Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe an option like a "move to spam chat" filter would help? (implying they'd implement a spam filter) Like if you could right click the name that and the bots would just spam an invisible chat... (it wouldn't be blocking so no block limit)

or if the player could flag lines of text that would be automatically moved to a spam filter that would be good too...

I'm well aware of the presence of gold spammers and I'm wondering what's being done to counter them. For Archeage, they shut down character creation and started eliminating them one by one which worked... for about a day. I'd rather not see that happen personally, its really annoying and stops some players from coming into the game for various reasons.

I think one option would be to have a message pop up on the screen that says "don't do xxxxx activity." Make it very clear and visible so no one has the excuse, "I didn't see it." It could be, don't gather from a well for an hour or don't go into this particular dungeon (maybe with this particular class). These are two activities I've seen bots make their money but there is obviously more and if accounts are caught during the watch period, I'd say there is strong reasoning to consider them being bots.

Those are my thoughts on that but I'd also like to know exactly where gold is coming into the game for gold traders? Like I said, I've only seen bots running around for wells or destroyers piling up outside a dungeon in viridian but there is obviously more. Is bots crafting and selling their goods in the auction house be one? They would have to find the nodes though but I think that is possible since they have a static location. What else?

Guildworks for FFXIV had an elegant solution: a regexp-based proxied chat filter that intercepted incoming chat text before the client got it, and screened out anything that matched your regexp set. Having it detect URL components screened out just about every RMT spam that came along. Although Squeenix would ban people for even mentioning using it, it was worth the risk just for the chat filter.

4 minutes ago, Warturtle said:

Maybe an option like "move to spam chat" filter would help? Like if you could right click the name and click that and the bots would just spam an invisible chat... (it wouldn't be blocking so no block limit)

or if the player could flag lines of text that would be automatically moved to a spam filter that would be good too...

how about spam chat filiter where if someone repeats 10 of the same sentences in a row and it automatically gets flagged? i mean at this point any option is better then nothing

These *cricket* gold spammers are annoying the crap out of me. Seriously either increase our block list to infinite.

Or a better idea us real players should have the ability to delete a bot char by having 3 or more players report spam on that bot.

6 minutes ago, Sang said:

how about spam chat filiter where if someone repeats 10 of the same sentences in a row and it automatically gets flagged? i mean at this point any option is better then nothing

7 minutes ago, ActiumPraetor said:

Guildworks for FFXIV had an elegant solution: a regexp-based proxied chat filter that intercepted incoming chat text before the client got it, and screened out anything that matched your regexp set. Having it detect URL components screened out just about every RMT spam that came along. Although Squeenix would ban people for even mentioning using it, it was worth the risk just for the chat filter.

Both work. We really do need something; this madness is driving me insane. 

Bots are now figuring out a way to go around with the blocks. This Ayumegames bot is unblockable and no its not because the block list is full because 20 people have reported that they cant report or block him my block list is 5 and I cant block a bot??

2 minutes ago, Unkept said:

Are they up? Where are they?

Only been in B&S for a few days at the time of this post xD

They are under the first forum above General Discussion :) Says today's date and Maintenance :) I'm sure not all issues are being addressed, but a big one is :) 

2 hours ago, 882260_1452550489 said:

This will reach 100 pages before Gm's even give an update on their end, seriously unsocial incompetent ppl at NCsoft been in business how long and still haven't learned.

Go to their twitter....

15 minutes ago, asmariya said:

Look at the patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance and you will know. :) 

well, i guess we'll see if the lvl 10 cap is enough. it just slows them down tbh /prays

(might as well make it so that they must defeat pokey too)

On 18/01/2016 at 11:27 PM, Youmukon said:

Hello!

Just to let everyone know, our team is fully aware about the RMT/Goldsellers spam going on and we are currently working on countermeasures to reduce the inconvenience it causes to players.

In the meantime please keep reporting bots by either using the in-game report feature or by submitting a ticket (Report Player > "They were trying to sell gold by spamming chat".), these reports greatly help our team to identify and removes bots from the game.

Thanks again!

Forget about slowing them... get them out, annihilate them and destroy their accounts! >_< I'll help ya on my server NP! =p 

Put anti spam policy and tools. Can't repeat text/enter text of the same nature/same exact words. The third time within 10 seconds sends the account a warning... on the second warning their account gets locked down/flagged/logged out automatically waiting for GM/staff review and permanent deletion!

Well then... I know this has been a problem, but when I have to block over 50 new bots within the time span of 15-20 minutes,

I think it might be a bit outta hand.

I was blocking and reporting them for a while, but after a small moment of silence, another 3-4 take their place, making this a pointless struggle.

I feel that if I wait for some great solution to this problem, it would just result in never playing this game ever again, which would be really

unfortunate because I find this game quite fun.

Also, a suggestion others may have mentioned. If we're reporting a player as a bot, they should be automatically be added to our own

blocked players list (which should be way larger).

Again, doesn't solve the problem, but its a band-aid to this gaping wound of a problem. But till there's a better solution, I'll be off this game for a while.

this is what i was thinking to reduce if bots cant glide from point A to B well have 3 islands leveled  but you and learning how to glide i know this is not really a mmo type of idea but i think it will help reduce bots lets say a pathway takes 10sec to beat from point A-B if it's beaten by 5s it should be flagged for cheating pathway leads to imgure image that i created with paint and it's very very cheesy

I am glad they are doing some measures to combat the gold spammers, and for the most part I was getting bye by blocking them as they appear.

However recently one of them used their website as their character name...   the whole url and all.   When you go to block a name that is literally a url, the system will give you an error and not able to block the spammer.         So that is a bit annoying.

Yeah... the bot spammers have rendered Faction chat pretty much unusable. I don't even have it tabbed anymore. So much spam going on. I block/report about 5-10, and like clockwork, 5 more take their place in the span of literally 1minute. It's insanely ridiculous. I have never seen bot spammers go this wild. Do what Aion does, if you spam chat you get a temporary chat ban or something.

This is really getting out of hand. Last week it was maybe a handful a day when you logged in.. now I have burned through my block list (only 50 really?) and am still getting spammed heavily.. by the same accounts. There is really nothing to stop this? at least mute somebody in a chat  if they are posting that much in chat in a certain amount of time. This shouldn't be a hard thing to stop. 

Archived