The real WHY summoner is OP

WreckingLord

On 1/27/2016 at 10:56 PM, jimbology said:

Summoners are the Rogue of BnS.

Anyone remember rogue at the release of vanilla wow?

I remember this. And this post was beautifully constructed. I only really started playing this game when I heard it was coming to NA/EU, and didn't even know of its existence beforehand until I started researching it a tad. So I'm interested in seeing how all of this plays out, seeing as I don't know what's to come.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lmao. The game is balanced around the competitive scene, as it should. If you dislike being stomped, practice/do your research to better your skill, or lower your expectations because unfortunately not everyone can be good at this game without trying. It's that simple. Every class has a tool to deal with another class. Depending on the difficulty of utilizing that tool is what makes something a difficult matchup or not, but there's never an "impossible" in arena. I'm barely past entry level gold as a KFM (1740) and I'm already learning this. If you treat every personal roadblock as an insurmountable wall and quit, you will never improve and shouldn't have expectations in yourself to. 

I just beat a SMN in 1v1, I think that's the first SMN I managed to beat, and he was gold ranked. I have no idea how he made it to gold, he was so, so bad. I literally thought it was the worst SMN ever - until I tried tag team and got a silver SMN in my team, who should have never made it out of bronze.

of course you're all missing the fact that summoner can only really break combos and cant really create them other than root/grapple...  compared to every other class it has the least amount of combo potential- take BD, KFM, Destro, Sin, FM and play well and you can 100-0 in arena, with a summoner thats near impossible unless the opponent has no skillpoints or skills available to break free from root... which just about every class has.

Then notice that every single other class has a skillpoint option specifically designed to counter the brute force of summoner.. you can disable him or the pet for 30secs with a sleep or unconscious skill and woop you suddenly have a huge advantage :p Summoners are just harder to deal with using a NORMAL playstyle, this makes them feel overpowered until you adjust for them... As ive stated in other posts, playing a summoner in platinum is as hard if not harder than my BD and FM depending on the class im fighting against.

(just a lil note; I found summoner deals with assassin quite well but has a reeeeeeeal difficult time with KFM, probably another reason summoner seems to score well is that the arena is full of assassins giving them a mostly easy ride up til platinum...)

I've 100-10 people with my summoner combo T^T.

Throw throns that Daze, Cat knocked them into air, Cat uses playtime, they hit the ground, cat quickly spins hammer followed by another hammer daze strike, knocks person in air again and gets playtime once more. DURING THIS TIME I'm using bloom of doom every second I can. Once person hits ground, I'm throwing down my snare as cat is pinning them on the ground and I continue to sunflower them. About time that combo is down my daze skill is off cd and the cycle instantly repeats.

I did say its 'near' impossible, ive achieved it too but only because the opponent was truely useless... any player in platinum will be able to escape the root and the cat grapple instantly and youll have to land it two or three times before it even sticks once and allows a little comboing :)

I don't think summoner is OP, it is very strong and has a low learning curve.

But the thing is when I see summoners in PVP most of them do the same mistakes, no proper use of smoke, dandelion, cat management and burst with sunflower. and almost all enemy summoners let me unconsious their cat. rly?

Summs have 2 skills to avoid that...

I bought many scrolls from store so I have different skills for all classes now and just switch. most summs just use their pve build and go, they don't do anything cause enemy will get distracted by the cat and thats why they get gold so easy.

The only thing may bug you is the root cc and cats daze/knockback.

And you face 2 enemies at once. And thats also the reason people will screw up at warlock first cause they dont know how to just ignore that damn add, dodge, evade and down the caster.

I my opinion the strongest class is the Kung Fu Master (Strongest I said, not OP)

I have a lot of problems with my FM on Cn server to get a good KFM.

Could be my high ping but Im not whining.

I say I need to learn more and that my skill sucks for good KFM. High ping or not.

On 1/28/2016 at 10:20 AM, ben61704 said:
Just now, LiquidMetalios said:

Oh yay, another douche who gets off by being an elitist prick. Nice job m8...........not really.

But I if don't try to CC or kill the kitty he stops all my grabs and cool moves! The only time I have ever come close to beating a Summoner is when I kept throwing his cat and CCing him.

Not an elitest by any means, stop crying about a class and learn to beat it... simple as that, l2p?

Hey,

so after seeing all those op threads on the forum and the fact i cant farm any world boss with my bd due to 12fps and permadying i rerolled to summoner.

Went arena and took a stop @ 1800 to read skills then went on playing now iam around 1900. 43-10 stats or something like that.

What i learned from this is why players who play summoner dont think of the class itself as op.

Because if your the guy behind him everyone else just looks like a noob running around clueless what to do.

3on3 Silver you basically can 1man every other silver team, sometime you get thrown out by the timelimit.

What makes summoner op?

You can E back your cat while its thrown away, it still works if you spam e because cat gets only unconsiouss when it lands.

20% heal on 24sec CD + flower of doom heal + Dandelion Heal

Cat has 20% heal due to flower another 10% if you get 1 point im hammer and 2% on q if it gets hit.  Thats to much heal.

Iam not even maxlevel ...

3 hours ago, Waynedetta said:

Hey,

so after seeing all those op threads on the forum and the fact i cant farm any world boss with my bd due to 12fps and permadying i rerolled to summoner.

Went arena and took a stop @ 1800 to read skills then went on playing now iam around 1900. 43-10 stats or something like that.

What i learned from this is why players who play summoner dont think of the class itself as op.

Because if your the guy behind him everyone else just looks like a noob running around clueless what to do.

3on3 Silver you basically can 1man every other silver team, sometime you get thrown out by the timelimit.

What makes summoner op?

You can E back your cat while its thrown away, it still works if you spam e because cat gets only unconsiouss when it lands.

20% heal on 24sec CD + flower of doom heal + Dandelion Heal

Cat has 20% heal due to flower another 10% if you get 1 point im hammer and 2% on q if it gets hit.  Thats to much heal.

Iam not even maxlevel ...

12fps? Yeesh... That sounds like summoner material.

Archived