Forums

Force Master(FM) Ice Build Thread(Find out all about ice build here^) + Me Lv29 soloing golden deva 1 min 40 sec

InoriYuzurihaDesu

Me Lv29 FM soloing golden deva 1 min 40 sec. Approximate dps is 1122 per second.

My current skill setup at level 29 - ice build

LMB - Blazing Palm - Tier 4 Stage 1

RMB - Frost Palm - Tier 3 Stage 2

2 - Ice Rain - Tier 3 Stage 4

Z - Cold Snap - Tier 3 Stage 3 Main burst skill, combine with 2

X - Frost Tornado - Tier 2 Stage 3 Main focus recovery skill at Tier 3 Stage 3, use it as normal dps skill with Z if its not Tier 3 yet

Once reach level 36

X - Frost Tornado Tier 3 Stage 3 Main focus recovery skill

F - Frost Fury - Tier 3 Stage 3 depends if you want more lifesteal in certain soloing but avoid using this a lot because its a dps loss

Tab - Second Wind - Tier 1 Stage 1 escape from cc

V - Frost Sheath - Tier 2 Stage 2 to be used against heavy incoming damages for you and your group.

More Information on the build -

Now i know that fire build certainly will does more damage but it costs more points as ZXCV and 1 all need some points and more focus are needed as well, i stick with ice buildbecause it costs less focus and require less points to invest only ZX, once you get to higher levels and have more points and faster focus recovery, you can consider switch to the fire build.

Rotation -

Start with 2 -> (Burst CD Z) LMBRMBZ -> spam LMBRMB2 -> (if focus is low) LMBRMB3/LMBRMBX/LMBRMBF -> back to spam LMBRMB2 -> if Burst CD off cooldown then go back to Burst CD Z -> continue...

Special Note On Fire Build -

Last thing i need to clarify  is that in order to maximize dps with fire, stacking and detonate Ember Stacks Is Not The Way To Go, sure it will still be detonate but that is not the main thing for higher dps, in order to maximize dps, you will need to inflict as much as burn as possible during when enemy have ember stacks, you will see abilities for LMB ZXCV all have something burn related that may reads inflict additional damage on burning enemy, when your burn is about to drop, 1 can be used to continue the burn and that is when ember stacks are detonated. (Build inc when i reach level 45, can be a long time :/ )

ps. if you often take aggro over the tank, just stop dps and wait aggro to drop or just tank Like A Boss, dont be scared because if you are doing it right, you should deal a lot of dps which of course you are going to take the aggro off the tank often. :P you can use RMB tier 4 stage 2 to reduce some threat.

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to reply below.

I find it more efficient to fill the focus bar and spam 2 (since it becomes spammable on repeated use). The focus recovery from Hongmoon bangle sometimes lets it last for ~20-30 shots, once you're out of focus fire off Z to make the last dozen ice rain projectiles do 2-4k damage each. While those are happening throw in your snowball and right clicks for damage in cold snap.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I find it more efficient to fill the focus bar and spam 2 (since it becomes spammable on repeated use). The focus recovery from Hongmoon bangle sometimes lets it last for ~20-30 shots, once you're out of focus fire off Z to make the last dozen ice rain projectiles do 2-4k damage each. While those are happening throw in your snowball and right clicks for damage in cold snap.

I agree if u spec fire C into T3S1 combined with cold snap T3S3 ontop of cous proc from wep 2 speced does a lot of damage for way less work and if u spec fire X to T2S2 then burn is super easy to proc (its already easy with blaze palm and 2 itself). However that build u have is very well thought out ill give ya dat. ^^

9 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Yup you can spam more at higher levels due to higher focus recovery, but if you do have higher focus recovery and also have more points, might as well just use the fire build because it burns for more though i havent tried yet, 2 - Tier 3 Stage 3, anyways back to ice 2, because RMB has a higher damage than 2 when cold snap is on cd, due to personal preference, sure you can spam 2 when cold spam is there and back to LMBRMB2 when its on cd.

Just now, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

Yup you can spam more at higher levels due to higher focus recovery, but if you do have higher focus recovery and also have more points, might as well just use the fire build because it burns for more though i havent tried yet, 2 - Tier 3 Stage 3, anyways back to ice 2, because RMB has a higher damage than 2 when cold snap is on cd, due to personal preference, sure you can spam 2 when cold spam is there and back to LMBRMB2 when its on cd.

I leveled through from level 20 as ice build, by the time I got to deva (~30) the focus recovery is already pretty sweet from the weapon (you just get free 7 focus randomly). You get more damage on LR2 without coldsnap, but building up a rain of 2's before cold snap seems quite efficient.

11 minutes ago, dmoe33 said:

I agree if u spec fire C into T3S1 combined with cold snap T3S3 ontop of cous proc from wep 2 speced does a lot of damage for way less work and if u spec fire X to T2S2 then burn is super easy to proc (its already easy with blaze palm and 2 itself). However that build u have is very well thought out ill give ya dat. ^^

I think C at T2S1 is pretty much the same as T3S1, just extra flame orbit, afterall i think C is intended as a burn and focus recover skill, you can use that extra point somewhere else if ud like, in fire build, rotation starts with x yes burn is easy indeed and combined with v is nice burst. And yes both blaze palm and 2 would be all burn burn burn as well ha.

4 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I leveled through from level 20 as ice build, by the time I got to deva (~30) the focus recovery is already pretty sweet from the weapon (you just get free 7 focus randomly). You get more damage on LR2 without coldsnap, but building up a rain of 2's before cold snap seems quite efficient.

Yup, that works too, spam is the way to go for FMs.

2 minutes ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

I think C at T2S1 is pretty much the same as T3S1, just extra flame orbit, afterall i think C is intended as a burn and focus recover skill, you can use that extra point somewhere else if ud like, in fire build, rotation starts with x yes burn is easy indeed and combined with v is nice burst. And yes both blaze palm and 2 would be all burn burn burn as well ha.

Well yea they are the same other then the flame orbit 

You need a better understanding of how the mechanics are for an ice build FM. the skill 2 in ice build builds casting speed as it is used repeatedly so the general skill rotation for ice is to hold 2 until you run out of focus where you would then need to use focus regen skills to fill focus and repeat. on a low ping connection you can cast skill 2 three times per second as compared to LB-RB-2 in 0,8 seconds so you can actually increase your dps by doing less work. Also Z in ice spec increases the attack for skill 2 but it cannot be cast at the beginning as skill 2 has a delayed time from casting to hitting the boss, so you would normally cast Z after speeding skill 2 to maximum and then casting Z so the delayed skill 2 would hit the boss afterwards.

Is there a section to post guides for classes i might write up a guide for FM?

Ice FM seems too slow for general leveling because of the time it takes for the ice projectiles to hit the target. Leveling as fire seems much better.

But for solo dungeons or world bosses, ice does seem a lot better since you can spam 2 without problems, and pressing F to refill your focus in a few hits and going back to spamming 2. It's how I solo dungeons on my FM. It's extremely boring, but you're basically untouchable and your dps is fairly good.

i kinda only want you to hit 30 for your strafes and see you use them in game play.

i also don't believe you should ever stop dpsing just because you have aggro. your two strafes, ss, and frost armor is more than enough for you to keep aggro and stay alive. ogres and blackwyrm are the only things i can think of that you can't keep aggro for long without dying

7 hours ago, blkcat13 said:

You need a better understanding of how the mechanics are for an ice build FM. the skill 2 in ice build builds casting speed as it is used repeatedly so the general skill rotation for ice is to hold 2 until you run out of focus where you would then need to use focus regen skills to fill focus and repeat. on a low ping connection you can cast skill 2 three times per second as compared to LB-RB-2 in 0,8 seconds so you can actually increase your dps by doing less work. Also Z in ice spec increases the attack for skill 2 but it cannot be cast at the beginning as skill 2 has a delayed time from casting to hitting the boss, so you would normally cast Z after speeding skill 2 to maximum and then casting Z so the delayed skill 2 would hit the boss afterwards.

Is there a section to post guides for classes i might write up a guide for FM?

sorry about the confusion of my rotation, i just edited it, apparently i confused Z with X haha.

While you are right skill 2 is 1 of the main dps skill, and yes you may cast it faster with lower ping connection (im playing from oceania), but that is not the only 1, LMB and RMB is also 2 of the main dps skill just like in fire build, if you are only spamming 2, not matter how fast 2 can go off, i doubt the dps will be high, with lower ping connections, may be LMBRMB2 can go out more smoothly with around same timing of spamming 2, so with that that may be twice of the dps of just spamming 2. Yes Z can not be casted in the beginning so mine was to start with 2 then LMBRMBZ then spam LMBRMB2, Z can be casted in frost stance not when your frost ability have to actually hit stuff.

5 hours ago, Kelarme said:

Ice FM seems too slow for general leveling because of the time it takes for the ice projectiles to hit the target. Leveling as fire seems much better.

But for solo dungeons or world bosses, ice does seem a lot better since you can spam 2 without problems, and pressing F to refill your focus in a few hits and going back to spamming 2. It's how I solo dungeons on my FM. It's extremely boring, but you're basically untouchable and your dps is fairly good.

2 hours ago, Limz said:

General purpose leveling -> Fire.

Boss killing/Sustain -> Ice.

While it can be slower, of course ice does less damage, but i find the chill on bosses really handy when it comes do dodging and kiting etc... during soloing, ice build also costs less focus and good for the long run at lower levels, once you have higher focus recovery, switch to fire for higher dps in a party of dungeon is recommended.

1 hour ago, Starbo said:

i kinda only want you to hit 30 for your strafes and see you use them in game play.

i also don't believe you should ever stop dpsing just because you have aggro. your two strafes, ss, and frost armor is more than enough for you to keep aggro and stay alive. ogres and blackwyrm are the only things i can think of that you can't keep aggro for long without dying

Go GO FM tanking like a BOSS, recommended!!

51 minutes ago, InoriYuzurihaDesu said:

While it can be slower, of course ice does less damage, but i find the chill on bosses really handy when it comes do dodging and kiting etc... during soloing, ice build also costs less focus and good for the long run at lower levels, once you have higher focus recovery, switch to fire for higher dps in a party of dungeon is recommended.

I was really meaning my post to reflect only solo play; there's absolutely no reason to do an ice rain build in a dungeon unless you want to be super lazy and don't care about optimized DPS.

Good example of ice spec, with a great understanding and use of Freeze+1 to weave in when focus is low, note force blast should be speced to T3S4 for extra damage against frozen enermies. hope this will help you on your way of becoming a ICE MAGE. 

PS. It maybe beneficial for all FMs to learn how to spec and how the skill rotations work for a ice build for world bosses and poharan 24 dungeon as you only need one FMs hitting the same boss as you who auto detonates embers to throw your fire DPS off, so you may be better of using an ice spec where the buff for dmg of Z is shared for the same boss for all FMs Ice Rain that hits.

2 hours ago, blkcat13 said:

Good example of ice spec, with a great understanding and use of Freeze+1 to weave in when focus is low, note force blast should be speced to T3S4 for extra damage against frozen enermies. hope this will help you on your way of becoming a ICE MAGE. 

PS. It maybe beneficial for all FMs to learn how to spec and how the skill rotations work for a ice build for world bosses and poharan 24 dungeon as you only need one FMs hitting the same boss as you who auto detonates embers to throw your fire DPS off, so you may be better of using an ice spec where the buff for dmg of Z is shared for the same boss for all FMs Ice Rain that hits.

While there isnt a fm section on the forum yet, i feel like this is turning into an ice build thread with many ice build incoming. Sure though there is not exact build but all have some sort of minor differences. Im just gona changed the title of this thread ha.

Archived