Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

Something they could do is find a way so that if you are spam reported XX number of times then you are blocked from chat. But keep it so that on the clients side (person spamming) still looks like there messages are going through but its blocked on the server side and never sent out to everyone else.

This way the spam bots will never know if they are chat banned or not and they would just keep spamming themselfs but the messages never making it out to everyone else. Best way to combat bots is to make them think they are not banned when they are. Cause there is no way you could program a bot to detect if its message is making out to everyone else if there is no client side local way of knowing if you are or are not.

Could be a simple system of for the first time you are chat banned for an hour then the second time its 24 hours then third time its perm. Of course there is always the chance it could be abused by people but with its intention being to stop spammers it would work really well.  It would literly force them to be making new accounts every few mins since they would have zero way of knowing if they are chat banned or not.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never been the type of person that goes around complaining about stuff. I'm perfectly aware that this game was recently released for the West and that it will take a while before all major issues can be fixed. However, why do we even have a block limit to begin with?

Bots are super annoying and having someone spamming the chat nonstop is a pest, but while we wait for a proper fix for the situation, being able manually block them is the best solution. So why not remove the block limit?

But that would be my opinion though.

Please fix this NCsoft. THey actively ban gold sellers in guild wars 2 and wildstar. In both EU servers it is CLEAN there. They need to tackle this head on if they want the game to be successful. JUST TALK TO THE PEOPLE AT Gw2 and WILDSTAR!!! YOU ALL WORK FOR THE SAME PUBLISHER!

2 hours ago, mavis said:

How NCsoft in Korea the main office deal with this xD, they solve it or they have the same problem remember this NCsoft in america is just an extension :v

In Korea you need legit Korean Social Security Number to create an account on the vast majority of online services.

Since KSSN can be easily stolen, they now also ask for valid korean phone number for confirmation.

4 minutes ago, Bacon21 said:

delete your older ones, should've been banned by now....bandaid on the situation but nonetheless.

With the stupid faceroll names they have, how can you possibly know what is older and what isn't?

As mine do not seem to show them in blocked order, more alphabetical. 

But then again, I wouldn't know for sure, since I don't look at names, I just block.

I shouldn't have to keep track of who I blocked and when.

There is no reason for there to be a limit.

Increase the block limit or removing does not affect the game at all

and would provide a much more effective bandaid until they finally find a permanent solution.

5 minutes ago, Azryn said:

With the stupid faceroll names they have, how can you possibly know what is older and what isn't?

As mine do not show them in blocked order, more alphabetical. 

I shouldn't have to keep track of who I blocked and when.

There is no reason for there to be a limit.

Increase the block limit or removing does not affect the game at all

and would provide a much more effective bandaid until they finally find a permanent solution.

I mean I haven't seen spam for most of the day on OMC so there's that.  As for the older ones, just get rid of them until you find one that's still at it, if there are even any at this point in time.  Either you spend the time to deal with your list or keep seeing the spam, not my problem.  Yes you shouldn't have to do this and whatever else you want to go on about for this situation but it's better than raising hell over a long term problem that they are aware of.

Yes I hate it too, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

1 minute ago, Bacon21 said:

I mean I haven't seen spam for most of the day on OMC so there's that.  As for the older ones, just get rid of them until you find one that's still at it, if there are even any at this point in time.  Either you spend the time to deal with your list or keep seeing the spam, not my problem.  Yes you shouldn't have to do this and whatever else you want to go on about for this situation but it's better than raising hell over a long term problem that they are aware of.

It should not be the players responsibility to keep the game clean. Doing it your way put a quite huge burden on the players, a burden that really should be on the server keepers.

NCSoft have not even commented the issue....

5 minutes ago, Bacon21 said:

You may have no spam on your server, but there are now 25 other servers besides yours.

There are no reasonable arguments against increasing or removing the block limit.

It affects gameplay in no way at all and also has no affect on players whatsoever,

but would provide such an easier solution for players for keeping their chats clean.

And could most likely be done in a hotfix.

Why waste my time filtering my chats and scouring my block list when there is such a simple remedy in the meantime?

idk how it goes on other servers but on hajoon it's paradise now only 9 slot out of 50 taken by bots and when i went to bamboo village saw those bots next to faction npc muted.Sure they gonna level but once they are banned takes them a few hours minimum before we see them.Only had to block 3 today.

24 minutes ago, BlackRoze said:

It should not be the players responsibility to keep the game clean. Doing it your way put a quite huge burden on the players, a burden that really should be on the server keepers.

NCSoft have not even commented the issue....

I am well aware of that and I agree, but go back to my previous point of "Yes you shouldn't have to do this and whatever else you want to go on about for this situation." 

Still doesn't take away from what I said.

Even if it is a "huge" (omg 1-5min whatever will I do.....) burden you either put it upon yourself to do something about the situation or complain about it enough until it might go away (as people like to do nowadays).  A combination of the two is usually good but I more often than not see the latter.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk just trying to be real here.

14 minutes ago, Azryn said:

You may have no spam on your server, but there are now 25 other servers besides yours. #1

There are no reasonable arguments against increasing or removing the block limit.   #2

It affects gameplay in no way at all and also has no affect on players whatsoever,

but would provide such an easier solution for players for keeping their chats clean.  #3

And could most likely be done in a hotfix.

Why waste my time filtering my chats and scouring my block list when there is such a simple remedy in the meantime?  #4

1.  Of course there are other servers, doh!

2.  I think you missed the part where I AGREE with you

3.  refer to point 2

4.  refer to my post just above this one.

Edit -  I apologize I was mixing two different peoples post into one person, but my points still stand.

Archived