I must be missing something...

QUETIMESOP

Ok, so been playing Arena for 2 days straight now as a Blade Dancer level 43 and I just don't seem to understand how to beat these other classes. Here's an example of how the fights go :

LBD : Purely skill level i guess... I usually win.

Assassin : Not that hard 50/50 match for me.

Blade Master : Same as above.

Force Master : Spend all my focus getting out of what seems like infinite freeze.. I usually win but wtf... I have cooldowns on my abilities it seems like they can just freeze forever.

KFM : No matter what i do they seem to be able to stun me. I attack them stunned... i  run away.. stunned.. ohhh wait... stunned..... STUNNED.

Summoner : Legit no clue how to beat this class.. I kill the cat the summoner disappears completely off the map and reappear with the damn cat... I focus the summoner.. well... the freaking cat.

Destroyer : Grab... hit me on the head for years... Head Slam... SPIN for what seems like thousand years .. rinse and repeat...DEFEAT...I've yet to figure out a way to counter this.

What i don't understand is how they can spam abilities over and over while it's telling me..." You can't do that right now " or are on cooldown. Had a match where they dazed me and literally stood over me while i was on the floor for sometime... i couldn't get up...NO OPTION TO GET UP ?!?!?! WTF.

So either Blade Dancer is really weak compared to other classes, Im missing some skill/item that allowes to spam my abilities for ever and infinite break cc. or im just trash.

20 minutes ago, QUETIMESOP said:

Summoner : Legit no clue how to beat this class.. I kill the cat the summoner disappears completely off the map and reappear with the damn cat... I focus the summoner.. well... the freaking cat.

LMAO,  This made me lauagh so hard

Good ones can be very frustrating, love this class, mained one on CN servers I used to enjoy arena very much

As for some classes being able to spam ability's with no visable sight of any cooldowns it is called Animation cancelling, some abilitys hit straight away but you get 'locked' in the ability's animations so can not use anything else until it as finished, learning how to cancel this as soon as the skill as done its damage is the key to many classes. one of the ways to counter alot of these is to know your i-frame ability's, every class has them, some more than one, they give total immunity to EVERYTHING for like a split secound

9 minutes ago, Elvenmad said:

LMAO,  This made me lauagh so hard

Good ones can be very frustrating, love this class, mained one on CN servers I use to enjoy arena very much

I damn near broke my keyboard when he reappeared with the cat... bawahhaha. 

Hmmmm.. seems alittle op imo and should be fixed... Gonna look into this via YT. Thanks for the info ~

I'm a lvl 45, gold-plat Blade Cancer, here's what I've learned.

Summoner - best strategy I've found is to phantom grab the cat and hurl it for the 30 second unconscious then go ham on the summoner, you can also do this by specing into your body kick, but, that's specialized if you wanna sit there and redo your tree every time you're up against a summoner. It's tough, they do a lot of damage you're either gonna kill em or they gonna kill you really fast, it's all about speed try to draw stance them often since it does a lot of damage and helps with gap closers.

KFM - spec into your blitz blade so that you have the cancels defensive skills on it, this will give you an easier time with their block, spec into flock of blades so you can get out of a grab with it, also you should never be using breeze (LMB) vs them at all they'll counter you and you'll get rekt, wait for your time to strike, get behind em with E and Q and knock em down or send em into the air. It's all about playing around their block and gap closers.

Destroyer - when they start spinning your spec'd V (Pull + Stun) can stop it, not the orange spin that one you run from or use z to mitigate damage, but, the white one it can. 100% spec into flock of blades right side so you can get out of grabs, you want to play defensively vs them unfortunately which makes the match up hard, keep your focus up, don't over extend and you should be fine. Make sure you hurl them to give you some space and they lack ways to get out of phantom grab from waht I've seen which is great for you.

Force masters - spam tab, seriously it cancels roots and parry's them it's odd haven't lost to any I say it's the easiest BD match up.

Archived