Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

5 minutes ago, Merkadis said:

Know what's funny?

The game is out for like 5 years now and it still has ALL of these problems we got now. Haha.

well not only that but it's not like spammers/hackers/mmos are new..... or that this is their first game... You would think they would have already had something in place...

but whatever

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe NCsoft should get a Blacklist app that is an add-on that we can install on our computers, that way we can have however large a blacklist we want as it would run off our systems since apparently their server are so outdated and so crappy that they can only have a 50 blacklist.  Don't know if its possible to have an app like that but it would be nice.

1 minute ago, Puppy Pie said:

well not only that but it's not like spammers/hackers/mmos are new..... or that this is their first game... You would think they would have already had something in place...

but whatever

Yeah, like NCguys ever give a shit about anything that doesn't get them richer.

All of their games have extreme bot problems and they never ever bothered to fix it in any of their games.

Fat chance that they will fix BnS bot problem haha.

16 minutes ago, FalseProphet said:

I'm 90% sure they're using a pinguin / IRC client to connect to the chat. I'd run some tests but I don't think NC would listen and I don't care enough.

He's probably right. I've tried to call up their character profile and they literally don't exist unlike the other spammers who do have character profiles that can be successfully viewed.

Please don't let this game become another Archage....

2 hours ago, YukiNagato said:

It's going to be abused (happened in AA with the report tool used to trigger autoban) .

Id rather it get abused and get banned than deal with this atrocity. We can always contest our banning, as actual human beings. The bots can't. 

Amazing pro idea right here... DONT CAP BLOCKS, 50 BLOCKS IS NOT ENOUGH.

Oh... would that fix the issue?

Sorry, you're only allowed to block 50 people, granted you fill that list in 15-30 minutes of gameplay we're keeping it that way.

nah, i disabled those chat and im as clean as i can be. However, though, those "cricket"ers take up the space for my friends (non-premium) to log in.

I'm no expert but i think NCsoft should seriously consider implementing a mechanism/software to the launcher so that those with 3rd party programs interfering with the game can't even launch the game. I know there will eventually be a way of bypassing that, but at least they can fix it later.

I seriously hate to be one that constantly whines in here but I can't help it, I'm unable to enjoy and play the game though all spammers/bots!

At first it was easier for me to deal with them, I would just block them/ un-check chat they have infested and with new system report them. But right now problem is you can't even do that anymore in first place in here! You can't block, you can't even report and un-checking chat doesn't do trick at all!

Here is what I'm talking about it:

Q0P9ogJ.jpg

I'm on 'Old Man Cho' and this guy has been spamming for entire damn day I lost count of how much hours this thing is happening and when you try to file report...

Rw3sEi2.jpg

This is seriously troublesome and beyond annoying, because as I said there is no way to save yourself from this spamming since nothing works.

Seriously I suggest there to be game developers on every server that are going to monitor chats in here, because we aren't able to do a thing about something as this, which is beyond annoying especially if you were chatting with someone/ helping someone and etc. only this thing to happen.

Yeah seems they've found a way to chat without being actual ingame, even char profiles won't load from them.

Honestly, I doubt NCSoft can't do anything about it. If they REALLY wanted to get rid of them, why not sue the shit out of them? Seems almost obvious that most MMO devs are just taking a cut from gold sold and do little things here and there against it to not raise suspicion.

Its hilarious how they thought a level cap increase on the faction chat would work. They've bypassed that in the past, so why wouldnt they be able to bypass it now? Stop being lazy and just change the faction selection quest to lvl15.

2 minutes ago, MangoHam said:

Its hilarious how they thought a level cap increase on the faction chat would work. They've bypassed that in the past, so why wouldnt they be able to bypass it now? Stop being lazy and just change the faction selection quest to lvl15.

Because they use a package injector now, they just send packages over the network containing the spam. Thus no need for an actual character and impossible to block (for us) ;)

1 minute ago, SauS said:

Because they use a package injector now, they just send packages over the network containing the spam. Thus no need for an actual character and impossible to block (for us) ;)

but then ncsoft should be able to do sth with packages right?

Bots just leveled up , Please fix this and come up with a better solution ,  there cant be any open world pvp if the faction chat is fked up, chat spam ruins pretty much everything else good in the game. Faction chat became Gold spammers chat 

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, MangoHam said:

And how is that going to stop region / auto-whispering / etc?

I can't even report these people. PLayer can't be found, and in some cases they can't even be blocked. Clearly some fundamental changes need to be made, and I'm not sure it's changing the required level*. After all, they can still amass numbers over time, and if they can't be blocked... it's just a temporary solution until they can level up, and they probably have a bot or something for that. :/

Edit: wth, the quoted thing changed. I couldve sworn you said something about raising the faction requirement level to 15. Guess that was someone else. My bad.

1 minute ago, ScarletAcacia said:

but then ncsoft should be able to do sth with packages right?

Idk, have no idea how their network code is setup.. If it's even encrypted or not. That's out of my league of knowledge :p

Just now, 882260_1452550489 said:

Yea, "They are working on it"...really "THEY"  probably more like 1 person.  

Blocking stuff like this is very difficult, it's not as easy as everyone thinks ;)

Archived