Forums

Player Moderators.

Despondency

26 minutes ago, Forien said:

Entire idea of PlayerMod is to help NCSoft deal with problems while spending no more money. Because if they could hire more people to just deal with goldspam they would. 

Just as pointed earlier:

• Ask adult players to apply
  • Application needs real credentials and some ID verification
  • Only people without negative history and people with many hours spent ingame would be chosen
  • At first they would be at trial with no actual rights, only report priority (their reports would go ahead of normal reports on report queue)
  • After trial they would get mute right (at first limited to few hours/one day)
  • Each mute should be followed by a comment and would be logged
  • Logs would be checked by NCSoft employee either to provide further punishment or punish abusive PlayerMod
  • Abusive PlayerMod would get warning, get kicked out of program or get a permanent ban for a game - depending on how grievious his sins are
  • PlayerMods would sign ToS and NDA with their real credentials and have them linked to their account. This makes them more trustworthy, as much less people wants to do bad when they real name is involved and their actual account can suffer
  • PlayerMods all powers should be only the ones that doesn't affect gameplay. So far we (players supporting an idea) think that they should have report priority and option to mute players in /f, /z and similar global chats (wouldn't affect /s /p /g /w etc)
  • Every mute made by PlayerMod would be linked to his account with comment for each mute. If he is found abusive, all his mutes could be easily reverted
  • As an outfit geek, I would really love if PlayerMods after some time - and if they aren't abusive - could get some exclusive outfit and/or a title. 

Still, all of this is only my suggestions and kinda summary of topic. It's anyway only discussion and NCSoft probably won't care :D

Yes this would work. Maybe add that mute players get msg to Notifications with reason why they were muted(ofc robot msg). Bots will not respond(easy to check) and normal players can see why they were muted. Point is for players see reason why they were muted.

Important is to have system where its easy to check and solve any problems.

Didnt check/see, but posts deleted/edited by mods/CMs have visible mark/msg with "Edited for flaming." or "Deleted for flaming."?

I found out that forums with system where you can see why posts were edited/deleted with mod/CM name dont have problems with community or abuse of power from player mods.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Forien said:

Entire idea of PlayerMod is to help NCSoft deal with problems while spending no more money. Because if they could hire more people to just deal with goldspam they would. 

Just as pointed earlier:

• Only people without negative history and people with many hours spent ingame would be chosen
  • At first they would be at trial with no actual rights, only report priority (their reports would go ahead of normal reports on report queue)
  • Logs would be checked by NCSoft employee either to provide further punishment or punish abusive PlayerMod
  • Abusive PlayerMod would get warning, get kicked out of program or get a permanent ban for a game - depending on how grievious his sins are
  • PlayerMods would sign ToS and NDA with their real credentials and have them linked to their account. This makes them more trustworthy, as much less people wants to do bad when they real name is involved and their actual account can suffer
  • PlayerMods all powers should be only the ones that doesn't affect gameplay. So far we (players supporting an idea) think that they should have report priority and option to mute players in /f, /z and similar global chats (wouldn't affect /s /p /g /w etc)
  • Every mute made by PlayerMod would be linked to his account with comment for each mute. If he is found abusive, all his mutes could be easily reverted
  • As an outfit geek, I would really love if PlayerMods after some time - and if they aren't abusive - could get some exclusive outfit and/or a title. 

Still, all of this is only my suggestions and kinda summary of topic. It's anyway only discussion and NCSoft probably won't care :D

This list is perfection. To get the title and outfit to show you are helping the community would also be a nice gesture for helping the community. Totally agree with other points made. 

1 hour ago, Forien said:

Just as pointed earlier:

Pretty much this thread summed up in one, if you don't mind I'll quote your post in the first post.

3 minutes ago, Hoopla said:

Lol nty. People would abuse the shit out of their mod powers. Players should never be given GM powers.

I think this also but if all they can do is mute them in public chats for a day or so it maybe alright.  At this point it may be a lesser evil it's getting to where I can't even start a game day without having to clear out my old block list and start a new one.

Suggestion for the mute system as-well: The person who is muted doesn't know their muted until they look at their character information. That way they bots will still be the same ones spamming on the same accounts and no one will be able to hear them :D

5 minutes ago, Hoopla said:

Lol nty. People would abuse the shit out of their mod powers. Players should never be given GM powers.

Just for clarification, they wouldn't receive ban or spawn items, or anything like that. Just be able to mute. With their mute it automatically lets NCSoft know so they can either ban the spamming account, or something. That's all.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Absolutely not. IF this idea would go through the mods should get seperate anonymous accounts and not use their real ones. This would make sure no one personally attacks them. Since this would be volunteer work they will need to set asside some time to moderate the game and not play on their characters.

I could handle this. This is one of the problems with any online game. People using chat for flame wars or some kids thinking it's cool to cuss and show the rest of the world that they can talk big talk!!! I would love to be able to mute them. You never know if younger kids are playing. Sure there is the Profanity filter, but kids are smart enough to guess what the word is. It's just stuff that is not needed within the game.

Personally, cuss words don't phase me... I'm a former Marine, and have probably made up more dirty words that I care to count. But there is a time & place for it. And in game is not it.

4 minutes ago, Kitah said:

Suggestion for the mute system as-well: The person who is muted doesn't know their muted until they look at their character information. That way they bots will still be the same ones spamming on the same accounts and no one will be able to hear them :D

Ooh I like it. Their message will go through for them, but only they can see it. That's a good idea.

1 minute ago, Catgravy said:

I could handle this. This is one of the problems with any online game. People using chat for flame wars or some kids thinking it's cool to cuss and show the rest of the world that they can talk big talk!!! I would love to be able to mute them. You never know if younger kids are playing. Sure there is the Profanity filter, but kids are smart enough to guess what the word is. It's just stuff that is not needed within the game.

Personally, cuss words don't phase me... I'm a former Marine, and have probably made up more dirty words that I care to count. But there is a time & place for it. And in game is not it.

And there's where the issue starts. in no way should they be able to do normal blocking. This should be a gold seller block only it's cut and dry.

I totally get where you're coming from with this post, however YES i can back fire if people get "power hungry" and just start randomly  doing "as they please" NOW, if you mean they can just silence people, sure. But, anything more then that would be insane. (Seen it happen on a few games) so, they'd have to be properly screened (in my opinion) 

Just now, Kitzu said:

I totally get where you're coming from with this post, however YES i can back fire if people get "power hungry" and just start randomly  doing "as they please" NOW, if you mean they can just silence people, sure. But, anything more then that would be insane. (Seen it happen on a few games) so, they'd have to be properly screened (in my opinion) 

They'd just be acting as silencers, nothing more and once that job is done NCsoft can find something else for them to do. Those who have never abused could be offered a promotion of sorts. I am happy with it just staying at muting and report priority. 

3 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

And there's where the issue starts. in no way should they be able to do normal blocking. This should be a gold seller block only it's cut and dry.

I don't know how old you are, or whether you have any kids. I know when my girls were growing up, we played EQ1 together. Fortunately, I have found EQ having a more mature player base. Anyway, would you want your kids seeing all of this Keyboard Commando abuse? It doesn't belong in the game. They can Whisper to each other and bash each other that way.

6 minutes ago, Mekusa said:

Guys like Catgravy is the reason why this would never work. "You triggered me?" Insta mute.

1 minute ago, Hoopla said:

Guys like Catgravy is the reason why this would never work. "You triggered me?" Insta mute.

Which is why it would be monitored by someone at HQ. You have to put a reason when you mute them and it gets validated after they've been muted. If abused bye bye to the blocker.

@CatGravy. From my understanding this game is 16+ (I've seen 18+ thrown around someplaces as-well...) so children shouldn't be playing either way.

3 minutes ago, Catgravy said:

I don't know how old you are, or whether you have any kids. I know when my girls were growing up, we played EQ1 together. Fortunately, I have found EQ having a more mature player base. Anyway, would you want your kids seeing all of this Keyboard Commando abuse? It doesn't belong in the game. They can Whisper to each other and bash each other that way.

Your child shouldn't be on an M rated game if you don't want them seeing profanity, however that doesn't excuse its use. I'm sure your children have heard worse, the music that is being released is questionable at most these days.

Just now, Catgravy said:

I'm 39, and have been in MMO's for years so yes I know how bad things can get. I just think that's a job for the real mods not the player base. It's easy to tell what is gold spam and what is not that's ok for players to handle the line where someone is going to far in other things is not so clear. I just think for player mods it should be gold seller only.

Just remembered tho. In Warframe, there are Guides of the Lotus,who help players out,but also have chat moderation privileges. They can mute you from the channel,and you're muted until you relog. Thing about the mute is,you see your own text,but you don't see anyone else writing in chat.

Also the game itself has a system in which it silences you automatically if you write the same thing 3-4 times in a row. (Which could also work great here)

And,about what Catgravy said. Yes,there will always be kids,and immature people.
But that is exactly who the blocklist is intended for. If your blocklist is full because of the goldsellers,you can't blockk someone who is cussing and/or writing something you don't want to see,or don't want your children to see.
So yea, PlayerMods should be limited to spammers,at least in a long start.

Just now, Mekusa said:

I'm 39, and have been in MMO's for years so yes I know how bad things can get. I just think that's a job for the real mods not the player base. It's easy to tell what is gold spam and what is not that's ok for players to handle the line where someone is going to far in other things is not so clear. I just think for player mods it should be gold seller only.

I wouldn't have a problem with this either. When you can't even read chat from real players, it is really bad. I eventually just turned off all of my chats. I have Party chat and whisper only. Sad.

1 minute ago, Catgravy said:

I wouldn't have a problem with this either. When you can't even read chat from real players, it is really bad. I eventually just turned off all of my chats. I have Party chat and whisper only. Sad.

Yea it is. and they fly by so fast it gets hard to block them lol.

Just now, Catgravy said:

And then your block list gets full.

Yea had to clear mine out a few times. I feel sorry for the devs you can tell they had no idea this would happen. The video of them I watched where they talked about it they looked like deer in headlights lol

Archived