What would be the least "taxing" animation cancel class?

Asuka

I'll elaborate on the title:)

I have a lvl45 destroyer. And well, I had a terrible nerve inflammation which almost led my right arm to amputation. On top of that, it was due to malpractice. Now I am going through physical therapy etc, but the whole condition lasts for ~2 years already and even though now I can already type decently long (for example, posting on forums with no major pain) and can play games on semi-regular occasion, repetitive actions, especially when it comes to the forearm extensors, are very painful even after a very short time and my hand goes to shutdown pretty fast (pain, slugishness, tremor, slowness etc).

That said, doing the rmb/lmb ani-cancel proved to be something I can't exactly do on a regular basis. I thought I could, but it seems I can't - unless I want to play the game for like 10 mins a day max, which I'd rather not:)

Reading about the classes, I found out that pretty much all of them have animation canceling, but what I want to know, how are other classes compared to destroyer in "health" department, regarding animation canceling? So, which classes have maybe less need to do it or which classes have friendlier setups for animation canceling (I'd guess it's far more doable for me to do something like lmb/f/tab/rmb once in a while than literally lmb/rmb with no rest - as that is your typical mob killing with destroyer)?

So, is there a class that doesn't ani-cancel 90%-100% of the time? Is there a class that ani-cancels using more relaxing patterns, like keyboard-mouse-keyboard-mouse, instead of lmb/rmb for two hours straight? Is there a class that maybe doesn't use animation cancel at all? And so on, and so forth.

Of course, this is mainly for pve, as in pvp even the destroyer doesn't go lmb/rmb ALL THE TIME, so I can manage.

Thanks for the replies, it would mean a lot:) I did my "research", but didn't find definite answers and I wouldn't want to level every class to max level and go through the motions just to find out that the gameplay is impossible to me.

I recommend KFM if you have a good ping.

PvE spec:
Explosive fist spec: 1 > 3 > 3
Searing kick: 1 > 3 > 3
Sweep kick: 1 > 1 > 2
Iron shoulder: 1 > 1
Comet Strike: 1 > 2 > 2
Side Step: 1 > 1 > 1

with this build, even without ani cancel you can easily kill field and dungeon normal mob.

Combo1 (easy mob, aoe) : 2 (Tiger strike) > 4 (flame kick) or F (searing kick, if critical proc) > 2 > 4... rinse repeat

Combo2 (mob that doesn't resist status effect, 1v1): 1 (counter) > F (Iron shoulder) > RB (guiding fist) > 3 3 3 3 3 (5 shin kick) > Combo1 or rinse repeat combo 2.

Combo3 (Hard mob, aoe): Lure a bunch of mob, Use Q or E (side step), get into 6 sec 100% evasion mode, spam 4 (comet strike), 6 sec evasion end, use the other side step, rinse repeat. out of mana, use combo1.

Thanks for the reply:)

That does seam like a very left hand build, so to speak, which looks neat.

Although I would still like for my output to be as good as my skill allows it and not my hand, so to speak. In other words, I would like to play a class to its full potential, if possible. I thought about summoner, but found out that summoner has the exact same lmb/rmb as destroyer so that put me off - on the other hand, if it's not constant (as it pretty much is with destroyer, especially if I go to solo a boss, light up E and go crazy, or when I'm farming mobs), then even a lmb/rmb-based ani-cancel wouldn't be impossible to play. But destroyer is pretty much constant spam.

KFM does seem like his combos and rotation and ani-cancels are more across the board, which I think shouldn't pose much of a problem even if I went for the full capacity KFM.

What is the situation with blade dancer and blade master? I think I've seen they have lmb/rmb too, but to me it seems they don't employ it constantly.

Forcemaster?

As for summoner, he too has lmb/rmb, but is it constant or it's just from time to time?

I didn't see how to show ping in the game, but usually, for eu servers in any game, for me the ping is good enough, meaning 30-70, leaning on 40 maybe. But, I don't know what's considered good in blade and soul. If it's of any help, I don't feel like the game isn't fluid or that I'm laging, I don't have any problems with responsiveness etc. Maybe sometimes when I get knocked down, I feel like I wasn't late with F, but the game decided I was, but that's not always.

In essence, I have no problem with "starcraft" type of taxing pressing and clicking, I can click lmb all day long and I can click rmb all day long and I can click keys with my left hand all day long too. But specifically, rmb/lmb gets me. So, I am not necessarily looking for some sluggish method of play or class that doesn't use anicancel at all, it's more important to me to get away from the constant click spam. Maybe even destroyer would be bearable if it wasn't literally constant, especially now at 45 in dungeons. 1-r-e and one burst is enough for me to have a painful slow-mo hand for the rest of the day:)

From what I've seen on the interwebz, KFM does seem like a class where you press more keys and alternate between keyboard and mouse, so that does seem attractive. I am wondering about other classes though.

Are you planning on doing pvp?

Any class you play is going to require a lot of button pressing, I would say use Assassin.

The first half of Assassins life you literally don't need to use anything aside from z and 4. 4 is a Poison breath to hit everyone, and z is a landmine.

Basically just agro everything in range, drop a mine, knock them all down. Then poison breath them they will die. Or press Tab for an extra AoE first.

As far as Ani canceling for damage. Literally all you have to do is right click and then press F. So one button stroke with each hand. Also this is done from stealth, so you don't have to actively dodge many attacks, because the enemies will just stand there dumbfounded while you drop dmg on them.

The only other requirements to make sure your shelling out damage, is to sometimes press 1 or 3, while stealth to reset your stealth timer. (Allowing for more RMB/F spam)

Its also, a very defensive class in PvP as opposed to running in button mashing. In regards to pressing RMB/F ani cancel, IMO its better to press it in a slow proper rhythm then to mash the button. When you start mashing them, it feels like the game often gets confused and thinks your doinig them backwards so it doesn't cancel out and you wont swing as fast.

All in all, even if you mess up the ani cancel it doesn't matter much. The highest hp mobs I've found (basic trash) have about 20k hp and I hit for 1500-3k even without ani cancels I can kill them without losing stealth

I am planning to go for both pvp and pve. I don't mind a lot of button pressing, it's just that destroyers lmb/rmb is killing me - I guess it's highly "arthritic" by design:) Even if I do it periodically and not simply mashing it, it's still kinda mashy - and, for destroyer at least - mashing does the same job as interval clicking.

Thing is, I made a summoner alt (didn't played with the alt, continued with destroyer, but watched the videos and guides) and found out that summoner too has a lmb/rmb thing, so I said "oh not again" and made this topic:) 

Basically, roughly viewed, I am asking which classes don't have the same ani-cancel as destroyer. And maybe even if some do, maybe they do it as part of the rotation, adding it in from time to time. Destroyer is practically alternative clicking 99% of time.

In pvp I haven't had any problems, even as destroyer, as majority of presses are keyboard ones and lmb/rmb is highly situational and I was using it sporadically as a very last finishing move (certainly not an expert in pvp, but what I want to say that the whole gist of pvp doesn't give me troubles with my hand).

If destroyer's lmb/rmb wasn't 95% of the rotation, even destroyer would be fine.

So, it's not that "tragic", so to speak, I just want to make sure I don't level up the class only to find out that it's even more "lmb/rmb and forget" when it comes to rotation:)

Both KFM and Assassin seem reasonable, from your posts. You don't have to refrain from posting quick button presses or even a lot of mouse clicks, it's pretty much only about lmb/rmb - and I think that even lmb/rmb would be ok if it wasn't practically the whole rotation (literally the whole if not soloing a field boss or something).

Thanks for the reply, both replies to this are extremely valuable. How do other classes fare in this regard? As in, I heard that summoner uses the lmb/rmb, but if he uses it only sporadically with other stuff mixed inbetween, even the summoner should be fine. Same question for force master. I kinda wanted to try ranged class, as I never played them in mmos (always was rogue-ish dps or something).

I'd like to bump this, just in case someone else has something to say, maybe about other classes compared to destroyer lmb/rmb spam. Again, I don't mind "playing the piano" with bunch of APM, just that the combos and ani-cancels aren't lmb/rmb intensive. Just like, for example, kfm as mentioned above.

thx

I didn't see it mentioned in my 5-second diagonal read of the thread. Are you aware that you can use R and T instead of LMB RMB? In keybinds menu in skills section, at the top you have (I think) 'secondary' buttons or something, 3 for BNS mode and 3 for the other mode. If they say R, T, F you can just anicancel using left hand on R and T.

It's what I use to avoid getting The Claw. It's going to make you a bit less mobile, but you can keep destroyering.

EDIT : they're called 'contextual', not 'secondary'

8 minutes ago, huruurgh said:

I didn't see it mentioned in my 5-second diagonal read of the thread. Are you aware that you can use R and T instead of LMB RMB? In keybinds menu in skills section, at the top you have (I think) 'secondary' buttons or something, 3 for BNS mode and 3 for the other mode. If they say R, T, F you can just anicancel using left hand on R and T.

It's what I use to avoid getting The Claw. It's going to make you a bit less mobile, but you can keep destroyering.

Was reading this thread thinking the same thing. Rebind your LMB RMB to less spammy skills, and use R T for anicancel. Have a blast!

4 minutes ago, Archaegeo said:

As a summoner, I don't even know what I would ani-cancel.  So as far as anicanceless classes go, summoner

I remember Jaesung explaining how to anicancel on summoner. Not playing a summoner myself, I wasn't paying attention so I don't remember the details. What I'm trying to say is that there is some anicancel to it.

Thank you all for advice:)

I am now using R/RMB and it works for me, I don't have to go "full immobility" R/T, which makes me extremely happy:)

It's still less mobile than LMB/RMB (due to me preferring going to the right when avoiding stuff, with fingers on TAB still; this messes that up a bit), but it's fine for PVE and I can switch to LMB/RMB if the situation requires for some more dexterity.

As for summoner, I don't know, I watched videos, but I forgot, as I am not familiar with the class AT ALL (played like one level). But I think it has to do with the sunflower thingy and the LMB/RMB mashing:)

if i were you i would go for a complete different route. do you drive a car or ever sat in one? you saw those things the driver uses to accelerate and brake? ;)

buy very good USB footpedals (f.e. from scythe, 2 pedals, low accentuation force, short keystroke). also buy a footrest which is just a bit higher than the footpedal; this will make your foot float a bit, which reduces longtime gaming fatigue to almost zero and dramatically increases reaction-time as you work with gravity and your own force only to press the pedal at the same time instead of using force to lift up the feet and then move it down again. map LMB and LRB to pedals.

i use this myself for games which force me to spam shit or make me do weird hand-gestures like in FPS (running with W and crouch with C or ctrl, i bind crouch to a pedal). i have very tiny hands and also had CTS surgery so i looked for ways to ease it without limiting myself to what i want to play.

and that's what i'm on about: don't limit your fun or the things to do because of physical issues, get a workaround. i would never switch class to save my life when there's a perfect way around. you should be aware though that your feet will react slower then a fingerpress. so i never bind reactive skills to it. only spammable or non-reactive skills.

i hope this helps. if it misses your subject completely, just ignore it. thanks :D

You know what, I never even thought of something like that:) I am very "traditional" when it comes to gaming, wasn't even aware that there were actual pedals lol:)

I had a wheel/pedals set for driving games, but a "usb pedal controller", that's new to me:D

That does sound interesting indeed. BnS can get very spammy at times. The thing with me is that I didn't actually know how spammy it will be and how it would affect me - in the sense that I played, for example, Overwatch (to mention a recent game) and with all the mouse action and also comboing LMB and RMB (though to lesser extent than here with a destroyer:) ), I didn't have any problems. So I simply didn't assume this would be painful.

About the class, well, I choose destroyer randomly, I plan on gettting acquainted with every class and who knows, I might find that, say, a KFM suits me ten times more. But since destroyer in particular proved to be very taxing (before I switched LMB for R) for my hand/arm, I wanted to know which class to try next - and preferably one that's most non-destroyer-ish:)

As for the workarounds, I am kinda still a bit stubborn about that. My profession is concept artist, I like playing games and also basketball. Well, life can sh-t on those things sometimes, but still, as the verdict isn't final (although I was one step from it being final lol - final as in I wouldn't be able to pick up a teaspoon with my right arm), I am trying to act as "normally" as I can. It might be a bit childish, but my eggs are pretty much in the basket which has "functional right arm" written on it, as I am simply not prepared to abandon my calling, to mention the most important thing out of all things related to my arm issue. If I tire my arm, it would result in it being tired or sore etc, I can't mess it up by doing something like that - don't know much about the mechanics of it, but simply, it seems that if it will heal, it will heal on its own (and with a bit of help), but I can practically go bowling and it won't cause a setback (the only problem would be practicality of me going bowling, as I would not be able to pick up the ball with it and I would get major pains for several days from trying).

You had cts? Did surgery help? I heard those are a coin flip pretty much?:(

Archived