Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Lyricant said:

Yeaaaah. I really don't understand the point of that. Would a massive list of blocked names somehow put strain on the servers? Like...what? Why limit that? o_o

hm, well, yeah. But i feel like blocking is not solving anything still. They should also make a report system that bans constantly reported players, and not by GMs which is way too slow for spams like this.

FOR THE LOVE OF WHATEVER, FIX IT. The chat is only readable in the clan/part/say categories, I've even blocked out whispers due to the fact that the bots whisper everyone. Why aren't I blocking them until you've found a solution? Because i'm MAXED out at 50/50 blocked player names!

like a made a thread about.

this under level 10 cant use chat wont fix anything because you can make a .bat file and launch the game without patching.

i have a few friends who are playing the game and havent updated since when it launched earlier this month

this is why some of the bots your seeing are under level 10 but still using chat

You really don't expect them to fix it when they don't even realise how the spammers are bypassing their "security" do you? Just the fact that they upped the chat level indicates that they have no idea how their servers are being breached. They're still under the assumption that the spammers are running  the client software and have "characters", when neither is true.

6 minutes ago, Akari said:

You really don't expect them to fix it when they don't even realise how the spammers are bypassing their "security" do you? Just the fact that they upped the chat level indicates that they have no idea how their servers are being breached. They're still under the assumption that the spammers are running  the client software and have "characters", when neither is true.

They could've increased the level cap needed to join a faction. They're still level4, which means they do have to join a faction before they can start their spam. They should've taken the time to make a change to that, not to the chat server level caps. They bypassed that in their other games to.

6 hours ago, Naisho said:

A more permanent (and i think better) solution is to implement a feature to auto ban any players that are flagged as bots. If system flags a player as a bot for some amount of time because of what they typed, and at least X (lets say 10) number of players report them for botting they will get banned unless proven otherwise. This will lessen the burdens on whoever does the banning and gives the players some power to help fix this issue. The flagging alone may be not as unreliable, but having players report as bot would usually ensure that it's legit. Even IF the flagging feature is difficult to implement, surely it's a simple matter to have bots banned without GM approval if, let's say, dozens of players reports said 'player' for botting.

This is problematic because soon enough there will be "Ban bots" - if someone annoys a player he'll just use multiple bots to flag the person and get him banned. Also if you anger multiple people they can just decide to flag you as a bot to get you banned

Unfortunately guys, spam bots are here to stay. NCsoft can decrease their numbers, but they will be there no matter. The game economy it self is flawed by design and favors gold farming. This type of economy may work out well in subscription based game, but not in free too play model. In fact any farmable main ingame currency and open auction house, will be abused by bots. I am afraid, we will have to live with it. 

I personally see no way how NCsoft can permanently fix this, except a complete game overhaul. Which we will never get, since this is a complete product, that has been out for years. On a side note, I am sure shortly they will come up with a way to decrease the numbers at least. 

Buy to Play would have helped control the gold sellers, but oh noooo, NCsoft chose to do a complete F2P with an aggressive push to purchase premium for anything.  Wouldn't be surpised if they incorporated a larger blacklist and more extensive chat filter only for Premium users... Such a fail publisher of a great game... what a shame

It does not really seem like this latest update really did much of anything. Apparently the lvl.10 chat restriction isn't working or it works differently than is described because lo and behold here is a lvl.4 spammer doing what he does best just like before.iyOVMb0.jpg

I also had a level 4 on Jiwan bypass the level restriction and spam Faction chat. 

There is also a new wave of spam bots that when you try to block them you get a message that the "unable to file a spam report because the subject was not found." This is happening on all the new spam bots on Jiwan.

Oh and my block list is full again.... it is ridiculous that this has not been handled better. 

The reason you cant block or report is because the spammers have figured out how to crack the Chat API from outside the game and spam from a website, The chat in BnS is like an IRC, they found a hole into it and are exploiting it now.

This is why they can use periods in their names and their characters arent found in game. They arent actually in the game.

1 minute ago, BakaWolf said:

The reason you cant block or report is because the spammers have figured out how to crack the Chat API from outside the game and spam from a website, The chat in BnS is like an IRC, they found a hole into it and are exploiting it now.

this happened to CN and TW server too. duno about now, and duno about KR or JP.

maybe they could open premium servers only ?

but then they might have to change the way the game worked but it would get rid of some of the spam at any rate..

I opened my faction chat to ask a quest about the wardrobe not working and it was insane spam (I have yhad all chat turned off since monday I think and of course NOW they are also spamming whispers as well)

Upload Images to Imgur and post the bbc code for forums (when you upload a pic to imgur at the bottom on the right it will show he diferent links to use)

Also they implemented a system that only people lvl 10+ can use chats, but its not fully working atm, so give them a little more time to hotfix it

1 minute ago, Kensho1996 said:

but then they might have to change the way the game worked but it would get rid of some of the spam at any rate..

I opened my faction chat to ask a quest about the wardrobe not working and it was insane spam (I have yhad all chat turned off since monday I think and of course NOW they are also spamming whispers as well)

Wouldn't stop the spam thats occurring now. They are basically hacking the chat code to spam from outside the game, regardless of the rules dictating how to use the chat.

Just now, Kensho1996 said:

That would be great and all if not for the fact that alot of the spammers are now premium users as well. Considering it only costs about 5 bucks for 1 week of premium membership NCsoft inadvertantly made it alot easier for them to attain premium.

Just now, Korgi said:

That would be great and all if not for the fact that alot of the spammers are now premium users as well. Considering it only costs about 5 bucks for 1 week of premium membership NCsoft inadvertantly made it alot easier for them to attain premium.

you might be right and IF 

6 minutes ago, BakaWolf said:

This is why they can use periods in their names and their characters arent found in game. They arent actually in the game.

this is true even that would not fix the issue .. wish the government was so against black hat maneuvers then you could get some programmer to open a can of whoop ass on the sites and computers.. 

I know this would open a whole new can of worms but I would love to see these morons servers and computers crashed and trashed

The amount of gold sellers and spam is insane you cant even see anyone other the spammer and I cant block him because of my list being full and if I do remove someone  from the list I cant block this guy because of the name.. you guy really in game gm's when I was Gm for couple of games  didn't even give the gold sellers a chance

the guys name is WWW .AYWGAMES. com if you cant see it in the pic clear enough

Screenshot_160127_015.jpg

Archived