Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

they did that in lineage2 and it didint worked,  ( certain lvl chat restrictions )

so yeah, good luck,

they need more active staff members to actually bann that kind of accounts, no other way to remove/reduce them

making legit people suffer more coz of gold sellers/bots isnt the way to do so.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gotten Gold Spammers that you CAN'T blog on my end. It's horribly annoying, and it makes it impossible to see if anyone's actually talking at all with how frequent it is. It's sad to see this much spam in the chats, let alone make it a pain to play at all. 

It's not as bad as it got to crashing a chat, but it's practically impossible to communicate. This is getting ridiculous. I know your frustration.

They are now whisper spamming you to if they catch your name on screen.  

NCsoft you guys better have something to really combat this problem within a week, cuz wtf is the point of the chat function a core mechanic of the game if legit players cant even use it.  Might aswell make this game singleplayer/solo only.

Will spread the word via social media of NCsoft and their incompetence.

This is beyond fking stupid... I log in and can't see LFP or Faction chats because there's so many sellers that my chat is scrolling nonstop and faster than i could even catch up if i were to go to the top and try getting to the bottom with mouse wheel and not hitting the bottom button.

Now we can't even block them if they manage to hack periods into their names like this AYWGAMES buttface.  Plus they seem to spam nonstop without any spam auto-restrict.

START IP BANNING THESE GUYS.

I've literally logged in for 10 minutes and filled my 50 block rate and there are STILL more gold spammers popping up.

NCSoft literally please do something about it. It's making this game virtually awful because I can never communicate with my faction or even find a party with the gold bots there.

spammer alred kill the chat but. the bot of them are the worst problem, a alternative until a official solution...

1GM online banning each spammer on chat by ip.

make this for an hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon... in 3 days, they will have exhausted the ip range of its ISP and bots disappear...

but it will not happen ... some spammer I denounced a week ago, are still online.

I do not believe that the staff cares about them.

2 minutes ago, Becq said:

spammer alred kill the chat but. the bot of them are the worst problem, a alternative until a official solution...

1GM online banning each spammer on chat by ip.

make this for an hour in the morning and one hour in the afternoon... in 3 days, they will have exhausted the ip range of its ISP and bots disappear...

but it will not happen ... some spammer I denounced a week ago, are still online.

I do not believe that the staff cares about them.

Costs to much, plus they would need like 20-30 Gm's online for how many servers they have.

No, one GM that goes from server to server would be better than nothing.  If they're IP banned (or MAC banned), they won't keep sprouting with new key mashed names, because they'd actually be forced to move house if they wanted to keep spamming.

NCsoft -> YOU'RE GONNA LOSE BUSINESS OVER THIS CUZ PEOPLE GONNA GET TIRED OF IT.

People don't wanna put money into things that are not enjoyable because they're poorly maintained.  People throw a few bucks at something that might be broken, not hundreds.

It really is like a chat DDoS

There's someone spamming their gold website in the party planner so I naturally right clicked and hit block. I got the message, Could not block player. So I look in my list of blocked players, 9/50, or not full. So I type in the name to block the player and as soon as I hit the period in the name the confirm button is greyed out.

q9bKQD0.jpg

Just tried the Report/Block, and it gives the same error.

Also, he shouldn't be able to use periods in his name should he? If so than he is masking the name somehow, wchich would explain why we can't block. Correct me if I'm wrong though

You cannot do shit in chat anywhere every place, Arena, Faction, all those places simply LOGIN and see for yourself admin! Not hard to ban... You need video proof? Well I got that on my stream daily. Your game launch has been great and so has the game but now the gold spammers have literally taken over your game. I am sure most of everyone would agree. Raise the block limit or ban the bots.

Archived