Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • NCSOFT
26 minutes ago, DerpusVonHerpus said:

There's a spammer with a url as a name. When I try to block and report spam, the game tells me "failed to block target". My block list is not full... What's going on? I thought you cant add periods in your name....

DUmp2Eo.png

We're currently working hard on getting to the bottom of how these users are getting past the Report feature and we will keep you posted with any available updates. In the meantime, these players can be reported through a ticket on the support site and this will help the team be able to investigate each individual case. https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us

Thank you so much for your assistance in this matter.

6 minutes ago, Torwyn said:

They're, 'looking into it' but until then block every channel or don't play.

What a solution eh?

Basically the gist of it. Cerulean Chat has been bogged down for hours. Now Crimson is starting to experience the 2 minute surge. Up until yesterday, we'd get a couple gold spammers in chat sure, but you report and block, followed by peace and quite for a couple hours. Now, they're popping up every 2 minutes. Block a couple, chat dies down, everyone is contemplating how annoying this is, then 5 new gold spammers pop up spamming. Every chat is turned off now except clan chat. This is ridiculous. What good is an MMO when you can't communicate?

This is a serious issue in the game. I have had to turn off multiple channels that allow me to communicate with other players because of this gold spam. My block list is full, and deleting people from the list just allows them to continue to spam. Almost none, possibly none, of the spammers on my block list have been banned as they showed back up once I cleared my list. 

I have read that something is in the works to deal with the RMT and block list issue, but it needs to come sooner than later. It also needs to include some sort of spam filter that automatically suspends accounts for sending too many messages to chat within a set amount of time. Not being able to use faction, read anything in party finder, in dungeon lobby, or in pvp lobby is just ridiculous, and making the game much less enjoyable. 

How old is BnS now? 5 years? 4 years? Certainly long enough to hack the code, even old enough to hack the most recent code being used in Korea. Gold spammers don NOT use the game client. They use software specifically created to hack the current server chat function, just like bots use software created to bypass the game client software. Old software is going to be hacked, there's no way around it when goldsellers have funds a hundred times or more than the publisher does. All the publisher can do is have in game employees blocking/banning bots on a 24/7 basis.

It's not fiscally possible for NCSoft, and they won't implement it. All they will do is ask for a software update, that has already been hacked as well. So, you either live with the spammers and bots, or you go somewhere else, where thegame  software hasn't been hacked yet, or the game doesn't rely on a monetary/market system.

Just now, Takala said:

why is there no ingame GM?

That is a damned good point. Just having 1 in game gm per server that could ban accounts would clear up chat a lot until the get whatever systems in place. It wouldn't have to be a permanent position, but a good stop gap to make costumers happy in the meantime. 

9 minutes ago, Akari said:

How old is BnS now? 5 years? 4 years? Certainly long enough to hack the code, even old enough to hack the most recent code being used in Korea. Gold spammers don NOT use the game client. They use software specifically created to hack the current server chat function, just like bots use software created to bypass the game client software. Old software is going to be hacked, there's no way around it when goldsellers have funds a hundred times or more than the publisher does. All the publisher can do is have in game employees blocking/banning bots on a 24/7 basis.

It's not fiscally possible for NCSoft, and they won't implement it. All they will do is ask for a software update, that has already been hacked as well. So, you either live with the spammers and bots, or you go somewhere else, where thegame  software hasn't been hacked yet, or the game doesn't rely on a monetary/market system.

Looks like this game is gonna die just like all the others because they refuse to spend money to make more money. 

I've been playing this game for only a few hours and I am already at my 50 block limit. It was like I blocked a ton of them and thought it was good, 5 minutes later there is more of them. They are like roaches infesting this game. This is a great game please don't let them ruin it. I cannot invest in a game that is going to be riddled with spamming bots and I am sure many others feel the same. Do not end up like Archage, a great game devoured by bots.

This is getting out of hand now. It used to be i could report/block these gold sellers and i'd be good for an hour or so.

Starting just today? Literally worked for 3 minutes (yes i timed it) before my chat started flooding again.

How to kill the gold spammers:

1. BRING BACK THE DAMN CURRENCY EXCHANGE.

2. have ACTIVE ADMINS on every server. "oh there's a gold bot? *account ban*" herpa derp DONE. you have the manpower, use it. it doesnt take a lot to do this. you have what? 10 servers? (guessing, not looking it up) thats 10 people to keep an eye on things at all times. this is NOT a lot to ask for. hell. im sure you'd have volunteers that would do it for freaking free!!

Just now, Dawnmyst said:

For a temporary solution turn off region chat in the chat tab options. Then you can still have all the rest.

No longer an option on Old Man Cho. Faction, Region, Party Finder, Arena chats, are all spam infested. Only chat I have open now is Clan chat. It's a very sad state at the moment.

Just now, Silverwebb said:

oh god, NC soft, please do something with gold spammers.... 100+ gold spammers on Poharen! Block list is only 50. Faction chat is so full of them.

Clear your block list and start again. That's literally the only thing you can do other then log out and uninstall BnS or ignore chat completely. 

I think one way to limit this is to make sure that the following are already implemented by the NCSoft programmers. You have to know your enemy to be able to beat them (Gold Sellers).

What do we know ?

1) The sellers advertise www and .com  (or some variation thereof ) in their names

2) They send multiple messages within a small window of time.  They advertise hard !

3) They are usually under level 30

4) They are coming from specific regions 

5) Humans dont send more than a certain # of messages within a certain timeframe (e.g 5mins , 20mins)

6) Humans will comply if warned about a possible violation of TOS, rules.

So this is what we implement  / modify.

1) Use the existing censorship filter and modify it.  To ALSO look for spaces in www and things like "C  O  M "   or   "c0M". 

2) Use existing AFK timer and modify it so that if the # of messages within a certain timeframe exceed a certain limit - then implement a level X kick. which is waiting out for 30mins or more. Repeat offence results in exponentially higher block time.then IP Block for 30mins   --> 360mins ---> 9999mins, etc. Ultimately leading to an IP/Region Block.

3) If you have a LIMIT of anything that is critical - then you will manage its usage. So we limit the amount of things you can say, based on your level. So level 1-20  have a 30 message per hour limit for posting to specific channels. 

4) Have Players  level up a bit before different chat options open up to them.  So only chat/say/whisper available  to under Level 25 for example .

Just some ideas I thought we could revisit.

3 minutes ago, Drakeos99 said:

It's acually faction chat maybe increase level to 30+ 

Careful, all the liberals who think that botting and spammers are the same program under the same account will try to think they know what they're talking about. Yeah, because they don't have mule accounts, because they're that dumb enough to spam on their account with their supplies. That's like the Drug king pin selling his supply directly (after they made it to the top) nowadays vs their pushers they hire.... Simple risk vs reward. Get the patsy to take the fall.

Archived