Forums

Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

1 minute ago, Maszrum said:

Now apparently you can't report them anymore cause it says that player doesn't exist. You can't see their profiles. Though I was able to click on one and it said it's level 4. So the lvl 10 thing is bs.  :)))))))))

1 hour ago, Dotimus said:

Based on the community's feedback, we have implemented the below highly requested features:

• We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels
  • We have removed the level restriction to report a bot or spammer

ya, right...

@Youmukon

@Rukkirii

jnGYD.jpg

like this?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Number of these gold seller bots actually increased for me since the update wtf xD

Good bye faction chat, forever closed for me now.

Not that it was THAT important to read anyways with how toxic it can turn into from time to time...

ye the "new" chat fuction dont work at all, bots are level 4-6 that spam us.

i was really looking forward to adding faction chat window again and i just looked for 10sec and it was chaos.

50 on block list GG thats just invites em to make more bots.

28 minutes ago, UnfriendlyGhost said:

On some servers it is impossible to do this, there are too many and they constantly create new names every 5 minutes. It isn't hyperbole, it is seriously overrun

Well thats why as a community we all report/block. I did that to 5 gold spammers last night, not ONE message came through as a spammer. I'm on NA so maybe thats why but still

I really cant deal with this shiit anymore. Cant whose saying or selling what  in chat, cant block anymore and I refuse to pay so I can block. I'm out of this game until they can find a solution. This is the main issue that's keeping me from spending a dime on this game. Why should I pay for a bot infestation and a bunch of kids who are obviously buying gold and having quite of an advantage. Back to the drawing board for NC.

2 minutes ago, Critcrying said:

Well thats why as a community we all report/block. I did that to 5 gold spammers last night, not ONE message came through as a spammer. I'm on NA so maybe thats why but still

Uh... are you aware that the block list is 50 spaces only?

3 minutes ago, Critcrying said:

They create 5 new names every few minutes, it is literally impossible to combat. I don't know what server you are on, but log on Master Hong and try to combat the spam

the fight vs bots is all about time as they gain 0 from none of us going to their sites to be scammed (or so i hope none is so stupid to go look), in time most will stop making bots for this game and go to black desert online instead to try scam there, but NCsoft could do more to stop em as they fill up server space and make ppl not wanna play their game its bad for their own pockets.

mNQcHPQ.jpg

please, this is serious, these bots can pass the level restriction, and they're not exist when i try to check their character info, please, investigate this, we can't take this

their name keep changing every 2 minutes and even 9000 block slot cant do anything. with just 7 letters in their name, they can generate more than 4 billion different name 

Just now, Tanabe said:

the fight vs bots is all about time as they gain 0 from none of us going to their sites to be scammed (or so i hope none is so stupid to go look), in time most will stop making bots for this game and go to black desert online instead to try scam there, but NCsoft could do more to stop em as they fill up server space and make ppl not wanna play their game its bad for their own pockets.

This is why they need stronger, temporary solutions. Live support dealing with bots in real time, harsher penalties for spamming etc. Some of the same bots spam nonstop for 8+ hours and there is literally no excuse for that

2 minutes ago, Critcrying said:

Report? Are you even reading other posts? non premium are limited to 50 blocks and premium are limited to 500. You block/report 500 and that's it. Most wont get banned and when they do they will create more accounts. Are you playing to block bots or to enjoy the game? Blocking doesn't seem to work and banning them is not going very well either. The chats are being over run by bots. The best suggestion I have for the community is not to buy their gold. Unfortunately this wont happen either. The only reason why bots exist is because they have a business that is obviously working. 

2 minutes ago, Bladez said:

Report? Are you even reading other posts? non premium are limited to 50 blocks and premium are limited to 500. You block/report 500 and that's it. Most wont get banned and when they do they will create more accounts. Are you playing to block bots or to enjoy the game? Blocking doesn't seem to work and banning them is not going very well either. The chats are being over run by bots. The best suggestion I have for the community is not to buy their gold. Unfortunately this wont happen either. The only reason why bots exist is because they have a business that is obviously working. 

Premium players have the same block amount

11 minutes ago, Vivien said:

Number of these gold seller bots actually increased for me since the update wtf xD

Good bye faction chat, forever closed for me now.

Not that it was THAT important to read anyways with how toxic it can turn into from time to time...

I turned off my Chat options on Day 2. Which is really sad, because I am sure I am missing some good chat... if you can read it before it scrolls due to spammers. And you are right about the toxicity of the chat. There was a post yesterday about having volunteers police the community. The volunteers wouldn't have access to Kick people or Ban them... but could Mute them. That would be great for combating Spammers, or the 12 year old Keyboard Commando's that think it's cool to cuss in game.

NC Soft really needs to put in place an AUTO Mute once you are reported as Spam by say, IDK 50 players ???

Temp Mute the account from anything but whispers or guild chat, till a GM can review it.

Enough said, easy enough to put in place, many games have done such a measure to deal with Gold Sellers.

Archived