EU Servers Location -game is unplayable-

Sawa

Hello fellow crickets!

I cant seem to be able to play this game at all due to very high latency, so here is what happens:

when i log in, I immediately see other characters freezing for a couple minutes then hop around for a sec, then freeze again, and when i click the left mouse button it takes like 2 minutes for my character to respond with a slash,

i though hey this is obviously my crappy internet connection, so i went out and tried everything possible, called my ISP, changed routers, used WTF, everything but the problem still persists,

something that caught my attention while fooling around with all this at the resources monitor is all the ips that the client connects to are located in Austin USA, and one of them in particular that have HUGE latency, iam pretty sure thats where my problem at, but it is beyond my power to fix.

please take alook at this:

m95a9j.png

all those IPs are located in Austin USA.

so my question is, should i give up on the game? or can i have an NC employee respond to this, iam also pretty sure this problem happens to many others, if so please speak out.

Thank you !

• NCSOFT

Hello,

Our Europeans Servers are indeed located in Frankfurt, Germany as Lock6 said. You may see that some of our IPs addresses are registered in Austin, Texas but physically no Blade & Soul game server is located there (North American Servers are located in Dallas). However NCSOFT has an office in Austin, TX and some of the IPs we use are registered there. 

The location data you may find about an IP address online might not always be accurate (and that's the case for our IPs). This has been causing lot of confusion among our European players sadly :(

Below is the latency I am currently having from our NCSOFT Europe Brighton office to one of our servers in Frankfurt:

qo1HjuR.png

So Europeans Servers are indeed physically located in Europe. We use the same Datacenter for all of our games such as WildStar or Guild Wars 2. If you find yourself having an abnormally high latency when connecting to our servers, I would advise you to contact the Blade & Soul support team so they can try and assist you. Thanks again.

Thank you very much Youmukon for your post, Much appreciated!!

Now it is actually good news for me since it still can be something within my powers to fix, will try the support team and will keep on trying to figure this out.

I am living like 200km from Frankfurt aswell and in the evening (lets say after 20:00) it starts lagging like hell.
So probably the servers are overpopulated at prime time? I don't think its my hardware, otherwise it should lagging at other hours, too?

In the windows resource monitor my ping (on port 10100 which I guess is the game server) goes up aswell, but only to ~150ms, which I don't think would explain my extreme skill delay?

@Lock6 why should ALL those IPs be login servers, the resource monitor shows all open tcp connections for client.exe, so if all those IPs would be login servers, where is the connection to the game server?

On 26/1/2016 at 1:03 PM, Youmukon said:

Hello,

Our Europeans Servers are indeed located in Frankfurt, Germany as Lock6 said. You may see that some of our IPs addresses are registered in Austin, Texas but physically no Blade & Soul game server is located there (North American Servers are located in Dallas). However NCSOFT has an office in Austin, TX and some of the IPs we use are registered there. 

The location data you may find about an IP address online might not always be accurate (and that's the case for our IPs). This has been causing lot of confusion among our European players sadly :(

Below is the latency I am currently having from our NCSOFT Europe Brighton office to one of our servers in Frankfurt:

qo1HjuR.png

So Europeans Servers are indeed physically located in Europe. We use the same Datacenter for all of our games such as WildStar or Guild Wars 2. If you find yourself having an abnormally high latency when connecting to our servers, I would advise you to contact the Blade & Soul support team so they can try and assist you. Thanks again.

then why are we having crazy latency issues in game on pair with playing on NA servers?

i feel little difference on the KR servers compared to the EU servers, which should be a MAJOR difference o.O

btw: can't ping the other ip's either the only one it allows us to reach is your login server. i assume its some anti ddos setup, or lack of authority from the system i am pinging from to the actual gamew server. so can't check the exact MS to them.

your picture also means nothing, since there is no way to know where you connected it from and we can't test it ourselfs to check how it is from our side, and for some reason you didn't want us to be able to check our ping ingame... wonder why -.-

8 hours ago, Andunye said:

If you have ping problems, the first thing you do is run a trace route. With this you can see if the problem is on your side, your ISP, the carrier or NCsoft.

Just sending a ping doesn't show any details.

tried this i get stopped at: ncsoft-ic-306349-ffm-b11.c.telia.net which is IP [62.115.43.74] can see its the same place some other people trying this gets stopped so i assume they block it there.

trying some different stuff now.

anyway in the end the whole point is that B&S is just unplayerble for enjoyable PvP with this high latency bs.

I don't think it has todo something with an "anti ddos setup". It's quite normal that not every server reachable over the internet responds to ICMP packages. Or some firewall before the server already blocks them.

And if I am not mistaken traceroute or tracert uses ICMP aswell.

9 hours ago, Keawen said:

On a different game some people in germany were having the same problem and it was isp fault  so maybe contact them and use website to check that your connection is within normal parameters.

You mean AION?

10 minutes ago, Hated said:

I don't think it has todo something with an "anti ddos setup". It's quite normal that not every server reachable over the internet responds to ICMP packages. Or some firewall before the server already blocks them.

And if I am not mistaken traceroute or tracert uses ICMP aswell.

yup icmp.

but the thing is i can get contact to wildstar which should be in the same server farm as B&S, and i run over the same border address when doing so.

also found others actually wondering and doing the exact same thing:

http://www.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/132975-eu-server-location/

getting the same result as them:

on both 206.127.149.9 and 206.127.149.30 i get stopped at ncsoft-ic-306349-ffm-b11.c.telia.net which is IP [62.115.43.74] .

with wildstars 206.127.148.171 i go through ncsoft-ic-306349-ffm-b11.c.telia.net which is IP [62.115.43.74]  without problems.

with B&S 206.127.154.15 i get stopped in frankfurt at the ip: 195.16.162.186.

for wildstar i get an average of 26ms. for all 3 ip's of B&S i have around 40ms when i am stopped. for their login server in texas i got around 150ms.

for the ingame play i would say i got 100-200ms inconsistent, since it feels like it varies a lot.

it doesn't really make sense if their EU servers supposedly should be located in EU and be at the same server farm as wildstar :/

i am not sure if they could simply re-route from the EU to the NA without it showing on our end, but that would explain why the ms ingame is so bad.

else i would love some more info from a dev on wth is going on, why and if it will get fixed.

because currently it is just pathetic to train rotations, combo's and combat due to how bad the ms and inconsistent the is.

10 minutes ago, Hated said:

You mean AION?

ahh i remember the aion problem. it was something with how aion was sending packages, making the isp registrated them as torrent, therefore prioritizing them differently which coursed major issue's.

contacting the isp only made them tell you "well that is how we handle packages by standard and you are not a big enough costumer for us to care".

only fix for me was using the "lowerping" service which fixed it and gave me steady low MS.

btw: using such program here will get you perma banned and we already have reports of the first people being perma banned for using WTFast. soo not even going to try that ;)

I playing from Germany, and for me its impossible to play without VPN.

If i turn my VPN off i get unbearable laggs like 5-10sec.

With VPN on everything is fine.

Maybe try VPN a too it could fix your problem. Alot of MMOs in the past did suffer from the same laggs for example GW2 just look at the forum there.

Aion, WoW, AoC, Wildstar had this kind of problem too they are caused by a level 3 hop thats well too crowed.

1 minute ago, Nischana said:

Maybe try VPN a too it could fix your problem. Alot of MMOs in the past did suffer from the same laggs for example GW2 just look at the forum there.

to my knowledge, using vpn's or any such service is perma banneble no questions asked or answered ;)

sooo not really something you want to ask people to do

I don't think WTFast would even help in that case.

To me it seems like a little scam anyways. In most cases when you're "near" the servers I don't think that WTFast proxys can "generate" a better route unless you are realy unlucky with your ISP.

5 minutes ago, Nischana said:

I playing from Germany, and for me its impossible to play without VPN.

If i turn my VPN off i get unbearable laggs like 5-10sec.

With VPN on everything is fine.

Hm VPN to where? In AION (Gameforge) Proxy and VPN were bannable. I didn't read the EULA here, so I don't know if its forbidden by NCSOFT either?

No VPNs are not bannable, some ppl get a false ban from the shitty gameguard software and have to unlock the account again.

And what dos it hurt to try it with a VPN ?

What ppl dont understand is WTFast can help alot , when you have a SHIT provider like "Deutsche Telecom" its your only option(with other VPNs) to play MMOs sometimes

Hated i am talking Aion on release.

AoC on release had this problem too.

Gw2 has them and they come back so often.

Wildstar had them on Ftp release.

WoW had them in Classic but the did managed to fix it somehow after alot of talk with the telecom.

Its not about the better ping its about getting another route to the Server here is the GW2 forum post to the problem i have with BnS too, and i guess some of you guys too its german so some of you wont unterstand it i guess sorry for that:

https://forum-de.guildwars2.com/forum/support/support/Hoher-Ping-Lagg-nur-in-Guild-Wars-2

6 minutes ago, Hated said:

I don't think WTFast would even help in that case.

To me it seems like a little scam anyways. In most cases when you're "near" the servers I don't think that WTFast proxys can "generate" a better route unless you are realy unlucky with your ISP.

actually it could. if it is because the packages is send in a manner which makes the isp prioritize them wrongly, moving them over the vpn, migt fix the issue.

properly not, but i seen semilar happen with aion, so it would be worth a try IF it wasn't banneble to do so :/

in aion after one of the big expansions/updates i went from 40ms steady to 80-120 unsteady with spikes up to 200. unplayerble.

after trying everything, talking to the ncsoft support for months, we figured out it was how the isp handled the packages which was sendt. talking to the isp they said as i stated "thats how it is standard and you are not a big enough costumer for us to look into it".

so i tried out LowerPing (same kind of service as WTFast) which completely fixed the issue, went back to 40ms steady when using it.

so yer, even though it is unlikely, it is not impossible ^^

but you know, bannable now because "*cricket* you costumer... AAAAAAND NO REFUNDS!! MWUHAHAHA"... so retarded :P

Archived