Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do we pay like 122 euro for playing without a normal faction chat........plzz do something about the fraking goldspammers.......ban the ........ for live.......its not the first time that you have to deal with them you saw them in Lineage,aion and so on.........so just get rid of them otherwise you wil lose a lot of normal players.

I regrat that i bought a premium pack.........with this amount of spams in the chat its not worth to pay 122 euros for it........and yes it screw up the gameplay bigtime

44 minutes ago, Etula said:

Based on the community's feedback, we have implemented the below highly requested features:

• We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels
  • We have removed the level restriction to report a bot or spammer

most of the spam bots are already level 15, this restriction isnt going to help, and reporting them hasnt done jack **** so far

I've got an idea. For mere $1.200 month, I'd sit down in my computer and ghostban every spammer I see, 8 hours a day, fixed salary, 12% increase per year, I'm from outside the US so you guys can just add money to my paypal account and it'll be fine, we're super corrupt here.

Please kill the Gold Spam, it is super annoying.

Why can we only block 50 players, I have had to MANUALLY clear my block list twice just to fill it up with gold spammers again.

Sadly, the best solution so far is custom window with system messages only. Yes, I am playing a massively solo player game due to this spam. 

Just kill the spam, then get the bots. 

44 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

Hello 

We all now can admit the huge problem we have with gold spam n bots.

As i recall in cbt there was curency exchange where u could seel ncoins for gold but now this option dont exist and suddenly all servers are full of spam for gold.

NC WEST why u dont take action?

Why u removed the curency exchange feture that could possibly be a solution on this problem cause ppl could sell ncoins to get gold n vice versa.

Could it be that those 2 facts are related bk to u? Hmm i dony want to believe that.

Bring bk currency exchange so ppl buy ncoins sell it for gold n ppl that are f2p get coins by selling gold .

This way ppl will buy ncoins from u.

The thing that currency exchange feture is disabled n gold spam makes me suspicious

Currency exchange isnt going to do anything...

Wildstar allows you to go through Carbine to buy in game currency with real money through the CREDD system, yet gold farmers/sellers are still there.  Havent played EVE online in a long time but i think they had gold farmers/spammers too and you can buy in game currency with real money through the PLEX system.  Gold spammers will even undercut Wildstar/EVE's fixed money>gold ratio.  These gold sellers are obviously not legit businesses.  A lot of them will take a "customer" and sell them gold and then they probably turn around and hack their account and take back the gold they sold AND take any additional gold.  So that kinda makes you wonder what other kinds of scams these gold seller sites are into.  Credit Card fraud maybe? identity theft?  maybe thats why they dont care about undercutting the CRED/PLEX > irl money conversion ratio by a huge margin because if they can get your credit card info or any other info then that would be considered a bigger prize then 10gold for 3.99 vs 10gold for 1.99 that they advertise. 

4 hours ago, Perhilion said:

They are using proxies and VPN so the IP ban does not work.

The NCSoft are actually banning people all the time who use WTFast or have highly dynamic IP for "Suspicious behaviour".

That has not slowed down these bots.

Even so, simply removing our block limit would help tremendously. Because I have no qualms sitting there blocking for 10 minutes

Just now, ForeverZero said:

Alright!  Dev's took one of my suggestions for the level 10 cap for region and faction chat!  I hope today to see less spammers :) and maybe have more discussions on Region and faction chat.

wont happen since lvl 15 is just like minutes and by the night we will see the swarm again flooding the chats..

Just before maintenance a spammer with a URL for a name was spamming in Bamboo Village Region and LFG. It wouldn't let me block them, I think because their name was a URL. My block list was almost full after 5min of being in Bamboo Village after doing the tutorial, but that wasn't why I couldn't block them. It was at like 45/50 and I tried to block someone with a name like "WWW.GOLDSPAM.COM" and it said "unable to block this person" who went on to spam constantly every second filling the chat with some 300+ messages. Mind you the URL was also in their text, but their actual name was a URL also. I need a bigger block list to hold all the faceroll spammer names. The gold spam is out of control :/

When I enter the lobby to queue a dungeon, that chat is always filled with spam. It won't let me report them, just block.

And thers's a lot of bots, I mean A LOT!

And please, if they do get banned, make it so it removes them from block lists automatically.

Is there a way to implement something like a word or phrase chat filter for players? if I can filter out any message that has, say, the words "www" or "cheapest gold" so they don't show up in my chat screen in the first place, then the bots can advertise all they want.

I think some kind of chat-restriction could ease the problem (Totally solve it? Meh..never gonna happen.) Blizzard made a nice-looking system against abusive and other way inappropriate chat users. If a player get reported "x"-time the account get a day mute, second time it's 2 days and so on...

Maybe NC should use this against users reported by players for spamming. (After 5-10 mute ban the acc. totally)

Don't think it would be hard implement a system like this.

Peace!

1 hour ago, jeinardako said:

they should put a chat limit like - if u send too much chat within a minute, u will get silenced for 10minutes. ive seen this kind of system in vindictus, it doesnt stop the spam botters, but it reduced their spamming to every 10minutes

they do though. bots come from China and other asian regions with massive ping, they are the main reason for queues and server instability.

buuuuuuut it's ncsoft one of the worst western ent company ever

Archived