assassins bit too op?

raiden33

1 minute ago, Nibaki said:

I have level 20 assassin and I have beaten 40+ LBDs, KFMs, BMs, FMs and even some assassins.

Assassin is really OP when you play your cards at the right moment.

Only summoner can beat me, cause I have no idea who to kill, *cricket* or midget.

Only sad thing in arena is that I, as a level 20 character, out of 10 matches got 8 matches with levels 38+ today. Only 2 of them were 30+.

Don't know if I should cry for some lil bit of level equalization or not.

I think the biggest part is the "When you play your cards right ". Play them wrong and you can find yourself in an all you can eat dirt buffet lol.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Assassins weren't much of a problem in PvP, then they would be broken in a bad way.  Rogue like classes are almost always deadly in the PvP department in almost any MMO you can think of.  Normally they are built for solo play, with lacking party support.  If Assassin's didn't/couldn't drop their target quickly, they wouldn't be doing their job (in terms of on par settings).  The life of an Assassin isn't easy, but it can be a lot of fun.  The best way to beat an Assassin, or any class in general, is to become one.  What I mean by that is learn from a personal aspect how one plays.  One could be level'd up to like 25 without a ton of effort and studied to some degree.  That could at least concrete basics imo.             

16 hours ago, PrinceMark said:

Ive seen a lot of this post but havent really tried ranting like a noobs... so...

Guys, can u please let me rant like a noobs here?... just this time please?

okay here we go...

Blade Dancers - This loli spin to win class is too OP! Rekt them! Make them lose HP whenever they spin! Also please make them big! I dont wanna get jailed by hitting kids! Let me win against them! They are so damn cute ♥_♥ ugghhhh!!!!

Destroyers - This giant wielding john cena class is too OP! Look! Just FQNG look at those bangoolas and jangoolas! They are pure KEBAB! How can u expect to survive when ur hit by those muscles (pronounce as Musk - kels) ?! Its just UGHHHH THE GRAB!!! How can u let this! I wanna grab em too and hit them with my... where the hell is my weapon anyway? uuhhhhg dont spin!!!

Blade master - The FQ!? How can they block block block block all the time?! How can u expect me to land a hit when they have unlimited block?! (Aerial combo) oh my FQNG how did that happen?! how did they do that?! Uggghhhhh!!! I hate this class REKT IT NOW!!! REKT IT!!! Change their swords to chicken KEBAB!!!

Force Master - How the FQ can this class cast a lot of skills in 1 second?! If theres even a humane way to press buttons that fast?! Dont Freeze me u coward pew pew pew!!! Rekt this class! Make them stay in one place whenever they cast skills! Ugh!!!  Make their skills cost 100 Gold per cast!!!

Summoner - Omg its 2 vs 1 from the start! his pet health went from 10% to 100%!? How the hell did that happen?! Hey u monstrous kid! STAY PUT! SHUUUU DONT TOUCH ME!! DONT COME NEAR ME!! I HATE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!  I HATE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL THEM! KILL THEM! MAKE THEM CAT SOUP! OR CAT BUN!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assassins - This... This... This... ... ... where the hell is??? UGGGHHHH How can i lose 99% of my HP without even seeing my enemy!??!!! Ughhh REKT THIS CLASS!!! Make their Hide Cost 1 million gold and make them lose 99.9% of their HP whenever they go Hide!!! UGGGHHH!!!

Kung Fu Master - gulp... i cant really really rant about this class...

^__^ Thank u...

that felt great...

Haa touche!

35 minutes ago, Nickitee said:

You cant do anything to assassin in 1x1, NOTHING.

Why? Do you know about perma-invis? Nope? There it is.......

There's a lot of videos and streams that disagree with this. Perma stealth takes a lot of things working for the Sin, including the opponent letting them get off their abilities and not breaking them properly.

There's a counter for everything.

18 hours ago, PrinceMark said:

Your comment is funny as hell. Made this account just to like it. made my day. John Cena one was great

Ive seen a lot of this post but havent really tried ranting like a noobs... so...

Guys, can u please let me rant like a noobs here?... just this time please?

okay here we go...

Blade Dancers - This loli spin to win class is too OP! Rekt them! Make them lose HP whenever they spin! Also please make them big! I dont wanna get jailed by hitting kids! Let me win against them! They are so damn cute ♥_♥ ugghhhh!!!!

Destroyers - This giant wielding john cena class is too OP! Look! Just FQNG look at those bangoolas and jangoolas! They are pure KEBAB! How can u expect to survive when ur hit by those muscles (pronounce as Musk - kels) ?! Its just UGHHHH THE GRAB!!! How can u let this! I wanna grab em too and hit them with my... where the hell is my weapon anyway? uuhhhhg dont spin!!!

Blade master - The FQ!? How can they block block block block all the time?! How can u expect me to land a hit when they have unlimited block?! (Aerial combo) oh my FQNG how did that happen?! how did they do that?! Uggghhhhh!!! I hate this class REKT IT NOW!!! REKT IT!!! Change their swords to chicken KEBAB!!!

Force Master - How the FQ can this class cast a lot of skills in 1 second?! If theres even a humane way to press buttons that fast?! Dont Freeze me u coward pew pew pew!!! Rekt this class! Make them stay in one place whenever they cast skills! Ugh!!!  Make their skills cost 100 Gold per cast!!!

Summoner - Omg its 2 vs 1 from the start! his pet health went from 10% to 100%!? How the hell did that happen?! Hey u monstrous kid! STAY PUT! SHUUUU DONT TOUCH ME!! DONT COME NEAR ME!! I HATE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!  I HATE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL THEM! KILL THEM! MAKE THEM CAT SOUP! OR CAT BUN!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assassins - This... This... This... ... ... where the hell is??? UGGGHHHH How can i lose 99% of my HP without even seeing my enemy!??!!! Ughhh REKT THIS CLASS!!! Make their Hide Cost 1 million gold and make them lose 99.9% of their HP whenever they go Hide!!! UGGGHHH!!!

Kung Fu Master - gulp... i cant really really rant about this class...

^__^ Thank u...

that felt great...

yea ppl say "omg ur in stealth so many time" well y do u hit my decoy or y dont u block or resist my swap tab .-. ur fault for not countering it. My sin is in plat and i love sparring Plat players cause they understand when to hit and when not to hit making it more of a challenge some. Some just like got there idk how like a des jsut was spinning all the time wasting his focus lol idk how he got plat

Assassin is a hard counter to KFM. Like all the things KFM is good at are completely useless against sin. For example things a sin would say when fighting vs KFM:

"stun chain? What's that? Ima flower or tab escape, NP!"

"Oh u need a target for agility buff, gap closing, dmg resist, CCs? Fat chance! Ima just blind u and use stealth!"

"oh u haz frontal counter? Phahaha! Most of my attacks hit ur rear, noob! Oh and I can disable your counter whenever I want"

"oh ur melee? Ima just put an insanely long slow on u and chip at your hp with dots and ranged attacks!"

So all in all a KFM needs to play perfectly to stand a chance vs assassin. While the later has so many escapes, CCs and chances to deal damage it's not even funny.

Let's see, I'm going to try to be as objective as possible, since I'm kinda new to the game, I'm going to use previous knowledge to try to sum it up.

Assassin is a rogue-like character in the world of Blade and Soul, and while most of the rogue-like characters in other games consists in burst, the strong point of this class is control of the flow (or that's what I've seen so far in high ranking), while playing smart with the class, you must pay attention to your cooldowns, and, as I say, a good assassin will control the flow of the battle, since he/she has many escapes, gap closers and the ability to slow the pace of an incoming enemy, of course, even if they are capable of controling the flow, if they ever make a mistake (and the opponent knows how to take advantage of it) it will cost them a leg (theorically)

KFM at the other side is a burst class, that doesn't needs to blow his whole cooldowns to do a decent amount of damage, but they are needed to start to control the flow (contrary to the assassin, this class doesn't has that big arsenal), with a variety of CC, they can lock their opponent (this is if they are in melee range), and even if they have a gap closer, Sins have many escape mechanisms, so it's a point in favor to Sins, even though, KFM can heal up more than an Assassin could, and in a shorter time (this information may be false, as I said, I'm speaking from what I've seen in streams so far) as well as dealing more damage.

So, how is this matchup? Well, since the start, the first one in making a movement will make a huge impact on the flow of the battle, and Assassins has way more ways than a KFM to control it, so, in order for a KFM to outplay a Assassin, they need to play smart, such as keeping track of their escapes CD's, their stealth CD's (which, some of them, are pretty long), popping their CD's (Assassins only have ONE escape that negates all CC, which is the blind, and it has a 36 seconds of cooldown, once you pop it, you can procceed to grapple or w/e you have) and playing relatively safe, looking for the moment an assassin *cricket*s up. And, again, sorry if this is a misinformation, as I said, I'm not that "pro", and, if you see any mistake, then I'm sorry, english is my third language.

Have a good day.

Ok, so I play both Assassin (45), KFM (43) and I like them both. I'm not sure at pro play but at gold/plat range, the matchup as a KFM is not that hard, you just have to watch carefully to your opponent moves.

1. Is the Sin an easy and OP class?

At low levels bronze, silver... YES. RB+F spam while invis is so strong. But at higher levels it's not like that. You need to know how to combo (as a sin) or you are dead in most of the matchups. More or less like KFM, but instead of 3RF, the web+moths combo (which is harder for me).

2. Is a difficult matchup KFM vs Sin? (from the KFM perspective)

From my experience, Assassin has more tools than KFM, but is a bit more unforgiving. As Orihalco says, as a sin you need to control the flow of the match or you are dead.

When I play as KFM vs sin, they are not a big concern for me. They initiate with Run+RB? (Most of medium level sins do that), you get them out of stealth with a Rising Dragon (Z) and if u miss, tab your ice protection or  leg sweep (3).

While they are in stealth: are they far away? prepare your SS to iframe their jump or their shadow step/shuriken. are they nearby? take them out of stealth with your aoes. 

Are they visible and ranged? Most of the times block their body swap. 

Tbh, I think is a pretty fun matchup: as a KFM you keep a defensive position and you need 1-3 combos to take sin down. As a SIN you are the agressor and you need to poke constantly to find the KFM's weakness.

3. To finish: about Sin stealth.

I think Sin's stealth is mostly a "preassure factor" when you don't fully understand the sin class. So you get overwhelmed just by the fact that you cannot see your opponent. However, once you understand what they can do from stealth, it's not that bad.

Sorry If my english and my game knowledge sucks. Just wanted to share my thoughts on the post as a Sin/KFM player. Have fun!

On 1/26/2016 at 2:47 PM, raiden33 said:

they should NOT get invulnerability while they are stealthed

They don't.
Which makes your point on them being op completely invalid.
Maybe you want to learn to play before complaining.

Archived