The real WHY summoner is OP

WreckingLord

3 minutes ago, Subpargamer said:

You're stating it's overpowered, that is opinion, not fact... did you not graduate from school?

You're entitled to believe a class is overpowered, but that doesn't make it fact.

If it isn't a fact, then why did they got balanced out at lvl 50 in every other version? 

Maybe you are the one that should go to school. You may learn that throwing random insults isn't the way to win an argument. 

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Miley said:

If it isn't a fact, then why did they got balanced out at lvl 50 in every other version? 

Maybe you are the one that should go to school. You may learn that throwing random insults isn't the way to win an argument. 

Well, if you're that butthurt about a class... quit, no one will miss you.

Again, if you can't beat something it's automatically overpowered get over yourself, ever think... maybe, just maybe... that you suck?

Just now, Subpargamer said:

Again, if you can't beat something it's automatically overpowered get over yourself, ever think... maybe, just maybe... that you suck?

I have never complained once. I simply stated that summoner is strong in our version, and gets balanced out (weaker) in later versions. Is that really too much for you to handle, and forces you to make personal attacks in order to feel better about yourself?

1 minute ago, Miley said:

I have never complained once. I simply stated that summoner is strong in our version, and gets balanced out (weaker) in later versions. Is that really too much for you to handle, and forces you to make personal attacks in order to feel better about yourself?

I'm sorry you apparently haven't attacked on a personal level... but again, if you can't beat something, just cry overpowered.

Just now, Subpargamer said:

I'm sorry you apparently haven't attacked on a personal level... but again, if you can't beat something, just cry overpowered.

You keep dodging my point. I never even used the word overpowered, I never stated I can't beat summoners.. I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish here? Are you trying to prevent us from receiving the lvl 50 patch? Or maybe this is a sign of deeper emotional problems.

14 minutes ago, Chesnya said:
11 minutes ago, Subpargamer said:

Destroyer is far more op than summoner, hey koreans r master race they need a nerf too. please go on

Oh I get it, you're a summoner that can't make gold and so your class is not overpowered.

my perspective is if u wanna fight a summoner kill the cat as fast as u can while avoiding the damage not bashing everything u got or u can take chances grab summoner let him break from u then use another catching skill if can but tat is risky coz the cat is pounding u 

32 minutes ago, amorent said:

Lol,summoners, enjoy your op status, and as soon as lvl 50 hits, you guys will be stuck at silver and your "skill" will suddenly disappear. 

Well I guess for now I'll just keep making you my lil girl until I hit 50 then ?

3 minutes ago, Chewma said:

Well I guess for now I'll just keep making you my lil girl until I hit 50 then ?

I'd be more impressed if you could do it without playing the coward class but I wouldn't expect most summoner players to be able to play something that actually takes skill. ;) So enjoy your free wins for a month or so until the binky is ripped out of your suckling mouth there... champ.

41 minutes ago, Chesnya said:

You're gonna be pretty sad when you can't even get out of bronze at 50, i reckon. You'll probably say the game is bad and then quit.

First of all I will start this by saying that I am a summoner. I'm the type of player that doesn't take games seriously. I spend HOURS AND HOURS online, but I have awful reflexes/hand eye coordination. My friends love me to death but they always make fun of me because I'm pretty much a disaster when it comes to this sort of stuff (one time in xiv, I actually got a DPS killed while I was also playing DPS.... thats how bad I am. LOL.) And I've never taken part in any of the end game content for any MMO I've played (despite of the fact that Ive been playing MMOs for over 10 years) I'm basically the type of crafter/gatherer player that puts all effort into socializing and gathering because there is really nothing else I'm good at. But its what I enjoy. Whatever. I have fun and thats all that matters.

I hate PVP too. But I do it sometimes on TERA because winning battlegrounds gives good rewards. Annndd I'm literally always the last one on my team. No joke. I get excited when I get anything that isnt last place lol.

BUT ANYWAY. I picked Summoner as a class here because its what I main in FFXIV and what with me loving glamour so much I couldnt resist the idea of dressing up my cat as well. I started PVPing in this game only because of the quests. I wasn't planning on continuing on PVPing (cause I hate it) until I heard people complaining about how OPs Summoner were so I decided to check and see if they were right. Out of the 23 matches that I played I lost 6 matches and won 17. Three of the matches that I lost were by a hair. The other two were people that really knew their shit and I was barely able to do any damage on them LOL. And the people that beat me were all higher level than me. Also I still havent used all of my skill points, and the ones that I have used are set up for PVE not PVP. A lot of the people that I fought and beat were also using a bunch of their skills, doing combos, grappling, etc. whereas I mostly just SUNFLOWERED MY WAY TO VICTORY.

c02443cb76c01fb0b02f08db718b38ec.png

a762ab7c631a74c23d1b116794969c50.png

Obviously the people I played against on my way to gold were all noobs like me. I'm guessing that I would have gotten ripped to shreds at higher rank because those people are probably a lot better and actually know how to fight a summoner. I also realize that not all summoners are noobs like me. I bet a lot of the summoners at higher rank are actually pretty damn good. But the point is that with summoner I can pretty much roll my face on my keyboard and win while if I picked another class I probably wouldn't have won a single battle. BASICALLY, IF TWO PEOPLE ARE FACEROLLING ON THE KEYBOARD AND ONE OF THEM IS A SUMMONER THE SUMMONER WILL ALWAYS WIN.

edit: for the record I like that summoner is OP because aside from being bad I'm also really socially awkward so at least this way I can solo things easily

An honest summoner who spelled it out. Does not the 'Not OP' crowd have any legitimate arguements beyond 'Lalalala! I can't hear you!' with their fingers jammed firmly in their ears yet?

Also thank you for your honesty, 846--... actually I'm just gonna call you 'Numbers'. =P Thanks for the honesty and not being a blind defender of easy wins.

PVPers tend to be competitive, calling the class that someone mains "OP" makes some feel invalidated as players. But calling Summoner OP isn't bashing anyone's skill and it doesn't mean that all Summoners are bad. It just means that if two people of equal skill level battle against each other the summoner will have an advantage. I'm guessing at higher rank the play field evens out more. IDK.

But I mean. Just to give you an example: I don't know how to get out of traps or what to do when I grappled/grabbed or whatever. Ive fought against Force Masters who have kept me in that ice trap throughout the entire battle and I still win. Im so absent minded sometimes I dont even notice the ice trap is gone and I stay there for a few seconds until Im like "Oh wait I can move now"

I use petals against force masters and just watch them spam misses.

I simply press Four(invis counter) when someone just charges into at random. After that I throw my root and snare, followed by thorn needles. Press F and heal up some up while poisoning them....as my cat charges in and knocks them down, she hits them with a hammer then grapples and scratches their face off. As that is being done I'm throwing more thorns and press rmb none stop. 

And i I repeat this over and over because it's simple and easy. Every once in a while someone will kill my pet but I've killed people still simply because I I know how to still use my counters and dodges. 

WITHOUT our pets we are like force masters... You just keep spamming in a good combo and try and keep distance.

3 hours ago, Nachtdrache said:

The real reason summoner OP is shit targeting.

Ahaha  true that man. Like seriously you jump in and last 0.1 sec get pet target. since i enter with stun, atleast gives me ´space´if it happens..  But better targeting wont be a bad thing. ike option to target players over pet could be clicked.

To respond to the post above, as a JBM I've killed a summoners pet while still having 80% of my life, and still lost because they have SO MANY escapes, doesn't matter how many times I stun them they have invis or they have back flip or something, also the fact that people are faster invis than they are not invis just makes no sense at all.  

Summoners are the Rogue of BnS.

Anyone remember rogue at the release of vanilla wow? Cheap, easy, very strong, massive advantages over every other class at the time.

Then they got nerfed, not much either, just a bug or two and a few changes that affected multiple classes (ref. World of Roguecraft), then most rogues were losing to everyone; not every rogue, as some rogues were good, but rather the ones who never bothered to learn the class because they always won anyway. The story is the same with summoners at 45; when level 50 comes out on our side, only the ones who really are good will remain high rated. Just sit back, wait a while, then grab your chips and head out to the forums to watch the BabyRage.

Very true Nexxa, and shout it out we are; but I think since this isn't the most current version of the game, the balance issues are somewhat irrelevant. The only real problem i have with pvp in BnS is how the hotbars are laid out with very few options for customization. I, for one, would very much not like to lose stealth just because I accidentally close shaved when i meant to lightning slash because they're on the same hotkey and i hit it before it finished swapping.

4 minutes ago, QuintessenceHD said:

If you baddies are complaining about summoner, I can't wait for warlock release...

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative contribution to the discussion. *pats on the head*

Archived