Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

I'm trying to figure out why level 4 bots are still able to spam faction chat when the BnS twitter posted a pic of the update stating you had to be lvl 10 or higher... Yea a bot can get level 10 with no issues but could we at least have the update do what it said it's gonna do lol.... Please???

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BakaWolf said:

Wouldn't stop the spam thats occurring now. They are basically hacking the chat code to spam from outside the game, regardless of the rules dictating how to use the chat.

Wow, i kind of suspected the game had loops, but loops this big? I will give it slack, since it was released few years back (2011 if i am not mistaken), so when it was developed, this kind of issues were rare and few in between. 

That said, unfortunately free farmable main ingame currency, as main staple for game economy is obsolete, especially for a Free to Play model. For some odd reason korean game developers cannot let go of their Lineage heritage and keep on essentially reusing the same flawed system. I can name right of the bat, at least three free to play games, where bots simply do not exist, because, there is no profit for them to gain. Just to defend NCsoft a bit, those games were developed, with the thought of potential bots, that will inevitably flood the game after launch.

P.s. Sadly i have no worth while ideas to offer, on how to fix this problem now :( . I just hope NCsoft will come up with a solution fast enough, on how to lessen the flow of bots.

The spam is horrible.  Absolutely unacceptable.  I want to believe that a 3 year old game from a major gaming company would have a better handle on this, but sadly I can't.  Disappointing.

Now, with the latest patch, the spammers are unblockable.  The restrictions are moot because they're working around it.  On top of that, they're spamming at a much faster rate.  It's absolutely ridiculous.

I should also mention i have noticed serious spikes in the price of some items .. some things have gone from 9cp price to a new mark up of 1 SP as probably these people with large amounts of ill gotten loot buy all of one item and resell at a lot less ..

This always happens but this is in a 24 hour period

I seriously think this is an attack against the game and not normal gold seller spam.

constant flooding of every chat area by one or two groups across multiple servers 

at this point shut the chat off, make it so nobody can talk until a real fix can be implemented.

And i notice instead of having just a few from same website there is tons of spamming so in like 2 seconds 1st 3 disappear from chat and 1 website when i look had like 10 different 1 showing up. I wouldn't want to try to recruit for a clan in that giant invasion no change whatsoever that people gonna see your message. And no profile so they are not even in game so if they wanted they could crash the whole game.

Most of the spammers ive seen are located in Chapter 19, The Corrupt Jadestone village, So they are away from public eye and nobody knows where they actually are.  There is no way to fix that, so why not make Faction Chat for 30+ [For those actually playing the game] because thats like the midway point in everyone's leveling road.  And make region chat the actual region[i.e Everdusk/Gloomdross Forest etc.etc. not the whole Area[i.e Viridian Coast/Cinderlands/Moonwater.  Think about it, How many of you actually use Faction chat other than clan recruitment? And even if you do, i feel it would be more helpful to those higher level than those at a lower, because this game is basically straight forward... 

AS FOR YOUR DUPLICATE TOPIC POST: IDRC Nothing is being done about this, and thats why you see so many posts about it.  Sure this is a free game, but do you want your new players to be hounded by nothing but spam?

22 minutes ago, DarkJ said:

Why don't they initiate a key word chat blocker and add the following key words to the list....    

1-  WWW

2-  W W W

3-  3W.

4-  3 W.

5-  .com

6-  .C O M

7-  G O L D

And then block all connected web address from chat.  When would any real person use the above combinations of letters in Chat... and there is no reason to post URL's in public chat... Then the ones that do get through after the filter you have the community report and then they get banned... or at least our block list will be more effective...

Really needs regex.

"\. *[cC] *[oO0] *[mM]"

and why not

"[wW] *[wW] *[wW]"

while they're at it.

If there's a hit, the message is silently muted.

2 hours ago, 882260_1452550489 said:

Wonder which genius at NCsoft thought of that idea of lvl 10 chat restriction and thought it would be really good to implement.  Really a larger blacklist woulda helped more...

They are spamming party finder like crazy and in faction chat I'm checking most are lvl 11 now LOLLLL.   They are still spamming away.   How about, have full time GMs around the clock, rotating shifts?  Put them on every server and let them see both faction chats.   Have them there purposely to ban Gold Spammers and seek out botters would be nice also... maybe report someone botting and a GM can look into it.

My reports on a bunch of them have gone unnoticed for days now.   Also what's up with Wardrobe atm?  

Edit:  Also have GMs sit in the Arena lobby to see what a spam fest that is also.   I mean, why not just remove communications altogether since people can't talk in any of them (don't do that, fix it!!!) --- but you see where I'm going with this...

And also just allow any form of URLs regardless of how many spaces, capital or not.... in Guild/Clan Chats and party chats only.  Want to share a site with your buddy?   Invite to party.  Disconnect people who spam chat also.   Zenimax implemented a chat spam function that will log you out, repeat offenses will have you banned for the day.  The only place you can spam is in Guild and Party chats in that game.  To which everyone has the option of leaving a guild/party if they are full of spammers.

Blade & Soul = Singleplayer, no chat, no socialization, no making friends, no interaction, no communication, no helping each other, no multiplayer, no mmorpg...

Only real way to communicate is via only guild chat, or private ventrillo/teamspeak, but then that is still in a bubble since you won't be able to communicate with the rest of the ppl outside of that circle.

Blade & Soul is no longer an mmorpg... GG NCsoft GG

@NC Elusive I wonder if NCsoft got any word regarding the goldseller problem, Is anything being done regarding this? I can say it has gotten a lot worse after the attempt to implement a fix earlier today.

If this keeps up it will end up hurting the player base, thus Hurting NCSoft's potential income : /

• NCSOFT

Greetings everyone, we wanted to provide a quick update. We recently deployed a hotfix to address the issue where some players were unable to be blocked. Please restart the client for these changes to take place.

Archived