Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

Dear NCSOFT

i understand  from man-power you can't check everything in server so Would you guys plz create some system like if player get report bot / spam   from xx player in xx mins . they will get ban from chat xx hours( get kick from server in xx hours that will be perfect).

because now spam selling gold is more than block list. it will ruin your game .

Anybody has another idea plz share.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Kanosaki said:

And if me and my clan hates someone, he's gonna get muted forever. 
just be patience as they're attempting to combat the problem.
It takes time to rebuild a system and then test and make sure it works

How many are in your clan?

On 1/24/2016 at 3:09 PM, enem said:

hang on..

how long has NCSoft been in the MMO business?

how come after all these years do you not have strategies and systems in place today to deal with it? I mean yes this is the NA/EU release of BnS but the game has been out in other regions for years, so why are we seeing day-one first-mmo type problems? It's truly bizarre.

Why are we not seeing radically different approaches to solving this problem? In all other MMO's i've played reporting is a poor way to clear out gold selling. Other options such as limiting access to chat also don't really work (either through level requirements or regex based detection and filtering.) - spammers find ways around this. Out of all of them I find Black Desert Online's approach at least interesting - there it uses an energy resource to type in global chat. this resource is also used for crafting and gathering so it's limited and regens slowly. Yes it means it's difficult for people to help and answer questions for an extended period of time but it might work there as it's not a free to play game so spammers cant just keep making new characters.

So, Blade & Soul - If your only way to combat goldseller spam is player reporting (crowdsourcing)  then give us the reporting options at all levels in all types of chat! For example low level players cannot appear to report spammers or bots when using the Esc-Character menu in game. Also there is no way at low levels of reporting people using the Party Announce to spam gold adverts in chat - the right-click option has no Report feature available. (each of these I've submitted tickets for btw)

Increasing the blocklist is treating the symptoms, not fixing the cause. However, if this is the only way you see players as being able to protect yourself then add functionality to the blocklist. for example:

• allow us to annotate a blocked player so we can describe why they were blocked - I'm more often blocking people that spout racist and bigoted garbage in chat and have no need to remove them ever, but being able to clear my list of spammers now and then would be useful
  • give us more Block menu options such as (Report and Block for spam) and then annotate this blocked player for us automatically - or hell just make a (Block Temporarily) option which adds them to a list for 30 days or something.
  • allow for shared blocklists we can subscribe to - perhaps make it a guild feature :) though i guess this can be abused. but basically I want the benefit of the crowdsourcing you are so keen to use as a way to combat spam. Let me select a threshold say like 20 reports. Any player that is reported for spam more than that number of times is auto-silenced in my chats without the need for me to actively have them on a block list. I shouldn't have to wait until a GM has verified or actioned a ticket or a thousand reports. By the time it's done the gold sellers have moved on to a new character, and we need the benefit of the silencing now!

Anyhoo - back to the game and back to having all public-type chat removed from my panel since goldselling spam is so rife. FWIW I had a tonne of fun playing on one of the new servers yesterday where there were no gold selling chat spams - and people were asking questions (and being racist) and trying to trade gear and it was what a community supposed to be. entertaining. 

Don't you love how they completely ignore you because valid reasons. This will be my last time, since I payed for the premium for a year on top of a master pack I will be around for at least that long. They always promise to deal with it, to this day, nothing has changed. 

Actions speak louder than words..

And the reporting only works if they act on it. It's basically just a function button to pacify the playerbase.

raising the block limit won't do anything because today they have literally been making new bots every 2 minutes it seems. i blocked 5...10 more showed up within minutes. idk what it is about today but yeah they are pretty relentless.

22 minutes ago, GenesisAria said:

No, one GM that goes from server to server would be better than nothing.  If they're IP banned (or MAC banned), they won't keep sprouting with new key mashed names, because they'd actually be forced to move house if they wanted to keep spamming.

NCsoft -> YOU'RE GONNA LOSE BUSINESS OVER THIS CUZ PEOPLE GONNA GET TIRED OF IT.

People don't wanna put money into things that are not enjoyable because they're poorly maintained.  People throw a few bucks at something that might be broken, not hundreds.

It really is like a chat DDoS

I'm already over it.

Thought of a idea how to fix the gold spamming. How about making a program once  account is banned for gold selling sends a code into the games program files so it wont let you on that computer to create another account under a new email or ip address. That way they cant just keep making new accounts on the same computers. It also stop them from gold spamming on other NCSoft games.

Is horrible those goldspammer on faction chat, you can't even talk anymore.. I blocked 50 and still have lots of them spamming on faction chat. I can't ask a question, talk to anyone because the spam is just CRAZY!

You guys need to do something about it fast, it's been so long that I don't see a nice community of players in a game like in BnS, but the spammers are killing it. :/

4 minutes ago, Sylla said:

How many are in your clan?

Does it matter?
If you set X to a high number, this won't get abused easily but bot can't get muted.
If you set X to a low number, this will get abused easily making it counter productive for what it's supposed to do.
If you set X to the right number, if you can find it, it'll still be too high to have enough report to mute a bot because not all user give a shit about doing something to help against bots.

There's someone spamming their gold website in the party planner so I naturally right clicked and hit block. I got the message, Could not block player. So I look in my list of blocked players, 9/50, or not full. So I type in the name to block the player and as soon as I hit the period in the name the confirm button is greyed out.

q9bKQD0.jpg

2 minutes ago, Kanosaki said:

Does it matter?
If you set X to a high number, this won't get abused easily but bot can't get muted.
If you set X to a low number, this will get abused easily making it counter productive for what it's supposed to do.
If you set X to the right number, if you can find it, it'll still be too high to have enough report to mute a bot because not all user give a shit about doing something to help against bots.

Thats a good point. Thats why we cant have good thing, because people like you.

Here are some cool ideas about that topic.

1. Chat restriction untill lvl 15

2. Delete spam named players

Yeah, i thought about it. But when you finish blackram pirates, not by lvl.

Deleting spam names is also a good idea.

On 1/18/2016 at 11:27 PM, Youmukon said:

Hello!

Just to let everyone know, our team is fully aware about the RMT/Goldsellers spam going on and we are currently working on countermeasures to reduce the inconvenience it causes to players.

In the meantime please keep reporting bots by either using the in-game report feature or by submitting a ticket (Report Player > "They were trying to sell gold by spamming chat".), these reports greatly help our team to identify and removes bots from the game.

Thanks again!

This was 9 days ago..... and it is only getting worse.

They found ways to make it unblock able or the blocklist gets full, and even if you manage to block 1, 2 new ones will appear.

As far as i know CHAT is a key tool in any MMO and due to gold spammers this became unusable as we can't communicate with each other.

So dear GM's after a rough start somewhat difficult launch and the ques this game had now the next problem is to get rid of gold spammers

Also, who's bright idea was it to make the block list 50 players max ???? seriously ???

Reviews already state the game isn't that good due to long ques, now we can add goldspamming to that aswell ~.^ 

1 minute ago, Selene said:

So they are spamming gold msgs and we are spamming threads to stop the gold msgs.. uhh smh

Spamming Till NCSoft consider this as big issue. I sent ticket to them but they just auto reply me a formal but useless messages.

Just now, Narzac said:

Spamming Till NCSoft consider this as big issue. I sent ticket to them but they just auto reply me a formal but useless messages.

Pretty sure they already know its big issue, dunno why or what they are doing, but spamming a thread every 10 mins not going to help.

Hey guys, love the game, combat is fun, quests are a little meh, but i have also not been paying any attention to them so it is to be expected. I do have a word of warning for you though...FIX THE BOTS!!! if it is literally impossible to be able to chat with anything other than clan chat active, you are going to lose players left and right. No other game that I have played has gold sellers like this. I get that gold sellers will be an issue in every mmo, P2P games included. What we have on BnS, however, is unacceptable and insane. Six seconds, with a full size chat bar, was all it took to push the chat log past a message. This is all thanks to...wait for it...GOLD SELLERS. Oh, and I also want to mention, that was with ONLY the party finder chat active for the gold spammers, since they aren't using PM's, which I also have sectioned off into another tab. I gets worse the more chats you have active. forget saying ANYTHING if you have region and faction chat active as well.

41 minutes ago, Kanosaki said:

And if me and my clan hates someone, he's gonna get muted forever. 
just be patience as they're attempting to combat the problem.
It takes time to rebuild a system and then test and make sure it works

At that point the player who got muted by an abusive clan/group just needs to open a ticket for abuse. The chats they led to the original target getting muted will be investigated and if it turns out that it was not offensive then the player will be unmuted. Repeat offenses by the same clan/group will be warned and then banned. Griefers need to be policed just as spammers and bots.

Just because some cops abuse their powers does that mean we should get rid of them altogether? No. Let us as a community police ourselves so that we can get rid of the spammer problem ourselves. There will be a much smaller number of people who abuse this system than the number of gold spammers.

4 minutes ago, hynaku said:

Thought of a idea how to fix the gold spamming. How about making a program once and account is banned for gold selling sends a code into the games program file so it wont let you on that pc create another account under a new email or ip address. That way they cant just keep making new accounts on the same computers.

Please take a few programming classes before suggesting such idea.

Doing so is considered the same as installing a rootkit on the user's device

It should be an easy way to fix it by restricting fraction chat to be only available players who have done a specific quest (a quest about lv 20/25, you wont need so much fraction chat till then anyways). So bots can't farm themselves up to the needed level, and even if they do it would take a considerable amount of time and banning them would be much more effective.

Archived