are working on. 

I may have gotten ahead of myself. I mean you must be an awesome programmer to impart this much wisdom about how lazy NCSoft has gotten.

I am in no way a programmer. Hell, I don't even understand programming language. However, I am, and have been, a beta tester for games for so long I can't honestly remember when I started.

And as a veteran beta tester, do you honestly thing I don't follow dev tracker?

No offence, but to me, you sound like a fan boy. Someone who will defend a company because they may have made one game you like.

As for me, I have tested for this company before, and the same problem has happened on their previous games as this one. Massive amounts of gold spammers, and bots.

If the  company truly cared about their customers, they would focus on the botters and spammers, so the main actual paying players want to continue to support them, by being more active on removing the issues.

Bots not only ruin the market, but also game play for other players. I spend so much time reporting bots, only to see them same bots, days later, still botting.

Wildstar was the same thing. So much reporting, so little being done.

Wildstar went from a fairly large player base, to a fraction it 2 months, because of bots, and a serious lack of communication.

You do not need to be a programmer in this day and age to know that it's not nearly as hard to remove these bots as they pretend. If they took the time to have someone actually sit outside of some of the dungeons, you could see all the characters with fake names, who run the same instance, well, to be honest, not how many times a day.

They use a string of commands, which tell the character to use dumpling when health is low, wait 2 to 5 seconds, before running back into instance.

Names include asdfasdf (yes, totally seen this one), well, a tun of names which takes you to just mash keys, and hit enter to make character.

NCSoft is too busy seeing these bots buy student pack, as its so cheap, then run so many instances to get the coin to build up, just so they can sell it online.

If they trace the characters that are receiving tuns of coin from so many fake names, they would be able to ban the true accounts that are behind the bots.

Being able to trace these things is fairly easy. WoW has done it for years, however not really removing them all, as they do still make money from them.

Anyhow, just my opinion, and I know there will be many who disagree. But honestly, think about it, with tech now days, they should have no problems with removing bots. Hell, they have VR, Holograms, and so much more! But companies like NCSoft, will not keep up with the times, as it would mean they would lose money from the botters.

Just how it works.

I'm with Volvac on this one, this botting and spamming in this game is unreal. i have beta tested for many games and there is this simple thing that doesn't even take much effort to develop.... its called a moderator...... So with a company this big and this many people you can't justify having Moderators to be in game that can Ban spam bots and gold bots? Or let us have an unlimited block list at least... it take 1 day to reach 50 blocked bots and that just on one server....

Please ncsoft dont make this server like Taiwan Blade & Soul or LineageBot II  i saw a few of bots doing dungeons in low lvl if this still they gonna reach dungeons more high lvl and later what happend? ? ofc more and more bots in every single dungeon

http://oi67.tinypic.com/xd06h.jpg

http://oi66.tinypic.com/288mn15.jpg

The block list need a update for at last 500 will be much better

The problem is how the chat is handled.. we have a option to talk to anyone anywhere "faction" and "dragon spire"

And "region" still too broad..

I've seen few games were to be able to talk almost globaly like that you needed a item that was consumed when you sent the message.. should be implemented on the faction chat..

The cost a few coppers, maybe rewards from daily quests too... just so people can't create a character and spam

2 minutes ago, Irecinius said:

I've seen few games were to be able to talk almost globaly like that you needed a item that was consumed when you sent the message.. should be implemented on the faction chat..

The cost a few coppers, maybe rewards from daily quests too... just so people can't create a character and spam

No, please! No more cash shop megaphones...I'm sick and tired of being restricted to chat in MMOs.

No one said "Cash shop"...

but what can you do really? its free to make an account join a faction and start spamming, it got to be made more complicated somehow.

Making something a normal player would do its fine, like reward from dungeon, or quests, or daily, we do that regularly...

I just thought.. maybe higher ranking in the cerulean/crimson rank = free speech on the chat.. but grunts that just joined need the megaphone

Irecinius, i agree with that to a certain extent. I think a game like this one is great to have communication to everyone in a faction. It makes it easier to find new friends and be able to team up. In not thinking the problem is lying just with the chat spams themselves but more with no moderation inside the game. If they implemented in game Moderators that could block people instantly and be able to investigate dungeon entrances like the pictures that Guinte showed, it would greatly decrease the amount of bots in the game. I've been a Moderator for other games and it really does work. Give Moderators a Premium account and in return they can keep the game clean and make it a positive environment. 

Nah, moderators have to be paid people by ncsoft, that do nothing but moderate the chat all day.. I don't think freelancers is right, specially they could ban someone from chat for no reason... 

not saying you would, but people would abuse their power! its what humans do.

I agree to an extent, yes there are shady people out there and especially since this new gaming generation is called the Butt Hurt Generation I could see them banning for no reason. But at this point i would say the Pro's far outweigh the Con's. I have seen games get completely ruined by Bots and they have a really nice game started here. I would hate to see it go to crappy Pay to Win just because NCsoft stood by and didn't do anything about it. 

Guys this thread is way out of the loop, the issue here is not the measures the gm's are taking but the fact the bots are circumventing them. For instance we have low level bots spamming chat after restrictions. We think it might be a ui-less program just spamming the chat

22 minutes ago, Guinte said:

Please ncsoft dont make this server like Taiwan Blade & Soul or LineageBot II  i saw a few of bots doing dungeons in low lvl if this still they gonna reach dungeons more high lvl and later what happend? ? ofc more and more bots in every single dungeon

http://oi67.tinypic.com/xd06h.jpg

http://oi66.tinypic.com/288mn15.jpg

The block list need a update for at last 500 will be much better

a block list of 500 won't help that much .. in less than an 1/2 hour I can be full on the 50 anyway with still more spam..

also many of them you just can't block anyway for whatever reason

SURE i agree that a 500 block list might be a better than nothing solution for the short term BUT we don't even know WHAT it take to increase the block number NOR what will crash if they meddle with the program in this fashion

I already can't get at friends list nor the wardrobe so I would prefer the "fix" doesn't break anything more

Archived