Forums

Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agreed with the chat level restrictions. The next move will be to see how many bots are botting in maps *lol*

Inb4 instant level hacks. GG.
That's why I wish the game was P2P with a once-time-payment system. The price for Ultimate premium is already that high and people are willing to pay for it. $20-30 for the game seems pretty reasonable. 

Ok, patience is gone now.  I cleared my block list yesterday and have been reblocking as I see them.  It's already full again and there's still another dozen or so of them constantly spamming faction chat, which is now totally unusable because of the constant wall of spam.

You need to start banning them faster and add something to keep them from the constant spam, you shouldn't be able to send that many messages that fast.  

1 minute ago, Jyns said:

ExI agreed with the chat level restrictions. The next move will be to see how many bots are botting in maps *lol*

That's why I wish the game was P2P with a once-time-payment system. The price for Ultimate premium is already that high and people are willing to pay for it. $20-30 for the game seems pretty reasonable. 

Exactly, I pay for premium how about a premium chat? I guess they will spam there too eventually.

Just now, hase said:

faction chat is bae for me, all the jokes and all kind of topic, it's better than doing facebook, it was so good until bots appear ; __ ;

Yeah. I'm a quiet person, so as much as I planned on getting more involved with faction chat, I was holding off. The conversations were amusing to read, though, and seeing as WPvP is a part of current endgame, players should be able to use the function as intended (socialize with fellow faction-members, request help for faction related content, etc..). 

The current situation sucks, but there isn't much that can be done atm.

I know when FF14 first launched, gold-spammers were a problem for awhile until they got things decently under control (still isn't gone but it's definitely bearable). It wasn't as bad as this, though, but I guess we just need to be patient for awhile longer (as much as patience is beginning to wear thin for some).

54 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Everyone needs to understand there is not a "FIX IT" Button they can press. It is a process, one that was probably already in the works, even before official release. 

PATIENCE!

This is a game which has been launched in Korea and Japan years ago. There is always a fix. Everyone understands there is no "fix it" button.

But unless Devs starts giving a solution fast, they are going to loose a crazy amount of people.

Just now, nanatsuya said:

they need a solution to make it harder to get new accounts. when they can't get accounts that easy they can be exterminated :o even our f2p friends were willing to pay a little to get rid of these *peeeeeeep*

When i unblock my previously blocked spammers, I can see them still spamming happily.

So, allowing not to create accounts is not a solution.

NCsoft lacks communications skills, heck this is gonna be 2016's worst game launch just like how EstSoft took the cake with Cabal 2, following in the footsteps I guess.  Chat is basically useless as every second a bot/goldseller spams, cant even read anything from legit players.   A core mechanic of the game is gone all because of NCsoft's incompetence.

Just to show incompetence, just look at these forums not even a search function...really who builds a forum without a search function...only incompetent ppl.

Just now, Galadriel said:

When i unblock my previously blocked spammers, I can see them still spamming happily.

So, allowing not to create accounts is not a solution.

One solution could be how Twitch has r9k(Robot 9000) mode where you can't send a message that isn't unique twice in a row. This could atleast limit how many times they spam, not a permanent fix but something to consider.

Agree, it's getting to a point the blocklist is useless since the bots seem to literally change every 30 seconds and no matter how many you block you still get spammed. Most of the chat channels are almost useless because the spam travels so fast it drowns out any player chat, i got that fed up i ended up disabling most of them.

before I start, I'd like to point out that item/gold trade is officially allowed in South Korea. If I remember correctly, BnS is officially sponsoring a place called ItemBay which is item/gold seller. 

Suggestion for dealing with Gold Sellers:

1. level cap for faction chat - level 10+ will be able to choose the factions and join the chat. 

2. increase block list cap to unlimited

3. implement captcha

4. put a little map just for newbies where they can level up to 5 and move onto real story line - Just like Guild Wars 1 where starting area is separated from real world. 

just several thoughts. 

btw, please make it happen really fast. I had to disable faction chat yesterday after being bombarded with gold sellers. (Party chat has been disabled since 1st day launch)

200 isn't enough. This is the reason why all ncsoft games go free to play then eventually fail and lose all their customers. Bots, spammers and just incompetence.  Any chat but group chat is out of the question now. Even if you manage to block enough to see anything no one else is seeing it cuz their block list is full. Ncsoft has to be in on this somehow because why would they limit the block list to 50 and not hire one PERSON to log in and start cleaning it up. They can't afford one person?! So sick of ncsoft I wish they didn't get their hands on such great games cuz they are such useless idiots.  L2 was such a perfect game and needed minor fixes and they screwed that up beyond recognition. Now there are bots u cant block even if your block list isn't full. It's just a mess and such an easy fix. Again the reason why wow is successful in america and every korean/ncsoft mmo fails hard. Just give it a week till people get sick of this and then half the server drops and ncsoft decides to log on like the slackers they are and put a bandaid on a severed head. When the community dies they try and do something.. same with Lineage2, Same with Aion.

What gold sellers looking for? bigger advertise rage....

why don't you Limit LFG/Region/Function and any other ranged chat to lvl 15+ or so... its not that big issue to reach that lvl.

sametime whylvl 1-2-3-4-5 players can even access cross ream zone? this is another strategy advertice location, limit to lvl 15 aswel..:

image.png

Faction, party finder, cross server dungeon lobbies.. They're all a constant wall of spam.  I just cleared my list again after I posted, it's already full and didn't stop the constant spam.  They must be scripting new character creation because new names are popping up constantly.

18 minutes ago, Jyns said:

The next move will be to see how many bots are botting in maps *lol*

DB82HZg.jpgwho said bots? I only see 5123 destroyers with the same gear and all named the same, doing the same things and teleporting through the map!

So far, Gold Advertising Spammers were bad in this game..but somewhat manageable with clearing one's block list and then blocking / reporting all new ones on a daily basis.  This let reasonable and NECESSARY communication occur in your PVP faction chat, if nowhere else.  

Today however it is extremely bad.  I cleared my block list and then started to block / report all the spammers in Faction chat.  I completely filled the 50 account limit in less than 8 mins...and there were still a multitude of spammers flooding the chat.  This has made communication with other players in this game completely impossible....and if not corrected within short order, it will cause an exodus of paying customers...like me.

Archived