Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2016 at 6:31 PM, Mew said:

Maybe they will officially respond but, most mmorpg's have gold sellers and no matter what GM's try to do to get rid of them they always find a way to spam and advertise the selling in the game. 

Its annoying as hell and they could do things like block parts of url's but that still wouldn't stop them from spamming your chat and there's so many bots spamming its almost unrealistic to think GM's can handle all of them and even if they do, they will just make new ones. They have gold spammers in all Blade and Soul regions :( 

If they have a new way of dealing with it, would be interesting to know. But, everything any mmorpg company has done so far hasn't been able to stop bots, they always find a way around it. 

Only thing that can't be worked around is removing all the chats, blocking any words related to selling or gold, or if people didn't actually buy gold. Of course, none of that is going to happen so its hard to handle the problem. 

It's very simple. IP ban them. Do it the first time and that's it. OR they could like...idk...remove our block list restriction. 

1 hour ago, Dakaran said:

Put anti spam policy and tools. Can't repeat text/enter text of the same nature/same exact words. The third time within 10 seconds sends the account a warning... on the second warning their account gets locked down/flagged/logged out automatically waiting for GM/staff review and permanent deletion!

It's funny, because I can see a bot spam forever and ever. But when I tried to spam something, after bout 6 messages it said I was squelched for almost 2 minutes. But they just keep going on and on and on, 

2 minutes ago, LilRed said:

It's very simple. IP ban them. Do it the first time and that's it. OR they could like...idk...remove our block list restriction. 

They are using proxies and VPN so the IP ban does not work.

The NCSoft are actually banning people all the time who use WTFast or have highly dynamic IP for "Suspicious behaviour".

That has not slowed down these bots.

If my block list is any indication i can unbanned 90% that were spamming faction chat because they were either level 1 or 4.Not bad in the short term so i'm calculating each gonna take at least a few hours if they want to level them to 10.Also 10 of my 50 are already deleted because when i click their name no profile. A step in the right direction.Now made a script and ban the hell of them.

I have some ideas to improve the chat problems-situation:

Finally Give us an endless blocklist.

Give us an option to choose sequences of letters WE CHOOSE INDIVIDUALLY to block.

99% of the spam is the same message, so block that sequence of letters will let us stop it for ourselves individually.

A level-restriction won't help AT ALL, since the spam will just hack through the requirement, as it is done now.

And I advice you to hurry up, or you will loose many potential customers.

Unless you like having more gold spammers than players, that is.

"

• We have added a level 10 or below chat restriction for Region, Faction and Party Finder Chat Channels

" that's nice and all...it'd be better if you raised that to 15. But it'd also be nice if you removed the block limit. I'd of preferred that over the lvl 10 chat restriction. At least in priority.  Also it's very tiring to report over 100 spammers a minute, you can't even report/block that many, but that's how many there are. And once you remove one, 3 takes its place. It's like ****ing Hydra!

I just have to LoL at the lvl 10 restriction.  Whoopadee*cricket*indoo.  We still have limited block space.  It took 4 days to make that "feature" obsolete, and essentially kill chat.  An MMO with zero communication.   Unreal.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but it's just amazing that there was no preparation for bots....at all...

You gave us a 50 slot list to block spammers.  Was this intentional?  Who thought this would be a good idea?  Like you're only get 50 spammers in the game per year/month/week/day???  How about per minute.  Here's a way to double the block list efficiency.  When a person blocks a spammer, the block affects the spammers account, not just the one name.

Seriously though, the changes you are making tomorrow, what is their purpose?  Because it seems extremely short-sighted.  Like, you might be buying 4 hours of usable chat time.  After all those bots are level 10, chat's dead forever.  Of all the games I've played, I've seen a few launches, and none of them were this bad.  That's too bad, but I hope you are able to do something about it.

27 minutes ago, Rancub said:

Hire people from your playerbase to ban chat spammers. We are willing to do it for free. Have an interview and look at player's ingame history to determine if they are eligible.

sadly i don't think that is good idea, people can act like good person, we going to find abuses soon or later, i'm pretty sure people will ban a guy called john cena in my server sometimes he spams things but he is fun lol

better to up the restriction to  lv 20, if i'm not wrong you need to be lv 8 to choose faction right? so i don't see the different, it could be fine to  join de faction but only see the chat until lv 20, i can be fine with that.

I think it's time to hire some guys for full time data entry. They just sit in servers and when they see spam they have a right click ban like we have a right click report. Their entire job is to sit there and ban these scum for all eternity.

Hey guys,

we played/watched this game since early beta. We had a lot of fun, but the bots spamming in the chats are TERRIBLE.

There are no chances of chatting or searching for group/clan member. Our blocklist was full in a few days. It's unbearable!

We decided to go back to The Elder Scrolls Online & are not planning to come back. NCSoft could have expected that.

So why is there a cap of 50 people for the blacklist?

Still hope NC is making changes as fast as possible

See you

Mady

1 minute ago, Yaviey said:

Hey Mady,

With tomorrow's patch we're introducing a few new ways to help control the spammers/bots. Take a look here: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/159277-scheduled-maintenance-%E2%80%93-1272016/. It's just a start but just know, we are taking this very seriously and we hope to see you back soon!

up the restriction to lv 17-20 please let us just join to the faction only and see the chat those are just like 30-40 min i have seen lv 10 bots out there, ban them using their ip not accounts/names, thank you guys.

3 minutes ago, Despondency said:

Elder Scrolls Online had this same issue, every MMO has this issue. The spambots will vanish after a while, but they cannot be removed with a click, that's a foolish thought.

They can be removed with a click, dude, you just got to know where to click.

Just now, IntX said:

You can (currently) block max 50 names ^^

Yeah, but that ain't the right place to click.

The right place to click is in the chat system source code, with a bunch of coding magic you can make those mother*cricket*ers dissapear in the same amount of time that takes you to go to the grocery store and back

8 minutes ago, Despondency said:

Elder Scrolls Online had this same issue, every MMO has this issue. The spambots will vanish after a while, but they cannot be removed with a click, that's a foolish thought.

You're remembering a completely different experience, ESO didn't have this wall of spam in every channel almost 

Archived