assassins bit too op?

raiden33

like they arnt as balanced as ncsoft are giving them credit for, they counter so many classes VERY hard. im a KFM and most assassins i go up against i cant even touch unless they dont know what they are doing. thier skill sets aside, they should NOT get invulnerability while they are stealthed, like its hard enough to even see where they vanished too but for me not to lay down a punch or counter some of thier hits while they are stealthed seems very broken. and like the very few times i do catch one off and start to get into my combo they have 2-3 different escapes from being on the ground and 2-3 more escapes while being grappled. every other class ive fought has some sort of weakness that i can counter or overcome (forcemasters i just need to break out of ice and gap close them, summoners i can unconscious the kitten then focus on the summoner themselves, ect ect) but there is no way to overcome the assassin. i dont know how well other classes stand up to them cause i havent used much other than my main so far but the only classes i can see standing a chance to them is forcemaster or summoner.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kutsuu said:

Someone already made this thread, can we get them merged? 

that shouldnt be merged with this thread its complete opposite of my arguement, the OP is saying his class assassin should be buffed, while other classes nerfed, he obvously doenst know how to play his class and doesnt know how to be OP with assassin. 

7 minutes ago, raiden33 said:

that shouldnt be merged with this thread its complete opposite of my arguement, the OP is saying his class assassin should be buffed, while other classes nerfed, he obvously doenst know how to play his class and doesnt know how to be OP with assassin. 

That thread is an exercise in satire... just like this one. Or at least I thought this one was satire. You were serious? 

15 minutes ago, urafkin*cricket* said:

As a summoner I stand literally no chance against a good Assassin since I can't really punish them for being invis for 80% of the fight.

The flower-skill (dont remember name) is pretty good against assasins. Breaks invisibility and protects against ranged attacks.

Assassins are fine, you are just a bit too noob. Your aim should be to understand your class properly and enemy class and find ways to play aganist them , instead of complaining on forums. Ive seen kung fu masters that stunlock me (blademaster) for %40 of my health.  TBH i havent really faced any class thats "op". I have seen some perform-good-by-playing-like-noob classes but no OP ones.

I do find it hard to break assassins stealth but other then that stealth is all they really got i do think attacking should break stealth (cant remem if it does) Jus dont let em counter u and itll be eaisier.

This is coming from a FM btw

2 hours ago, raiden33 said:

like they arnt as balanced as ncsoft are giving them credit for, they counter so many classes VERY hard. im a KFM and most assassins i go up against i cant even touch unless they dont know what they are doing. thier skill sets aside, they should NOT get invulnerability while they are stealthed, like its hard enough to even see where they vanished too but for me not to lay down a punch or counter some of thier hits while they are stealthed seems very broken. and like the very few times i do catch one off and start to get into my combo they have 2-3 different escapes from being on the ground and 2-3 more escapes while being grappled. every other class ive fought has some sort of weakness that i can counter or overcome (forcemasters i just need to break out of ice and gap close them, summoners i can unconscious the kitten then focus on the summoner themselves, ect ect) but there is no way to overcome the assassin. i dont know how well other classes stand up to them cause i havent used much other than my main so far but the only classes i can see standing a chance to them is forcemaster or summoner.

Assassins have a base 50% evade in stealth and some spec for 1.5 seconds of immunity. Honestly KFM is one of my harder fights if I dont play perfectly. Especially since a few of their stuns bypass decoy so I get stunlocked like an idiot. What level is your KFM?

Also remember that if they TAB escape you can iframe the flashbang, using SS usually is the easiest way.

If they stealth kite for a few seconds and then freeze yourself the stealth only lasts 6 seconds.

7 hours ago, Navhkrin said:

Assassins are fine, you are just a bit too noob. Your aim should be to understand your class properly and enemy class and find ways to play aganist them , instead of complaining on forums. Ive seen kung fu masters that stunlock me (blademaster) for %40 of my health.  TBH i havent really faced any class thats "op". I have seen some perform-good-by-playing-like-noob classes but no OP ones.

i do understand my class, and i DO try and find way around beating other classes or did you just skim read my opening post in here like a idiot? and honestly i wreck most blade masters unless they know how to stunlock me back then its kinda a even trade and those fights just all depends on predicting your enemy. 

7 hours ago, Nachtdrache said:

Assassins have a base 50% evade in stealth and some spec for 1.5 seconds of immunity. Honestly KFM is one of my harder fights if I dont play perfectly. Especially since a few of their stuns bypass decoy so I get stunlocked like an idiot. What level is your KFM?

Also remember that if they TAB escape you can iframe the flashbang, using SS usually is the easiest way.

If they stealth kite for a few seconds and then freeze yourself the stealth only lasts 6 seconds.

its lvl 38. ya i know im missing like 3 or so skills but they arnt really game changing skills against assassins. like i said im literately not able to touch assassins, ill get half a combo in if im lucky and they break it before i can finish the combo, and then im not able to chase them down cause im either flashed or they are stealthed. and i dono how you can iframe the flash with backstep when usually my character is in the midst of trying to grapple. like the core of my gameplay is to get the other player on the ground so i can lifesteal 20% of my hp back with pummel, the rest of the combos are just to widdle down the oponents hp, cant do that when they have 3 different escapes from ground play, which i would be fine with if it wasnt impossible to chase them after they escape

on a side note it also doesnt help that the devs removed 3 core skills from KFM. they got nerfed for no apparent reason. 

Nah i have had some KFM fk me up and i play sin its just knowing when to use ur skills and u can kick a sin out of stealth a smart one wouldnt get near and let u do ur cone kick and than go in. Sin vs KFM is well balanced some have jsut resisted every skill i used or counted and do there aniamtion cancelling

TBH sin vs kfm seems like a fair matchup, perhaps it favors the sin a little bit since they do have a lot of escapes, but overall how a sin wins games is by keeping momentum. If you break that chain just one time, or are quick at pouncing on a mistake, you can turn the game around on him very quickly and, in my experience, it's a struggle to come back from behind as sin since you use many of your cooldowns to keep the chain going (should that be the case? feel free to call me out and give me tips on that if you're a better sin than me). Same case with sin vs most classes currently. Soft counters do exist, but the matchup isn't unwinnable for kfm by any means.

If you actually played assassin I think you would see things differently. The way I see it, if an assassin plays well and really shuts you down, it looks very overwhelming. On the other hand, if an assassin gets caught it goes downhill incredibly quick. As mentioned above, you can knock them out of stealth. You are also talking shit when you say that there are 2-3 escapes and 2-3 more escapes etc. Some match ups are based on mind games. KFM vs sin is one of those. Flower and tab are the only things breaking stun. Save your big combo for when those are on cd and you have a fair chance of killing in one combo.

You also say that you are not missing out of any important skills not being 45. Get the hell out of here. You are not even 45 and you are already complaining about X class. I am also not sure if you are trolling right now. " like the core of my gameplay is to get the other player on the ground so i can lifesteal 20% of my hp back with pummel " Where did you learn this? " the rest of the combos are just to widdle down the oponents hp " Your main damage source is pressure point 3rf. You seem to be completely clueless.

This is a classic example of "what I personally can't find a way to deal with is OP".

2 hours ago, Skilfing said:

If you actually played assassin I think you would see things differently. The way I see it, if an assassin plays well and really shuts you down, it looks very overwhelming. On the other hand, if an assassin gets caught it goes downhill incredibly quick. As mentioned above, you can knock them out of stealth. You are also talking shit when you say that there are 2-3 escapes and 2-3 more escapes etc. Some match ups are based on mind games. KFM vs sin is one of those. Flower and tab are the only things breaking stun. Save your big combo for when those are on cd and you have a fair chance of killing in one combo.

You also say that you are not missing out of any important skills not being 45. Get the hell out of here. You are not even 45 and you are already complaining about X class. I am also not sure if you are trolling right now. " like the core of my gameplay is to get the other player on the ground so i can lifesteal 20% of my hp back with pummel " Where did you learn this? " the rest of the combos are just to widdle down the oponents hp " Your main damage source is pressure point 3rf. You seem to be completely clueless.

This is a classic example of "what I personally can't find a way to deal with is OP".

LOL first off I DO have a sin toon, i made it on the headstart (also had one in the beta), though i only got it to 17, i switched to KFM when my friends started to play on launch day, cause i like the style of both classes, i just want to main KFM first then focus on my toons after i hit max.

second, im not as stupid as you seem to think i am, though i question you severly. ive already looked into my skills on this class at all levels and studied the skill trees and good vs bad combinations for pvp (not so much for pve though). Im pretty sure i have full right to complain about my class especially when they removed 3 core skills on launch.

third, I DO lifesteal 20% of my hp back when i grapple people on the ground. ive been doing it since lvl 20, i set up my skills right and have the right gemstones for lifesteal + dmg/crit that i almost think its broken when built like i do. at the same time though there are ways around my lifesteal, and im fine with that like i  said i dont mind too much that sin's have these escapes for that reason, ITS THE STEALTH THAT I WAS B!TCHING ABOUT YOU STUPID KID.

Last, pressure point 3rf (actually its called awakened searing palm get it right kid) is indeed a high hit dmg skill and also is a knockdown skill that penetrates defense. its not a game changing skill against sin, it still isnt gonna break them out of stealth.

KFM vs Sin is definitely in Sin's favour imo because Sin can stun through Counter or easily get around it (Shuriken, etc), has more escapes, and KFM can't Q/E an invisible target.

Is it unwinnable? Definitely not. Is it a lopsided matchup? IMO quite so, but it's only been a week, I don't know enough yet.

3 minutes ago, Forcekin said:

KFM vs Sin is definitely in Sin's favour imo because Sin can stun through Counter or easily get around it (Shuriken, etc), has more escapes, and KFM can't Q/E an invisible target.

Is it unwinnable? Definitely not. Is it a lopsided matchup? IMO quite so, but it's only been a week, I don't know enough yet.

thank you someone who actually knows what im getting at here.

i never said they were impossible to kill but they seem to think i said that, i did say in a round about way that they are lobsided matchup. and was wondering if any other classes had as hard of a time as i do against them.

if you are lvl 38 you are 12 skills points behind the hongmoon update.
this is a typical git gud. 

you cry, because of getting rekt by enemies better than you or get better swings in a single match. Get to 45, play 2k+ matches then you can start arguing about the meta.

Edit: You have to prepare a separate build for each match-ups generally to counter the favoured enemy. I agree that it is not cool for BNS to want lots of money to buy extra build slots. It is hard to change on the go unless you got the grip 

Games are balanced around their metas and you are not in this one's.

5 minutes ago, Cora said:

if you are lvl 38 you are 12 skills points behind the hongmoon update.
this is a typical git gud. 

you cry, because of getting rekt by enemies better than you or get better swings in a single match. Get to 45, play 2k+ matches then you can start arguing about the meta.

Games are balanced around their metas and you are not in this one's.

have you played 2k+ meta's? no? didnt think so. ya some of the assassins i fought were at 45, some wernt and they all still had the class advantage over mine with the way the stealth system is set up. stealth should be just as it says, STEALTH not invulnerability. so dont go bringing in meta's when the game hasnt even been out for 2 weeks yet.

Ive seen a lot of this post but havent really tried ranting like a noobs... so...

Guys, can u please let me rant like a noobs here?... just this time please?

okay here we go...

Blade Dancers - This loli spin to win class is too OP! Rekt them! Make them lose HP whenever they spin! Also please make them big! I dont wanna get jailed by hitting kids! Let me win against them! They are so damn cute ♥_♥ ugghhhh!!!!

Destroyers - This giant wielding john cena class is too OP! Look! Just FQNG look at those bangoolas and jangoolas! They are pure KEBAB! How can u expect to survive when ur hit by those muscles (pronounce as Musk - kels) ?! Its just UGHHHH THE GRAB!!! How can u let this! I wanna grab em too and hit them with my... where the hell is my weapon anyway? uuhhhhg dont spin!!!

Blade master - The FQ!? How can they block block block block all the time?! How can u expect me to land a hit when they have unlimited block?! (Aerial combo) oh my FQNG how did that happen?! how did they do that?! Uggghhhhh!!! I hate this class REKT IT NOW!!! REKT IT!!! Change their swords to chicken KEBAB!!!

Force Master - How the FQ can this class cast a lot of skills in 1 second?! If theres even a humane way to press buttons that fast?! Dont Freeze me u coward pew pew pew!!! Rekt this class! Make them stay in one place whenever they cast skills! Ugh!!!  Make their skills cost 100 Gold per cast!!!

Summoner - Omg its 2 vs 1 from the start! his pet health went from 10% to 100%!? How the hell did that happen?! Hey u monstrous kid! STAY PUT! SHUUUU DONT TOUCH ME!! DONT COME NEAR ME!! I HATE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!  I HATE CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL THEM! KILL THEM! MAKE THEM CAT SOUP! OR CAT BUN!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assassins - This... This... This... ... ... where the hell is??? UGGGHHHH How can i lose 99% of my HP without even seeing my enemy!??!!! Ughhh REKT THIS CLASS!!! Make their Hide Cost 1 million gold and make them lose 99.9% of their HP whenever they go Hide!!! UGGGHHH!!!

Kung Fu Master - gulp... i cant really really rant about this class...

^__^ Thank u...

that felt great...

1 hour ago, raiden33 said:

have you played 2k+ meta's? no? didnt think so. ya some of the assassins i fought were at 45, some wernt and they all still had the class advantage over mine with the way the stealth system is set up. stealth should be just as it says, STEALTH not invulnerability. so dont go bringing in meta's when the game hasnt even been out for 2 weeks yet.

game is out for 3+ years and lots of people on arena are experienced players from the korean server... you clearly have no idea about the game's state as it stands right now and you don't appear to respond to reason.

hope you keep playing and git gud one day.

11 minutes ago, Shadowjonny said:

Man KFM vs Sin is balanced go talk to Diamond and plat KFM if they can get to those rank y cant you?

Of course they can get plat rank. Any class in lvl45 patch can get to plat. Its just that sin can get there w/o any efforts. All he needs is just to read skill descriptions. If u as a sin fail to hit plat, with any other class i doubt you could even reach silver.

Anyway, problem with KFM is that they have that counter skill which cannot counter like 50% of any class attacks. KFM players relies on that counter too much and when some sin from 10m with dagger hits through it and stuns you, yeah it makes people mad. Assassin always have an advantage, and if everything fails he can just go in a few seconds to other side of arena and wait for already quite short cooldowns.

Assassin is like a summoner. This class requires no skill to play really good, no need to watch cooldowns, every skill stuns opponent. ITs for those PvE people who just cant PvP with real skill based class. Its just class itself carries them over. 

Wow this mantaz guy is even more retarded than OP. 

Going plat without skill/effort? Are you for fcking real???? 

Everyone who knows the meta and has just a tiny bit knowledge about the game knows that the most noobfreindly classes are destroyers, summoners and Blade Dancer. 

You'll reach Plat so much faster with those classes as you would do with sin becaue sin takes a whole fcking lot of skill to being played good. 

Make a sin yourself and show me how you reach plat - pls just do it. 

Damn i'm usually calm af but this guy is so retarded it's unbearable. 

Archived