Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dark Unwinding said:

well I'm glad they finally added a system like that in,but it could last more then 2 minutes,but better then nothing

it's useless if bots just bypass it, which they do. And that system has been in place since cbt

The in game chat is literally broken at this point.

I don't understand, this problem has been solved over and over again in other games. There are plenty of routes to take to solve this issue... W̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶l̶̶̶i̶̶̶t̶̶̶e̶̶̶r̶̶̶a̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶y̶̶̶ ̶̶̶d̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶'̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶e̶̶̶v̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶n̶̶̶e̶̶̶e̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶o̶̶̶p̶̶̶h̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶i̶̶̶c̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶e̶̶̶d̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶l̶̶̶g̶̶̶o̶̶̶,̶̶̶ ̶̶̶j̶̶̶u̶̶̶s̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶ ̶̶̶l̶̶̶e̶̶̶v̶̶̶e̶̶̶l̶̶̶ ̶̶̶g̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶c̶̶̶h̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶f̶̶̶e̶̶̶a̶̶̶t̶̶̶u̶̶̶r̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶w̶̶̶i̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶ ̶̶̶c̶̶̶u̶̶̶l̶̶̶l̶̶̶ ̶̶̶t̶̶̶h̶̶̶e̶̶̶ ̶̶̶r̶̶̶i̶̶̶d̶̶̶i̶̶̶c̶̶̶u̶̶̶l̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶a̶̶̶m̶̶̶o̶̶̶u̶̶̶n̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶o̶̶̶f̶̶̶ ̶̶̶s̶̶̶p̶̶̶a̶̶̶m̶̶̶m̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶g̶̶̶o̶̶̶i̶̶̶n̶̶̶g̶̶̶ ̶̶̶o̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶r̶̶̶i̶̶̶g̶̶̶h̶̶̶t̶̶̶ ̶̶̶n̶̶̶o̶̶̶w̶̶̶.̶̶̶.̶̶̶.̶̶̶ S̶e̶r̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶q̶u̶i̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶g̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶l̶l̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶.̶

edit: It's apparent that it's more than just a bot spamming issue as these users are able to get around the limitations already in place.

27 minutes ago, ActiumPraetor said:

Anyone care to wager on whether the chat system runs through the authentication system for clients? I bet I can inject a chat message without even logging into the game...

It almost seems that way based on the frequency at which the messages show up...

46 minutes ago, ActiumPraetor said:

Anyone care to wager on whether the chat system runs through the authentication system for clients? I bet I can inject a chat message without even logging into the game...

Seems very possible since its possible to skip entirely the ncsoft launcher, so I don't doubt theres some sort of packets being sent straight to chat. Something like what happened with team fortress 2 where people could idle in servers without actually playing the game.

5 hours ago, ActiumPraetor said:

I'm seriously considering firing up my development tools and writing a proxy server for managing the chat issue - if I intercept all traffic used by the game I can pretty easily regexp anything that looks like a chat message and drop it at the proxy, neatly eliminating the RMT chat-spam problem in one fell swoop and simultaneously taking it out of NCsoft's hands. Basically this was what Guildwork did with FFXIV - shoehorn a proxy between the client and the Internet, and regexp-filter everything going through the proxy that is marked as a chat entry.

EDIT: A few moments with Wireshark and I can see the chat comes in from 64.25.37.254, at least on my client. If others with the technical capacity can gather IP addresses on what the game is using for what I might be able to get something going.

I think this would only work if it would be idiot-proof run-and-forget tool that would auto-update blocking patterns a la AdBlockPlus plugin for browsers, that would become so widespread that NCSoft would be forced to ignore people running it as they would not afford to ban so many legit players. Solution being widespread is necessary for health and future of the game, its not much of a benefit if you can get it fixed but others don't know how, get tired of spam and leave.

Seems to work so far on my european server.Had to block only 3 since hotfix.I guess they are busy getting bots to level 10 though so wouldn't expect to last forever.On the other hand they can't just make bots level 1 or 4 anymore so before they can spam takes more time.

Take the stupid bs limit off of the block list = win. Screw all the automated stuff lets just make it possible to actually work the problem out ourselves, then the people running the bots won't ransack the server with the mentality of "Oh lol they can only block 50 of us so lets put 51+ on the server"

How about this!!

Use the achievement system and marketplace as a method to shut them up.

Like have a achievement that need player to unlock in order to freely chat with no spam block restriction.

All they need to do is just buy stuff under 3s or more.

Its easy and pretty simple to shut them up.

3 hours ago, Nigoleu said:

How about this!!

Use the achievement system and marketplace as a method to shut them up.

Like have a achievement that need player to unlock in order to freely chat with no spam block restriction.

All they need to do is just buy stuff under 3s or more.

Its easy and pretty simple to shut them up.

except that wont work.... If you think the gold spammers are not buying up cheap items on the market and then jacking up the price your nuts... I am pretty sure if there was an achievement to unlock chat by buying something for 3 silver they would be the first to achieve it...

2 hours ago, DarkJ said:

except that wont work.... If you think the gold spammers are not buying up cheap items on the market and then jacking up the price your nuts... I am pretty sure if there was an achievement to unlock chat by buying something for 3 silver they would be the first to achieve it...

Exactly this.
Botters are what drives prices up in the market (and *cricket* it up in the process).
Happened in lots of other MMOs.

3 hours ago, Hanadeus said:

simple solution for y all, make new tab and stop Remove Region Chat then have spam Free Chat Tab

tell me how, because i can only edit 1 out of 4 chat tabs, and i can't create a new one. Spam is fine like it is now, but they are spamming with lvl 6 in faction chat, so that "hotfix" did'nt work. There was another fix they didn't tell us, like talking with goldsellers and tell them "calm your tits, they are pissed off", isn't it?

1 hour ago, M4rsh4L said:

tell me how, because i can only edit 1 out of 4 chat tabs, and i can't create a new one. Spam is fine like it is now, but they are spamming with lvl 6 in faction chat, so that "hotfix" did'nt work. There was another fix they didn't tell us, like talking with goldsellers and tell them "calm your tits, they are pissed off", isn't it?

u just go "edit" and tick those region chats out.

4 minutes ago, Suu said:

seriously, why are they still able to spam so hard, they are between level 10 and 15 now.

961a6119b28a23d5b1db337a84df8425.png

I don't think that a simple level restriction for chat will help at all.

We don't have ingame moderation , so yeah .

This will never be fixed , every other NCSOFT game has the same issue.

thats the whole reason why i disabled faction chat, my blocklist was full on the very first day already so i just disable faction chat 

we all knew from the beginning that it wont help to set a level restriction to chat ;p they tried that in aion and it worked just as good as here (NOT)

1 minute ago, Virtue said:

should be a mute function, if enough people report a spammer, it mutes them

problem is there will be new spammers spawning every day..

this shit is getting so annoying having to sit there and block & report them daily..

Archived