Fire gates.

Nexxa

Whoever put deadly fire in front of bosses needs to never get a say in games again or preferably is fired in humiliating fashion. Wouldn't have killed you to put a gate or something there instead, would it?

Sincerely, A very irritated player who got hit by a knockback at the worst possible time.

At least you can see the fire.  In beta I used the assassin position swap on a monster in Darkglimpse that hadn't gotten close enough yet and oneshotted myself -- with no visible danger zone.

I agree that a solid object that you just bounce off of would be a better idea, though.

Well, it's a crappy design for sure, but you should blame the hurry, hurry, hurry players that refuse to wait for the rest of the team too. Basically what's going on is the really poor design of having a loot system that literally encourages LONG bidding wars for items, and then these fire gates directly after a looting scenario, so all TOO often you get one impatient individual every run that runs on ahead to the next phase while 1-3 people are still trying to fight over a piece of gear and then you end up with the tail draggers catching up late to the party and getting wiped out by fire in the halls because of that one impatient individual that refuses to wait for the bidding to end before moving on. It's just a very poorly thought out design imo.

Archived