Forums

The real WHY summoner is OP

WreckingLord

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Summoner can heal outside combat in 3vs3 mode right?

-Targeting system. Summoner can hide behind cat screwing up other player attacks, you should never have second guess if attacks going land or not. No other game has this problem because of AUTO TARGETING. Now broken target system when summoner come into play.>_< 

-High damage short amount time. ...You see other classes doing good wombo combos while summoner running spamming stuff doing ridiculous amount damage while healing.

Any good player been gaming for long time notice scrub friendly class or fighter after few playthroughs or hitting practice mode. Me, I have no problem with Summoner. Class for people bad at playing or have hard time playing other classes or characters. Sad people can't see playing on easy mode while we play on Legendary Dark Knight mode. My opinion of Summoner class.lol

I saw yesterday on twitch how Aalaguna rage quit after seeing a summoner in every 3s team. One time a summoner was the last to stay alive and almost soloed Aalaguna's team. That was hilarious to watch. Summoners are pretty much required for 3s now.

When I was choosing which class I wanted to pick I was really interested in the summoner class because the idea was cool.

Then after watching PvP vids I realized that they don't even have any cool combos like the melee classes do.

It actually even just looked like they were spamming.

I think PvP should have the option for vs melee or vs all.

That would cut down on a lot of this hate.

Like DN for example people would post 1v1 warrior or 1v1 melee.

Just a thought :P

6 minutes ago, Rosell said:

Dang! Still whining? Some peeps from CN and KR acting like they know everything. If you know that summoner will be nerfed then just shut the *cricket* up and get over it.

Kiddo, no need to rage, your summoner will be nerfed, enjoy your gold while you can :)

1 minute ago, MantaZ said:

Kiddo, no need to rage, your summoner will be nerfed, enjoy your gold while you can :)

Rage? Haha. I don't give a shit about it getting nerf. I actually PLAY the game, while you guys cry 24/7. (Y)

I find it funny when people try to convince themselves that it will all get better at 50 when everything is more balanced. But news flash, whatever problems you're having with summoners now isn't going away for the most part. Their pet doesn't magically get removed at 50. They don't lose their CC, healing or damage. Only a few classes get new skills that make them significantly better but most of you will still be back here complaining about the same things because you never learned how to deal with them in the first place.

12 hours ago, Nachtdrache said:

The real reason summoner OP is shit targeting.

This so much. I have no problem fighting summoners except when I have a match where the targeting decides to switch during key abilities and I then lose because I threw my keyboard through my monitor so I could shatter it and slit my throat with the resulting glass.

A r

Blade Dancer
1 150 LINK
Silas

Blade Dancer
2 100 LINK
Vanguards

Summoner
3 75 LINK
Frolic

Summoner
4 50 LINK
Madoshi

Force Master
5 30 LINK
Hawk

Kung Fu Master
6 30 LINK
Fap

Assassin
7 30 LINK
Kycir

Blade Dancer
8 30 LINK
Safe

Blade Master
9 20 LINK
Laifu

Blade Master
10 20 LINK

Those are the current ratings for NA for the imp tournament. Those are the top of the top players. Please again tell me summoner is op. Btw, both summoners lost to blade dancers. All those bronze and silver people complaining will say summoner is the most powerful class during the 45 patch. By the way, nothing changes with the 50 patch. Summoner actually gets a super sunflower that does 25% more damage. I can also post the EU listing as well. Here you go! :D

Ringshu

Destroyer
1 150 LINK
Bevv

Force Master
2 100 LINK
Radeyz

Kung Fu Master
3 75 LINK
Acchan

Summoner
4 50 LINK
Xukania

Assassin
5 30 LINK
Luki

Blade Master
6 30 LINK
Skroft

Assassin
7 30 LINK
Beyblade

Blade Dancer
8 30 LINK
Wilhelmina Tell

Summoner
9 20 LINK
qik

Kung Fu Master
10 20 LINK

Sorry to break it to you, but a competent lbm, bm and destro will whoop the floor with a summoner of equal skills. Lbm and destro simply spin2win to platinum, and half brained bm will kill your pet and you and still have enough hp for another summoner.

Allright, time to /thread.
I ve been pvping with 2 classes so far both at 33 one is the blade dancer (my main) the other is the kung fu master (2nd main).
I lost to the first few summoners I played against (literaly the 3 losses I have on my bd are 2 against summoners and 1 against a destroyer) but then I learned how to effectively counter them on both classes and have been steamrolling summoners all day. 
Literally unleash hell on the pet and kill it. But dont underestimate them after that cause thats why I did the 2nd time when I went for the pet and ended up getting destroyed.
On my blade dancer I ll start by parrying his pets jump and start my aerial combo! I ve specced into stunning with lightning draw so I can immediately stun it once it drops down and because of the lightning crit procs from speccing into stun crit F I can burst it down in seconds without him being able to turn it to deffense stance. There is another way of doing this with force grip but I dont like that build pre 45 cause you have to drop points off of other vital stuff.
Anyway moving on, you might lose anywhere from 30-50% of your hp in the process depending on what you avoid with ss cause you cant tab while you re killing the cat or you ll cancel draw stance. After you kill the cat, secure a safe distance from the summoner and start regening chi. With this strat chances are you haven't used your force grip on the cat so after ss-ing out of his roots go for a chi regening combo on the summoner. Immediately follow the combo with a specced into knockup X and proceed to aerial or stun specced raid (aka your 2 button charge) and start your aerial combo. The summoner doesnt have much hp so you probably dealt 30-40% of his hp during that combo depending on crits and stuff. Now if you securred your distance and played safe dodging and countering his spells you ll have lightining draw back as hes droping from the air and ready to hit him the split second he drops for a guaranteed stun followed into super fast lbm and F procs that should take him out in seconds.
That is it for the blade dancer and I can come up with at least 2-3 more ways you can deal with them but that is the one I m using.
If you want my kung fu master strategy I can give you that as well but do not hesitate to call a class OP just because you haven't thought of a strat for beating it.
Summoner requires a different approach and you need to notice different stuff but it's far from impossible to beat/op.
Keep in mind most people are new and the summoner is one of the easier classes to grasp so realisticly a completely new player playing a summoner will fair better than a player who is playing kung fu master simply because without much effort the summoner is playing to at least 60-70% of his potential while the KFM is playing 30%.
Is it fair? If you knew anything about balance and how real balanced games are balanced then you d know it is.
The difficulty of a class does not matter when balancing a game. In the end the 2 classes only need to be balanced when they are played to their maximum potential regardless of how much effort it requires to do so.
The different class difficulties only exist for the to appeal to different types of players not to be better when played right compared to the easy ones. Otherwise you d see all the koreans play KFM at tournaments cause it's the hardest.
Play the class you like, instead of whining use your brain/ask for advice and TRY TO LEARN FROM LOSING.
In b4 "lol blade caner etc etc" I ve literally read a thread about every single class in the game somehow being op/up which freaking proves how well balanced and skill dependant this game is.

I play a Summoner level 35 and I have to agree with Exaration. Bladedancers are counter to Summoners IF YOU PLAY CORRECTLY. KFM and Destroyer PLAYED CORRECTLY are also very good against summoners. Some builds of Assassins also work. The only class that can really say SUMMONERS OP is force masters due to the fact that we have a 8 second skill aoe skill that makes us immune to range attacks if we stay in the circle.

Most people don't know how to go against summoner either in Rank as they don't know who to focus.

Jchung, I've gotten destroyed by each class. I'm currently plat on my summoner and most of the diamonds absolutely destroy me. Some plat players also destroy me depending if I make a mistake or not. Every class can literally kill every class..People who complain are the same people who have no idea how to get dressed in the morning -.-'. Some classes have harder times with certain classes, indeed that's true.

11 minutes ago, Exaration said:
A r

Blade Dancer
1 150 LINK
Silas

Blade Dancer
2 100 LINK
Vanguards

Summoner
3 75 LINK
Frolic

Summoner
4 50 LINK
Madoshi

Force Master
5 30 LINK
Hawk

Kung Fu Master
6 30 LINK
Fap

Assassin
7 30 LINK
Kycir

Blade Dancer
8 30 LINK
Safe

Blade Master
9 20 LINK
Laifu

Blade Master
10 20 LINK

Those are the current ratings for NA for the imp tournament. Those are the top of the top players. Please again tell me summoner is op. Btw, both summoners lost to blade dancers. All those bronze and silver people complaining will say summoner is the most powerful class during the 45 patch. By the way, nothing changes with the 50 patch. Summoner actually gets a super sunflower that does 25% more damage. I can also post the EU listing as well. Here you go! :D

Ringshu

Destroyer
1 150 LINK
Bevv

Force Master
2 100 LINK
Radeyz

Kung Fu Master
3 75 LINK
Acchan

Summoner
4 50 LINK
Xukania

Assassin
5 30 LINK
Luki

Blade Master
6 30 LINK
Skroft

Assassin
7 30 LINK
Beyblade

Blade Dancer
8 30 LINK
Wilhelmina Tell

Summoner
9 20 LINK
qik

Kung Fu Master
10 20 LINK

I don't think you took stats course in college right? It's ok, not much to be expected from a summoner. What else do you want us to present with? By the way, Vanguards is a top-tier Wow player, played the game less than a  month, and got the third spot on a summoner, whereas Reckful and Bahjeera (also top tier Wow players) are stuck at 1700 playing destro and sin. Let me chew this and put into your mouth for you to understand my point, sums are OP if you are newb, but if you are a skilled one, summoners are next level OP.Takes a bd to take out a summoner. Btw, funny thing is Vanguards is now leveling a bd on his stream. Truely people don't have self-respect and will do anything to win.

4 minutes ago, Exaration said:

They don't spin to win at all Rynz0r...They spin to deflect attacks and spin to also break cc x.x god..I guess people have no idea how any class works huh?

They really don't.... they also don't know the *cricket* spin eats 2 focus and only deflects for the first 0.5 seconds while it has a 1 sec cd so you can time your cc in the second half of the skill but noooo "spin too win too op guyz"

Lets say this. The summoner kit is newb friendly for a ton of reasons. One of them is in fact as you said the pet can do a lot of this with only 4 buttons to press, but  there are talents in game that allow you to take out the pet with no problems like blade dancers have 30 sec sleep, or assassins stealth which wont allow the pet to hit them. The true problem with the summoners is that the summoner and not the pet, has a lot of mobility, and a lot of damage at the same time. Lets put it like this, summoner is a mix between assassin ( a worst one with a bigger smoke bomb and a lot of stealths with iframes in it. ), a force master ( The roots ) and/or a destroyer which is another newb friendly class ( The heals ). The pet is litterally the other rest of the classes mixed aswell. The worst part is that they probably will not change the summoner as we havent catched up with the korean server yet and it will take probably around a year or more to do so. People we will have to stop crying about summoners and learn how to fight against them.

Archived