Forums

assassins bit too op?

raiden33

2 minutes ago, uWot said:

That's the case in like 5% of the Matches against Sins (and mostly likely,due to an unskilled/unexperienced Sin).Sin has too many Tools for Control & mixed with the RNG-Evade (as PsyFu said) it's just overkill.They can easily maintain Stealth and just throw out chunks of DMG in a matter of seconds .... (also,the CC during Stealth,gives them enough time to lend a Burst combo).

Ok your smart. What CC am I using in stealth. Please explain.

I just woke up so foggy, but I can't recall a single CC move that can be used from stealth except landmine which needs planted and detonated properly.

Web is not from stealth, all we can do from stealth is stun you, which breaks stealth and seriously hinders our dps.

Infact the only reason we stun out of stealth and drop poisons etc. Is because we CAN NOT beat the class we are fighting heads up and have to kite them.

Do we cry for nerfs? NO WE INNOVATE. Get good noobs.

As far as I know I have no REAL CC at all, aside from 2-3 second stuns. I just have a basic combo that CAN BE escaped like anyone elses if you don't waste all your defensive moves everytime you get touched.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Rane said:

Ok your smart. What CC am I using in stealth. Please explain.

I just woke up so foggy, but I can't recall a single CC move that can be used from stealth except landmine which needs planted and detonated properly.

Web is not from stealth, all we can do from stealth is stun you, which breaks stealth and seriously hinders our dps.

Infact the only reason we stun out of stealth and drop poisons etc. Is because we CAN NOT beat the class we are fighting heads up and have to kite them.

Do we cry for nerfs? NO WE INNOVATE. Get good noobs.

As far as I know I have no REAL CC at all, aside from 2-3 second stuns. I just have a basic combo that CAN BE escaped like anyone elses if you don't waste all your defensive moves everytime you get touched.

Spinal tap with 3 pts in it will cc and not break stealth iirc but it's not needed for the 100-0 combo

Heh, came across the PVP dailies a couple of days ago. If you can't tell by the name, I'm a sin.

- KFM: Easy win. I don't think he was actually playing though :\

- Summoner: Interesting fight. Once I found the player, easy fight. He had a good idea though of making himself and his pet look the same.

- BM: Spin2Win.. lame. Finally just used throwing daggers and kiting, until he ran into my landmine. Then I got the initiative and won.

- Destroyer: WTFISTHIS? Grab, throw down, juggle, grab, throw down, juggle.. I got out of it once and tried to take initiative, but he knocked me out of stealth and repeated.

Ok, now, granted, I am by no means a good player (yet), and I have a sneaking suspicion that everyone (except the destroyer) were also new players. Regardless, know your class and the sin class (make one!), then you can realize how to fight them.

13 minutes ago, uWot said:

That's the case in like 5% of the Matches against Sins (and mostly likely,due to an unskilled/unexperienced Sin).Sin has too many Tools for Control & mixed with the RNG-Evade (as PsyFu said) it's just overkill.They can easily maintain Stealth and just throw out chunks of DMG in a matter of seconds .... (also,the CC during Stealth,gives them enough time to lend a Burst combo).

LOL @ chunks of dmg.   If u button mash blow ur trinket.... 

9 minutes ago, Fade said:

Spinal tap with 3 pts in it will cc and not break stealth iirc but it's not needed for the 100-0 combo

Where are you taking points from to build 3 points in to spinal tap.(Out of curiosity.)

And whats the point of spinal tapping and trying to stay stealthed, wont you run out of Chi.

(Just curious I'm also trying to improve)

It seems to me if you spec that far in to spinal tap, you would lose heart stab, or one of your more important counter/movement skills.

Perhaps this is viable in mirror matches or other matches where espace and flower don't need many points>?\

Also why doesn't the skill read that it wont break stealth like RMB?

6 minutes ago, Rane said:

Where are you taking points from to build 3 points in to spinal tap.(Out of curiosity.)

And whats the point of spinal tapping and trying to stay stealthed, wont you run out of Chi.

It seems to me if you spec that far in to spinal tap, you would lose heart stab, or one of your more important counter/movement skills.

Perhaps this is viable in mirror matches or other matches where espace and flower don't need many points>?\

Also why doesn't the skill read that it wont break stealth like RMB?

I'm at work in my phone so that's why I said iirc.  And I dont spec that far down that's why I said u don't need it for the 100-0 combo.   

Don't kill me if I'm wrong I'm doing this from memory.   I think when u take the 3rd pt it removes the line at the bottom that says returns u to decoy stance

Just now, Rane said:

Perhaps this is viable in mirror matches or other matches where espace and flower don't need many points>?

https://bnstree.com/AS?build=450000000031120310034102311010230193100831111230123200623016220092221421

I did notice it says that it keeps you in stealth stance, but I overlooked it until currently. (mainly because I don't have extra points, TBH I really don't even like dropping 2 points in to spinal tap because it takes off a lot of my utility.)

Just was curious why it doesn't read out like the other skill. =D

I'm assuming its not possible to chain spinal tap/heartstab/rb-f ? If so, and people are doing that I would fully agree that is OP as I don't think ANY of those moves even have a real cooldown.

im playing sin, sometimes i feel really op, but then again, in next fight i loose horribly to a skilled player. every class is OP in skilled players hands. except destroyer. i dont know how, but when i blow out my TAB and flower, there is not much i can do. they just grab me and i cant use any skill til im dead.

its funny how many butthurted sins there are. This thread already have 3 pages, all sins here are pro and fighting against noobs, yet i havent seen even one point how sins are hard to play and control. All generic answers. 

ALso its worth to mention that guy, who said sin have no CC. I mean as KFM im always stunned just becuz i want it that way right? Its not your endless w/o cd stuns and dazes?

Anyway this thread is like every other ones. Sins shouting how hard is to play a class ment for disabled people and refuse to see anything thats against their beliefs.  

48 minutes ago, Naab said:

Please enlighten me, which ones are the mysterious stuns and dazes with no cooldown......  :)

I would also like to know. I have 2 knock downs 18/30s reset, A couple of stuns on at least a 9 sec reset(45 for the Tab)....I've gotten caught without any CC before and just get rekt...

1 hour ago, MantaZ said:

its funny how many butthurted sins there are. This thread already have 3 pages, all sins here are pro and fighting against noobs, yet i havent seen even one point how sins are hard to play and control. All generic answers. 

ALso its worth to mention that guy, who said sin have no CC. I mean as KFM im always stunned just becuz i want it that way right? Its not your endless w/o cd stuns and dazes?

Anyway this thread is like every other ones. Sins shouting how hard is to play a class ment for disabled people and refuse to see anything thats against their beliefs.  

Well it's both ways. Sins defending and you complaining and neither listening.

the core abilities for Sin take time to set up and a well placed resist/break can destroy the tempo. The stuns are either Stealth breaking or have long Cool downs, and the majority of the damage requires stealth.

You can see a stealthed sins image, just don't let them backstab you, use an AoE to break stealth. Until level 38 there's only a handful of ways they can stealth, some rely on you just attacking them to proc it(Decoy, Q, SS can as well) and timing by the Sin to execute it. Most of the moves put them directly behind you and a quick Counter will face you towards them and should punish their Spinal Tap(They could in turn Guard Break but I think that breaks Stealth).

There's not a lot of viable life steals for Sin, 1 requires stun(But at that point KU, Volley, Web, Moth, Mine is a better option), 1 from Poison Breath but it's more effective to have moths, and 1 from smoke bomb(Which isn't useful against KFM anyways). So they can't recover as easily from damage taken as other classes can. Mistakes are costly in both HP and CDs.

Haven't played KFM but I'm probably going to make one to try out. See what I can learn about them.

3 hours ago, MantaZ said:

I believe he said no stun in stealth not no stun at all.  And I opened my statement with I'm still learning,  even posted my rating which isn't high.  But I understand it's a forum,  accuracy isn't paramount.   

Hmm how hard..... Well that long combo is well over 25 different buttons that requires some well timed presses.  U have to keep track of the opponents used abilities I  ur head so u know when to combo or when u won't get knocked out of Stealth. 

There's no 1 easy win, does a spin, parry, dmg and can't be stopped, button. 

I just wonder how BD counters sin? Iam not high ranking iam playing around 1760. The sins i met before that rating were kinda doable but now. They are really going *cricket* you mode. They poke me out of stealth, slow me. Yes i can try to spin but if i spin to much focus will run out. They dot me slow me and run to the other side of the arena. They dont even try to kill me just do enough dmg to win trough score. How to counter this?

13 hours ago, raiden33 said:

LOL first off I DO have a sin toon, i made it on the headstart (also had one in the beta), though i only got it to 17, i switched to KFM when my friends started to play on launch day, cause i like the style of both classes, i just want to main KFM first then focus on my toons after i hit max.

second, im not as stupid as you seem to think i am, though i question you severly. ive already looked into my skills on this class at all levels and studied the skill trees and good vs bad combinations for pvp (not so much for pve though). Im pretty sure i have full right to complain about my class especially when they removed 3 core skills on launch.

third, I DO lifesteal 20% of my hp back when i grapple people on the ground. ive been doing it since lvl 20, i set up my skills right and have the right gemstones for lifesteal + dmg/crit that i almost think its broken when built like i do. at the same time though there are ways around my lifesteal, and im fine with that like i  said i dont mind too much that sin's have these escapes for that reason, ITS THE STEALTH THAT I WAS B!TCHING ABOUT YOU STUPID KID.

Last, pressure point 3rf (actually its called awakened searing palm get it right kid) is indeed a high hit dmg skill and also is a knockdown skill that penetrates defense. its not a game changing skill against sin, it still isnt gonna break them out of stealth.

You have to actually use skills and abilities to have experience with it. I think you understand that as well. A level 17 sin is not valid when you are talking about balance.

Lets start breaking down your extremely intellectual reply.

Your second point is null and void. You can study the tree all you want, you need EXPERIENCE in pvp before you can talk about how to balance it. The skill patch we have now is the korean skill patch, they did not remove your core abilities, I believe you misunderstand what your core is.

Third point is the same. Your 20% lifesteal is there, I know, but it is NOT your core skill. Your CORE is NOT being on the ground pummeling for a tiny bit of damage. Why are you bringing up gems and all that in this discussion? You are talking about arena pvp. Do you actually not know that these things have NO effect in arena pvp? Caps and calling me a kid makes you even more laughable.

Last point, 3rf is not the same as spamming awakened searing palm. Get your facts straight. Your main damage is 3RF skip when you have someone stunned. If you do not know what 3rf is, you have even less right to be whining on the forums. You are complaining about stealth, but you seem to misunderstand how to deal with it entirely. If it was THAT easy to break the stealth, sin would be useless. Timing is everything. You do not have a "get sin out of stealth button" and you should not have that either.

Your reply is extremely immature. Look at yourself if you call others "kids".

I have level 20 assassin and I have beaten 40+ LBDs, KFMs, BMs, FMs and even some assassins.

Assassin is really OP when you play your cards at the right moment.

Only summoner can beat me, cause I have no idea who to kill, *cricket* or midget.

Only sad thing in arena is that I, as a level 20 character, out of 10 matches got 8 matches with levels 38+ today. Only 2 of them were 30+.

Don't know if I should cry for some lil bit of level equalization or not.

Archived