Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rancub said:

Are we not asking NCSoft to ban them? What are you asking or suggesting then?

As for the person said it would be abused, this is not the report button we are using, but block. You block people who you do not want to see their spam.

A clan leader might ask its members to block one or more players to trigger autoban (you suggested that autoban should happen if someone is blocked by x people).

Even lonely trolls could be enough, I've seen that happen already.

it's too much of a hassle to keep blocking every 2 minutes.... made a blank chat tab so it wouldn't give me eye cancer.

as much as i liked using region/faction this is ridiculous.  so much for meeting new people using those platforms. 

4 minutes ago, Critcrying said:

Guys as annoying as it may be, just block and report. I've done that to EVERY gold spammer I have encountered, its not that hard just can be a BIT time consuming. But if we all put in our part as a COMMUNITY this problem will be gone, (maybe not gone, but will not be so bad)

On some servers it is impossible to do this, there are too many and they constantly create new names every 5 minutes. It isn't hyperbole, it is seriously overrun

Just now, prink492 said:

Turn off faction chat. BOOM problem solved. Plus aren't there a lot of trolls on faction chat talking about nonsense? 

Well having all the chats to sell items without putting it in the market was nice... so turning off your chat doesn't solve anything... I would like to sell my items again..

This is the deal tho, I have block/reported bots since launch day.  Guess what tho, soon as I clear my list those very same bots are still present, meaning NCsoft has not banned their accounts.  Are "Real" reports even being generated or is that button ingame to make us believe NCsoft is actually looking into issues???  All in all NCsoft has been just plain pathetic at combating the gold seller issue.  

12 minutes ago, Praipus said:

it just feels like they aren't really TRYING to get rid of the gold spammers. there are so many ways they could do this, but instead they're just simply... going through the motions. trying to make it LOOK like they're doing something but not really... doing anything

To be fair, if they implement something, they want it to work 100%. Can't just write a code in a day and patch it willy nilly.

But with that said, it does look like one step forward, two steps back. And this isn't NC's first rodeo lol..

2 minutes ago, 882260_1452550489 said:

This is the deal tho, I have block/reported bots since launch day.  Guess what tho, soon as I clear my list those very same bots are still present, meaning NCsoft has not banned their accounts.  Are "Real" reports even being generated or is that button ingame to make us believe NCsoft is actually looking into issues???  All in all NCsoft has been just plain pathetic at combating the gold seller issue.  

Fairly certain some of the sites are bypassing the system somehow, you can't view their character info so it isn't unreasonable to suggest their IPs are masked as well. I'm not a programmer, but there were unblockable bots the past few days as well

The solution is not banning them, its imposible, they will come again, and again, and again with another account. And they will spam again his webpages which without any doubt, some people buy from them.

You can put a counter to ban them, but you will not remove them at all.

You can manually ban them, but they will come again with another account.

You can increase the level to use specific chats, this will force them to improve his levels.

And so on...

The solution is to not allow his spam (at least for chat, bots are a little more dificult to fight with), they uses patrons like 3W . XXXXXXXXXXX . COM  or  3W (DOT) XXXXXXX (DOT) COM

NCSoft should try to not let them, or make it so hard to form a sentence where you can read a webpage.

3 minutes ago, Graystone said:

To be fair, if they implement something, they want it to work 100%. Can't just write a code in a day and patch it willy nilly.

But with that said, it does look like one step forward, two steps back. And this isn't NC's first rodeo lol..

I wrote "a code" in literally 20 minutes that solved the botspam problem in Lineage II forever. And I'm not a genius, I just know how this shit works. Turns out since by doing that I broke the EULA, I'm not allowed to public the video in this forum.. benig a NCSoft game and all.

they have done nothing 

they know that having lvl 10 cap will not solve nothing

they did it on aion=nothing happened

they did it on lineage2 4 times so far=nothing happened

they wont ban premium accounts they never banned people who buy ncoins

they will probably not give us any increase on the blocklist 

IF bns eu was running from innova this would have not be happening right now 

• We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels
  • We have removed the level restriction to report a bot or spammer

they did try something, it just did not work, still massive amount of goldspammers in faction and group chat.

Archived