Decent PC but slow performance ?

sixtythree

proccesor : AMD FX(tm)-8310 Eight Core 3.4GHz

gpu : Geforce GTX 970

ram 8GB

So it's not only this game that i feel my computer could do way better at , but it's quite impressive . I feel like my specs could do much better than having to play on 800x600 , lowest graphics possible and still can't hit more than 40-50 fps. It's driving me insane , on combat i get 20 fps when people are around . I recently bought my computer aswell , turns out i made horrible choice and managment ? 

I need some help to what may be causing this ? I'm certain there's something wrong with it , it runs extremely slow .

Thank you 

Well, you bought an AMD cpu... not that it wont be powerful enough but you may need to overclock it since the game seems to like only one or two cores. AMD single core IPC is dismal. 

That 970 should be fine for the game @ 1080p or even 1440p. You need to check your running processes in task manager when the game is started up and see what is going on. 

FX 8350

GTX970

16gb RAM

SSD

He's right about the AMD CPU. I'm ugprading to an i5 soon and a new mobo. People don't realize how important mobos can be. Mine is old, not optimized for the rig I have. It's cutting my performance down significantly but mostly it is the AMD CPU.

The GTX 970 on the other hand is great, even with the 3.5 partition. Runs everything on max, flawlessly, just the CPU needs work.

Disable Physics/Shadows.

Also go to your NVIDIA Control Panel, click on PhysX and set it to your GPU.

All your marchines are good enough to play the game in full settings.
The only problem is you are far away from server, thats why you got that poor performance mates.
I really love this game but the problem is this,
we are far away from the server.

1 hour ago, Juggar said:

Well, you bought an AMD cpu... not that it wont be powerful enough but you may need to overclock it since the game seems to like only one or two cores. AMD single core IPC is dismal.

The single-core power from a AMD-8130 is quite significant and is more than capable at handling the load the game demands. That's not the issue.

OP: The reason why you and many others have poor performance is due simply to bad optimization in the current build. Sadly there is little to nothing you can do to fix that, so you'll have to wait for a patch.

4 minutes ago, DBug said:

The single-core power from a AMD-8130 is quite significant and is more than capable at handling the load the game demands. That's not the issue.

OP: The reason why you and many others have poor performance is due simply to bad optimization in the current build. Sadly there is little to nothing you can do to fix that, so you'll have to wait for a patch.

I would agree but you can't ignore that the single core is bad compared to intel. The optimization is bad, yes, and I'm pretty sure it's due to the engine they are using... Of course. But not everyone is experiencing these issues. In fact most people I see that seem to be are AMD users, with some NVidia users who are probably trying to run SLI on this game but don't realize you can't. (I think).

The entire reason I'm upgrading to an i5 from this FX 8350 is because it just can't handle as much and for a visual/immersionphile it's not good enough. Add that to combat and it can be very annoying. It's not a -bad- CPU, neither is mine, but they aren't that great either.

25 minutes ago, NeoshyScarlet said:

that AMD FX 8350  is powerfull like 5º Generation intel, is at same level  i5 4690  in games, problem is not the CPU maybe the CUT's from MotherBoard, and the bad game optimization

No you autist, its not... first of all OP has an 8310. 

Haswell i5's have MUCH higher IPC. If an i5 was at 3.4 GHz and the FX was at 3.4 youd see pretty big disparity between the two UNLESS the application is highly multi-threaded. 

But in our case, this game(BnS) is not (highly multi threaded) and favors strong single core performance.  AMD is at a disadvantage here. 

GeekBench 3 (Single core, both at stock clocks) :

i5 4690 = 3649

FX 8310 = 2240

The i5 has a 62% advantage! Go ahead, tell me these CPU's are "equal" hahahaha 

4 minutes ago, NeoshyScarlet said:

that is ( K VERSION ) i said non K version on Online Bechmarks u see is all overclocked

and i said 8350, not 8310  -.-

The i5 was a K version but wasnt overclocked..... You have to manually do that idiot.

OP has an 8310 BUT if you still want to be autistic: 

i5 4690 NON K VERSION: 3527

FX 8350 : 2193 

Both at stock clocks....  This isnt something that can be argued its a hard fact that AMD cpus suffer from dismal IPC and in a game like this IT MATTERS. Im not against AMD but I am a realist. 

I'm kind of amazed that this is 'poorly optimized' as I'm running a I5-6600K with 16GB of ram and a R9 970 at 1080P with 60-121 fp (the game caps at 120, but shows the extra 1) and the slowdowns being world bosses or times when the game is loading. My machine is new, but it's hardly top of the line...

Just now, NeoshyScarlet said:

i have bouth in game they are same level maybe 5 frames diference -.- we don t care about usefull scores we want to know frame rates games performance

I highly doubt that, and from user reports it seems that isn't the case. Its a proven fact AMD is garbage. Best to jump ship immediately. 

"We dont care about useful scores" Heh, you sound just like some liberal idiot faced with hard facts. 

6 minutes ago, NeoshyScarlet said:

i'm actualy an intel user ( i7 6700k )

but i have two more Desktops, Intel i5 4690 and other with an AMD build ( fx8350) only diferençe on game ( Not optimized for a brand) the lost of frames are minimal i can assure u

Well no one believes you now since you've showed us you dont know anything about CPU's. Kind of hard to take someones word when they say outrageous things.

Regardless, in a game that favors single core performance a smart man chooses the CPU with the best single core IPC. 

4 minutes ago, Juggar said:

Well no one believes you know since you've showed us you dont know anything about CPU's. Kind of hard to take someones word when they say outrageous things.

Regardless, in a game that favors single core performance a smart man chooses the CPU with the best single core IPC. 

on games is ONLY 5~6 frames diferençe

5 minutes ago, NeoshyScarlet said:

on games is ONLY 5~6 frames diferençe

Are you literally autistic? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT GAMES THAT FAVOR SINGLE CORE PERFORMANCE. For example Blade and Soul....

Holy shlt you're daft! Those games you linked are highly multi-threaded. This is why I think you are an idiot. 

You clearly dont understand what IPC is or what multi-threading is. Im done talking to you. Again, I have to keep telling myself how tech illiterate MMORPG players are. 

this talk will not lead anywhere, the problem of frames is strictly of the game, not of our computers, you can enjoy statistic, I like the reality, and the reality is that both processors station at the same level in games, even having weaknesses in single core does not lose as many frames as this, unless the game has been optimized for the brand.

VZf88hQ.jpg

the case of my build is extremely small , ever since i installed my gtx 970 into it (barely fit in there) , my computer performance started slow down , for tasks like opening a browser , folders , (started freezing randomly too)  , i know this might sound really stupid . But yeah anyway , i might be upgrading my cpu and some other stuff I guess , luckily money is not really the issue for me. Oh and i also defraged and tryed to optimise my performance as much as i could , i still get same results.  Any other ideas ?

Sorry, running an SSD or HDD? HDD could be dying. Your PSU have enough wattage? I don't think that would cause slower speeds though. 

How old is the HDD? How full? What brand?

Might be time to get a new HDD (I would upgrade to an SSD if you haven't had one)

When I upgraded to my 970 my PSU was replaced as well. It was old but couldn't handle it anymore.

What you are describing though happened to me when my HDD started going.

Your HDD is holding back your performance.

Had HDD before, now I only have SSDs in my PC.

I'm running with everything on max settings (5), LEAA x4 + MFAA on at 70 fps (that's the limit I set it to). I also have GTX 970 G1 Gaming.

The only time I get frame drops is when there are a lot of players doing stuff around me, such a thing is a sign of CPU core limitation, such as the game not using the full amount of CPU available to it (issue cannot be fixed, game engine must be re-worked in order to support multiple CPU cores at once).

I will Start playing this game Today, how much frames u think i can get?

CPU: Intel Core I7 6700K  (NO OC)

GPU: MSI GTX 980TI 6GB GDDR5

RAM: 16GB CL15 3000MHZ DDR4

DISK: M.2 Sata 256GB + HDD Sata III 1TB

NOTE: I WILL PLAY IN 4K resolution (3840x2160)

1 hour ago, sixtythree said:

1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) (HDD) , my psu is 750W , it's more than fine for the gtx970 i believe , i still feel there's something holding it back from full performance.

Wattage is fine. Like the other guy said, it's your HDD. Look into in vesting into an SSD.

Archived