Glyndwr

Gold Spammers Everywhere

Daxby   
29 minutes ago, PrepH said:

I heard the report button is locked until you are level 20. If so, thanks for making it easy for the bots.

It's not locked, i reported arround 20 gold bots

Elvenmad   
1 minute ago, IntX said:

Two examples where this works flawlessly:
- Archeage

- Devilian

Neverwinter had the very same issues with gold spammers when it launched live a number of years ago, it was as bad as it is here,  they implemented a currency exchange and it worked great and cut gold spammers by 95%, thing is it took a few weeks they had to design and code the system, while here NC already have the system so I dont see the problem and why they are letting the Gold spammers run riot

PrepH   
2 minutes ago, Daxby said:

It's not locked, i reported arround 20 gold bots

Please try again.

MrFester   

NC needs to bring in the live in game GM's.  Just start banning actively and stop being re-active. 

Edited by MrFester

Keawen   

I wonder if they put a IP ban on address in china if that would help.What's worst they are using faction chat now.Can't even have peace on faction even if i don't see the other chat.

Protanos   

So hundreds bots farm non-stop and real players wait in queue...  Same thing I see on TW server and one day they ban this bots and I have good week without login issues, but after good week this bots return again.... 

enem   
39 minutes ago, IntX said:

Two examples where this works flawlessly:
- Archeage

- Devilian

Devilian - not at all flawlessly! jesus every day even their website is hit by spam posts from goldsellers (one day the first 24 pages of General Discussion was gold selling spam threads), and players get in game mail from goldsellers too.  

Archeage may be a game which it's beneficial, and I know it works fairly well in GW2 but again, it provides an option and is not a solution to the problem of spam and RMT transactions. Agree that it would improve things, so I don't see why it's not available here yet. 

Daxby   

IP ban doesn't help because you can setup many VPN servers in another country with a really low cost. And i'm sure that those goldbots are running in clientless so they can just buy VPS on USA or another country and run them... 

the DAmn Gold Bot Sucks my List are Full but delete them dont help !its nice to see NC working in the problem but if you hang out in ch1 Master Hong you just cant talk to anyone if you dont block Party and Region Chat they are full of Gold Sellers haha

Hazriel   
1 hour ago, Valkenhart said:

...I'm surprised they haven't started mass-whispering to everyone, since you can get a list of names just by pressing one letter via character profile's search....

Surprise, they did -.-

ybBEe0c.jpg

This is the second whisp i got within 2 hours of gaming, after staying "afk" for a few min near a bank npc. Reported them, but toke screens too just to make sure.

Edited by Hazriel

I have already used up 50 slots on my block list. Can we increase the list size at least for now?...these spammers spawn like clockwork.

enem   
3 minutes ago, Whizkiid8 said:

these spammers spawn like clockwork

as do these threads.  

search next time please.

4 minutes ago, Whizkiid8 said:

I have already used up 50 slots on my block list. Can we increase the list size at least for now?...these spammers spawn like clockwork.

yes we can increase it.. will we? no. why not? cause pay us thats why

Just now, enem said:

as do these threads.  

search next time please.

I was asking about the block list and if it can be increased in size.

1 minute ago, BladeAndComplain said:

yes we can increase it.. will we? no. why not? cause pay us thats why

funny!.

you say no but if you actually looked for their responses on this they are looking at what they can do about increasing it as well as several other things to try and make it harder on the bots and gold spammers but they want to get as many such fixes lines up so that when they have to put it into a downtime maintenance they can put as many of them as they can into place in one go instead of having to do it over several maintenance downtimes

Why don't NC just block that foreign country's ip address? I wouldn't tell a name of the asain country where the spammers are from.

enem   
Just now, VESTEMONA said:

Why don't NC just block that foreign country's ip address? I wouldn't tell a name of the asain country where the spammers are from.

because it's simple to change the apparent IP address of a connection.

1 minute ago, capncronic365 said:

you say no but if you actually looked for their responses on this they are looking at what they can do about increasing it as well as several other things to try and make it harder on the bots and gold spammers but they want to get as many such fixes lines up so that when they have to put it into a downtime maintenance they can put as many of them as they can into place in one go instead of having to do it over several maintenance downtimes

This would be a reasonable response at least until they create a better way to handle this matter.

Right click your chat and remove the problematic channels from your list.

Alternatively you can create a new chat tab and customize it to everything you need.

It's sad but the only way to truly block the garbage is to literally disable all of the games chat features outside of guild/party chat.

The short history of region/faction chat:

- CBT/headstart: everyone is friendly and helping each other, occasional interesting topics discussed in chat—you could actually ask a question in it, WHA!

- launch: +1kk% self entitled "pro players" joined apparently; channel is now "whine about everything and anything under the sun"

- post-launch: channel might as well be called "the gold seller ad channel"

RIP global chats, you were good while you lasted

Bladez   
Just now, VESTEMONA said:

People who use programs or software to invade games with bots use proxies and VPNs. The computers they used are not connected directly to game servers. if that was the case they will find the people behind this. It is not that simple. When the bots are banned they just make new accounts with different proxies addresses and bypass the ban in minutes. They will have to come up with a better solution than just ban ip addresses because that alone wont work. They should increase the block limit and make it that a player will be able to use chat after a specific lvl. Problem is they want you to buy premium in order for you to be allow to bloack more people. Sad some have to put up with this mess because they just want money.

Bladez I have premium, you really think its of any use with bots? Who has time to constantly right click block everything? The only solution is to block the chats entirely.

Also, just so you know, the bots were there since the end of headstart, and a lot of the bots have premium! So not even limiting the channels to premium would fix it completely. Though it would probably make it easier for GMs to block it; I assume the spammers would give up if the GMs can ban 1000$ worth of bots premium per minute—well more like move to general chat, but nobody cares about general chat.

Edited by Nightbasilisk

Aiezen   

They have seriously got to at least up the block cap! 50 is just ridiculous, I maxed my cap by level 9 lol.. actually no lolz thats not funny. I\ve pondered my 5 brain cells for many moons on how to bring the punishment to gold hackers, and the only thing I can come up with is either game companies need to some how hire OP hackers to fight back, or include some kind of simple captcha every so many minutes or every time u hit a loading screen. Maybe give pots for successful enters idk, it would be annoying but really guys whats more annoying? And if you say u want gold spam over simple captcha you prolly buy gold lol

Azrael   
2 hours ago, Elvenmad said:

Because looking at the prices i see in chat these sellers are asking, currently BnS gold selling is very highly lucrative and considering the amount of 'whales' that play MMO's and the insane prices they spend at the moment BnS is making alot of gold sellers very rich and main thing is they have no competitors only other sellers.

Having a in game Currency Exchange vastly changes the value of game currency's and has been proved to  cure gold sellers spam problems in many other games, This is nothing new and I am very surprised this current issue seems to have been overlooked by NC who are by no means new to this gaming business.

Having a in game currency exchange keeps everything in game, value and exchange rates are set by the players themselves and the only people who really profit is the games publisher themselves. Why would you even look at some possible dodgy online site to buy gold when you can obtain it safely in game ? and as for the sllers they would have no choice but to price their gold to compete with the prices in game, most would not, most would move on it would not be profitable for them anymore, it is a very easy sollution

Umm, while it would be good if currency exchange is activated i'm a bit worried about the initial Ncoin to Gold ratio. Since the game is just beginning, gold is worth a lot and it sorta devalues NCoin/dollar. I think it would be good to wait until gold value is a bit more stable so ratio is able to compete with gold sellers and is an acceptable one for people who buy NCoin to switch for gold. Although if there is no alternative to stop RMT then I would also support the currency exchange.