Forums

New to BnS pvp, fun so far but...

PixelPhoenix

So I noticed that I am fighting a lot of people who are much higher than me level wise. I am lvl24 and I have fought several characters who are lvl 35+. I even fought a lvl 40 (of course I just stood there because what's the point? lol). This isn't an angry "nerf this class, that class is op" rant, I am just curious to know if the character lvl plays a major part in the strength of said high lvl characters. I know I am not the most experienced pvp'r but what is up with the matchmaking? I won 4 matches and I'm still very happy about that, but after that I started fighting very high lvl characters I felt like something was off. Anywho, I am still having fun in game :)

3 minutes ago, Shumira said:

I believe, that level is important to the extent that you have more evolved skills.  Everything else should be normalized.

Hey Shumira thnx for responding :). So in other words they're in fact stronger than? If me (a lvl 24) goes up against a lvl 40 anything, I will lose regardless because they have more skills available to them, that doesn't seem too fair. I hope they plan on balancing the matchmaking as far as lvl goes but I do know that it is still very early on for this version. Won't stop me from playing and having fun though :D

It does seem to try matching you up with people who are both your level and near your rank, but it will very quickly just stick you with someone near your rank if the first conditions aren't met. 

You're missing skill points vs people who are level 45, and possibly skills that you haven't yet unlocked. It really doesn't take long to hit 45. I suggest that you just pvp for your dailies and level up. 

Stats are 100% normalized, regardless of level. The only difference is the amount of skill points at your disposal.

Skill will still trump levels (to a certain extent), but eventually you'll want to be capped to be competitive.

Yeah, they're not stronger. I've seen a level 11 Assassin beat a max level Blademaster on stream. Having extra abilities would help which is why you should level at least until you have all or most of the abilities you need for PvP, and max level isn't necessary for that. Predictability and skill over everything else for the most part. 

Archived