Nerf Force Master In PvP

Uma

How is it fair for a character in PvP to have you put in an infinite root? You start the match and get frozen in place unable to move until you die. Please fix this or PvP is just going to be the worst mode of this game.

1 minute ago, Uma said:

Please don't comment if your going to be a child who doesn't know what he is talking about.

I 100% agree. it's ridiculous how some posters don't take these type of threads seriously. The fact that I can't make someone's heart explode in their chest with my kung fu is absurd. 

55 minutes ago, Uma said:

How is it fair for a character in PvP to have you put in an infinite root? You start the match and get frozen in place unable to move until you die. Please fix this or PvP is just going to be the worst mode of this game.

Many classes have counters for this sort of thing. In particular it's FM's RMB after 3 hits will root.

What class are you using against the FM, and what level are you / how many skill points do you have access to?

1 hour ago, Uma said:

lvl 25 blade dancer but i assumed the game matches you up with close to equal level

Blade dancers eat FMs for food. Just because you don't know how to deal with roots doesn't mean it needs to be removed.

Or you're just baiting. In that case cricket me.

• 6 months later...

so wait a second,force master can still ani cancel right?because i as a soul fight can do it with ice,so 3 rmbs for a root,seriosuly no one sees that as op?its a long range dps,and it basically is the best at making sure u cant get close to it,how in gods name is that not op?

force master rooting system is the same as if a assasin had fighting spirit on a 10 second cooldown

3 hours ago, NukedGamer said:

so wait a second,force master can still ani cancel right?because i as a soul fight can do it with ice,so 3 rmbs for a root,seriosuly no one sees that as op?its a long range dps,and it basically is the best at making sure u cant get close to it,how in gods name is that not op?

force master rooting system is the same as if a assasin had fighting spirit on a 10 second cooldown

Nobody gives a cr*cket about 3 hit rmb freeze when you have frost orbs to worry about...

Most fun thing is when youre playing against a retard who spams the frost orb finisher, but crits it every time to proc his frost fury and just uses it again. You cant even avoid that as frost fury practically pierces everything even iframe. Oh wait its even better when a fm does that who can actually play when frost orbs would be about to run out xD. One time frost orb all game frost orb.

On 1/25/2016 at 3:02 PM, Uma said:

5yLBgON.jpg

DhCKLn0.jpg

iYAl5tz.jpg

F*ck you.

FM needs to be nerfed and we're not even in the top 30? Just shut the f*ck up before you make yourself look ret@rded.

7 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

5yLBgON.jpg

DhCKLn0.jpg

iYAl5tz.jpg

F*ck you.

FM needs to be nerfed and we're not even in the top 30? Just shut the f*ck up before you make yourself look ret@rded.

And the current result took place before the nerf update, expect worsened situation after patch.

I think fms are just up there with sin and des and MAYBE bm as top classes.

FM is just not the easiest class, kinda. It´s easy to play and stall with, but it´s hard to actually do damage with it.

Also nobody is playing fms almost (at least on eu) fms are a rarity to meet at pretty much any rank, meaning people prefer playing other classes. I don´t believe people who choosed fm at the beginning ALL rerolled now.

I don´t really want them to just nerf fm to the ground, but i personally think frost orbs are just a really bad design choice as they are really aids to play against. Good or bad who cares, it´s not fun to play against or even with. It´s not even skillfull to apply them for the most part it´s just rng. You crit an ice skill and if you do that you mash your f and no one can avoid that, because simply the fact that you casted it gives you the frost orbs wether the skill hits or not.

A lot of you simply don't understand the situation in the game and how these factors play out into the rating statistics.

Majority of people play FM to PvE. Majority of players are already PvE only, but especially within the FM population there are far more PvE'ers than PvP'ers. Since it is 2nd hardest PvP class to boot, only a miniscule portion of the FM population actually bothers to PvP, and an even smaller portion of them are good at PvP. That's why they're not really in the ratings. Otherwise FM is easily up there with sin BD destroyer as top PvP classes.

A lot of people make the same argument of WL not really being in the ratings and use that as their argument that WL is a weak class. In WL case their population is so low that even though they're ridiculously OP there's not enough people to actually represent them. WL was a huge fad when it first launched but people quickly lost interest in it, very few remaining people kept on playing it, and once again, even fewer people from within that group continued PvP'ing with it.

Summoner is actually still very very strong but people keep saying it's been "nerfed." The other classes just got stronger so that the summoner can't full on faceroll anymore (actually they still sort of can). Most people play it to PvE too but then they realize "Hey, I can do pretty well at this PvP thing even though I have no clue what I'm doing." That's why you see 7 pages of gold summoners but not so many at high rating, because they can't compete with higher ELO players who actually know what they're doing so they start to drop off. In general people who want to PvP competitively aren't going to pick this class, and those 7 pages are mostly PvE players who are doing arena every now and then super casually for dailies and whatever.

This is just a few examples. Ratings statistics can only give you limited insight. Best judgement of how classes fare is still from in-game experience.

What does general population of a class has to do with the ranking statistic when the subject is based on a pool of less than 100 players of which all are skilled as well?

Every classes have way more than 100 of players, if the class is indeed as good as the theoretical text says, the class will get onto the top no matter how much players are representing it in the first place and the fact that top rank players of each classes are the top of its own for a reason, they could as well indicates the limit of each classes but that's an individual. If the collective group of the skilled player base (<100) couldn't attain what other classes could statically, what makes FM strong as a whole? What makes player prefer melee classes over this in overall perception? It is said that Assassin is a class with high difficulty but they have more amounts on the top board than FM which is also a high difficulty class, why? We're talking about a pool of less than 100.

Archived