[OPINION] PvP etiquette

Tamchel

1 minute ago, Zecarn said:

OR, you could learn how to pvp..since this is a pvp based game.

Even me, working 70+ hours a week, can EASILY learn how to pvp..its not that hard.

If you have your faction uniform on, that means you are ready to PVP.

If you do NOT want to pvp, then dont wear the uniform.

This has nothing to do with "learning how to pvp" as I do know how to pvp. I'd like to see you implement your "learn how to pvp" theory when you're outnumbered 10:1 in every channel.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I run around with my faction uniform regardless of were I am.

And im blue..so being outnumbered is a regular for me.

IMO, kill anyone who you can, granted, i wont kill anyone who is 10ish lvls below me unless they start it first, then its all out, and I will keep killing them untill they learn not to attack me.

But, when it comes to anyone my lvl? Easy, Kill or be killed.

I do not attack unless attacked.

My usual speech before passing another enemy clan member:

"Hello brother/sister, I am a wandering student and do not wish to fight.  If you wish to attack I will have to defend myself."

I do not finish off my enemy unless he/she disrespects me.

If you attacked me while turning in quests or hanging around town, expect to be hunted until you decide to press "3" and hide.

I'm a fair fighter but once you cross that line it's over.

On 1/26/2016 at 8:50 AM, Enoll said:
  • I ignore everyone in the chat unless its something I like
  • I trashtalk trashtalkers to make them feel small

Lol, the self-contradiction. :D   Lets be real, you don't ignore chat at all lol.

4 hours ago, Zecarn said:

OR, you could learn how to pvp..since this is a pvp based game.

Even me, working 70+ hours a week, can EASILY learn how to pvp..its not that hard.

If you have your faction uniform on, that means you are ready to PVP.

If you do NOT want to pvp, then dont wear the uniform.

Because people want to spend the only 2 hours they have trying to fend off other players who refuse to let them do any quests.

It isn't a matter of "Oh, I'm a great PvPer so being attacked doesn't matter."  It is a "Hey, I'm getting attacked by wave after wave after wave of people who won't let me finish gathering even one soulstone for my quest."

Also, PvP is pretty much required for PvE.  What do you need to upgrade your clan? PvP quest drops. What do you need to upgrade your gear? PvP quest drops (though you could buy them for a really high price). What do you need to get some of the best gear in the game right now? PvP boss drops.  What do you need to get certain costumes? PvP boss drops.

What they could have done is make it so that the basic uniform excludes you from PvP and have it so that the second tier of Uniform is what forces PvP.

I don't really have any rules since I'm still leveling and evolving my gear, I only wear the uniform for quests. However I don't think you should be able to be killed when doing said quests, I've seen plenty of people 10-20+ levels over the areas with the faction quests that are only there to feed off lower levels to boost their own prestige which is really said that they can only rank up through jumping lowbies. Also, it is hard to tell what level someone is without directly clicking on them and majority of people use the default BNS mode instead of classic and hitting ESC/ALT in the heat of the moment isn't that possible for every gamer especially those with small hands, carpal tunnel, or arthritis.

But I also wished that you could turn off the PvP function for outfits, as some of the PvP ones look nice but it makes any NPC wearing it immune to your attacks and appear friendly to you until you take it off (like a really bad spy movie). But there should also be consequences for PvP, because as it stands being a dick and farming lowbies until they res with the outfit off is all that is happening.

@SinNoAria

This is a pvp game...trying to exclude yourself from pvp to do a pvp quest is just ridiculous.

If people dont like pvp, then dont play the game, its as simple as that. If they need to get those pvp quests done, and cant cause of they keep getting ganked, level up a few times, then go back to em. Same thing I had to do on my server just so I could get the quests done.

You can easily get those faction quests done once your a higher level since you can 1-2 shot the npcs, run up, grab the stones, prisoners, etc....and if someone who decideds they just want to jump you cause your red to them, just hit em once and they die. They usually leave ya alone after that. 

Most people see that your a much higher lvl and leave you alone regardless, makes it easy to get the quests done.

Saying that PVP should be revised because people dont have time to do it is foolish. If they dont have the time to put into a game, they shouldnt be playing the game in the first place...or they should go back to WoW and have everything handed to them on a silver platter.

6 hours ago, Zecarn said:

@SinNoAria

This is a pvp game...trying to exclude yourself from pvp to do a pvp quest is just ridiculous.

If people dont like pvp, then dont play the game, its as simple as that. If they need to get those pvp quests done, and cant cause of they keep getting ganked, level up a few times, then go back to em. Same thing I had to do on my server just so I could get the quests done.

You can easily get those faction quests done once your a higher level since you can 1-2 shot the npcs, run up, grab the stones, prisoners, etc....and if someone who decideds they just want to jump you cause your red to them, just hit em once and they die. They usually leave ya alone after that. 

Most people see that your a much higher lvl and leave you alone regardless, makes it easy to get the quests done.

Saying that PVP should be revised because people dont have time to do it is foolish. If they dont have the time to put into a game, they shouldnt be playing the game in the first place...or they should go back to WoW and have everything handed to them on a silver platter.

"Level up a few times, then go back to em"? Yeah, I have been 45 since headstart. The owpvper ratio is at least 10:1 Cerulean:Crimson respectively, if not even more ridiculously one-sided.

21608c9d085a284f33c4eba65c5896a1ec455cf3

Well, then get some clan members to do them with you, you do have multiple ways of doing the quests given to you. You dont HAVE to do them all solo.

Its not too terribly hard to do misty woods pvp dailys if you have a party.

But tbh, im guessing we are going to have to agree to disagree on this point (about the pvp dailys at least)

As far as the pvp etiquette goes for the server I restarted on, there seems to be a "no-holds barred" type of deal going on, and everyone has seemed to silently agreed to that.

Gangs of reds roam around constantly, 40s - 45s from both the reds and blues (not many 45s on the server atm) go arounds and slaughter any lower lvl that they find walking around.

If you met up with another player that is red to you, and were typing out anything to say you wernt going to attack them, you would be dead by the time you stopped typing.

Everyone here always finishes off their opponent since they do not want to be stabbed in the back once the other person heals up.

Honestly, i dont see the need for any pvp etiquette since your just putting yourself at a serious disadvantage on the field.

Expect spam whispers from people who attack me and lost...because i'm doing dailies in low level areas for faction points.

If you have pvp gear on expect me to attack you.

If i'm just doing daily collecting quests and you gank me while i'm fighting 10+npcs expect me to come back to do the same to you.

I'm a noob and so are you there is always some one better.

Expect to be ganked often by higher level players with better gear  and  in groups it's OW pvp for gods sake lol

*Try to avoid enemy players while doing faction quests
*Run away from anyone who looks in my general direction
*Scream when jumped
*Press all the buttons while being oneshotted
*Accept my fate as someone to be farmed
*Finally finish faction quests and leave with badly damaged weapons

This is my life now.

1 hour ago, Alisette said:

*Try to avoid enemy players while doing faction quests
*Run away from anyone who looks in my general direction
*Scream when jumped
*Press all the buttons while being oneshotted
*Accept my fate as someone to be farmed
*Finally finish faction quests and leave with badly damaged weapons

This is my life now.

+1 for truth. PvP isn't bad but level 45 gankers just put a real damper on things. Well, I get my joy of setting my cat on them once they 'think' they've killed me off :D This has become the only joy I feel when engaging in PvP in this game.

My normal is to not attack lower level players. Though if they have their hearts set and attack me, no matter what level they are, I will fight them.  (I can't tell you how many times a lvl20-ish has attacked me for over 15 seconds, then gets mad when I kill them.)

Dont hit, and I wont hit back if you're a low level.

* I will never hit a guy that's already on a soulstone

* I will never hit someone talking to an npc

* If you're hitting only npcs I won't bug you

* I never finish off 

* If you're out wearing your faction outfit not doing faction quests Ima screw with you

* Spawnkilling is lame I hate helpless prey

* golden rule of life is to treat others how you'd want to be treated

1) Spawn camping is for unskilled trophy for losing kids.

2) If it is red, then it is dead.

War is war, and I dont care how unfair you think it is. The only fair I know is what is paid to ride the bus or take a cab. I would not ask a guy with a gun if he is well trained in shooting. So, I wont ask a lowbie if they know whats about to happen. If they are where I am, then they should be ready for the hammer to drop. Dont like it, then join a clan and get some protection just like I do for our lowbies.

As for "finishing them off": see War is War. If you are flagged out in the world, then you are ready to fight, period. The kinder gentler PvP attitude is moronic, and runs counter to the entire idea of PvP.

I like the etiquettes and will probably follow them. Though I think I will probably add:

* don't attack people reading their quests

Because that's pretty much the only thing additionally to "getting killed during loading screen" that annoys me. Anything else is pretty much about "I like none-grieveable, open PvP". Open-PvP means to be ready anytime to engange in PvP, not to accept to get your game ruined by grievers that have nothing better to do like spawn killing* or doing road blocks towards important quest/farming/daily areas. Since you can't block people with armour off, the PvP is more focused on skirmishes... and I think that's the fun part of it.

*Disclaimer:

The annoying part is not, that the spawn area is not a save zone, but the fact they can attack you while you are still in loading screen. If they could attack me right after my loading screen has finished, that would be perfectly fine. There are enough escape skills to run!

• I expect no proper pvp etiquette from my enemies - nor will I excersise any of my own.
  • Players that don´t whine when killed or have displayed respectable pvp-skills are interesting to me, and I enjoy conversing with them without being agressive. PvP costume on, side by side, mutual unspoken agreement not to fight if we´ve becomes friends.
  • Going for another goal, boss drop, faction quest or whatnot - regardless of pvp-friends, I will attempt to kill anyone to archieve me goal - any way possible as long as it´s not breaking the game policy. I expect anybody else to do the same.
  • I have no remorse in killing at unfair odds - nor will I complain if I am ganged or attacked at unfair odds either.

The way I look at this is 

-I won't attack you if you're fighting similar level NPCs

-I won't attack you if you're gathering

-I won't attack you if you're already outnumbered.

-If you leave me alone while I'm doing my dailies, I will show you the same courtesy.

Aside from this, I view anyone my level as fair game. I only incap lower level characters if they repeatedly harass me.

I never attack anyone grinding their pvp dailies. However if someone attempts to kill me whilst I'm doing mine, you bet your sweet behind I'm going to kill that person whenever I see them. Had this happen to me earlier today, minding my own business working my way through some of the lower pvp dailies on my alt and I pull the named Crimson boss in Cinderlands and his posse. Meanwhile hong kong phooey of the Crimson legion jumps in and proceeds to start beating on me, I die due to unexpected intervention. I get disconnected on rez so figure I'll come back and teach this guy a thing or two on my main.

I wait there on my assassin (who is only 4 levels higher than him I might add) and as soon as he engages a mob, I wreck his day. He then complains and tells me that he never killed me and that it was stupid to attack him whilst grinding. After educating him that not only did he kill my alt unprovoked, but that afro hairstyles are so out of fashion I left him be.

TLDR: Don't bother me and I won't bother you. I'm not against open world PVP, however it is borderline pointless in this game in my opinion. The only reason I put on the faction outfits is to grind out the faction costumes. Plus the dailies are pretty nice and quick when yolo reds don't interfere. 

I try to make sure that if I'm ever in Talus base, I don't hit others for the daily. I also make sure to apologize if I end up accidently hitting someone with an AoE, and make sure to backstep/walk away to prove I meant no ill will.

However, I'm a Crimson on Mushin, so my life of Open World PVP more accurately comes down to.

-Get Spawn Camped

-Get Zerged

-Get Tracked

-Get dailies done, and never touch my Faction outfit again until the next day

-Laugh when I'm done with dailies and see Cerulean Scum shouting for kill trades because almost all of Crimson does the same thing because it's garbage.

I recall yesterday, I was at the lakeside, actually met a kind Cerulean who switched to non-faction gear to help me down Soojin to get the quests done. Another Cerulean spawns in, kills me while I'm fighting Soojin. Then raises, so I say thank you. I go to collect the soulstone, he does a basic attack. Says "Hey, what, no buddy." Me "Hmmm?" Him "This is my house, you don't get to do dailies here."

It's just an unfortunate reality that, at least on Mushin, you see far more of the latter players, and far fewer of the former. 

My personal rules.

1: Be polite. (Unless it's a summoner. They're horrible and deserve to be made miserable at every opportunity)

2: Be professional. (Aside from teabagging/teacupping summoners)

3: Have a plan to kill every red you meet. (especially summoners)

Archived