Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Ntruder said:

PLEASE DO SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY ABOUT THESE GOLD SELLING BOTS THAT SPAM EVERY CHANNEL ALL DAY LONG.. NOT ONLY ARE THEY CLOGGING UP EVERY CHAT CHANNEL BUT THEY'RE ALSO "ID ASSUME" A BIG PROBLEM WITH THE SERVERS BEING OVER POPULATED RESULTING IN CRAZY ASS LOGIN QUEUE !!!!    FIX IT PLZ!!!!!!

So, a forum mod has moved the thread I started to this long threat,

We need action. Not house keeping on forums.

As a limited time precaution, please impose a chat supression if someone say the same thing for more than 5 times or something.

I do understand Devs have lot of stuff to do like server issues. But please do even a small fix before this gets out of hand.

We rant on forums because we care about the game.

12 minutes ago, Ntruder said:

PLEASE DO SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY ABOUT THESE GOLD SELLING BOTS THAT SPAM EVERY CHANNEL ALL DAY LONG.. NOT ONLY ARE THEY CLOGGING UP EVERY CHAT CHANNEL BUT THEY'RE ALSO "ID ASSUME" A BIG PROBLEM WITH THE SERVERS BEING OVER POPULATED RESULTING IN CRAZY ASS LOGIN QUEUE !!!!    FIX IT PLZ!!!!!!

WOW easy there homeslice :D

Will there really is only one reason.

IT called BOTS mainly the gold spamming bots. They are ruining the game for me.

I have deleted my 50 list and re-blocked everyone today and my page still moving with spam faster then i can read.

NcSoft say they are working on it and it their top priority. But i do not see this.

If you all are at least increase the block to 300 or unlimited or something. Then work on solution on how to deal with them. Like making captchas/bottests at character creation. Or put something like captcha  in that we must us as part of login. IT will be annoying but i am sure most of us will deal with it if it helps with the spam.  but a chat timer in the game. Chat ban message that repeat them self in every 5min or something.

There should already be patch coming out to deal with this problem if it top priority .

i dont really care about faction or region chat and this spam,they will eventually expand the block list,but worst thing is the streamers that promote the gold selling sites,can we please do massive report on them so they will get banned or something?

It's not that complicated. Chat is 100% useless now. Just make it level 16 or something before able to use certain chats. If a gold spammer wants to spend that time grinding out levels then they have a lot more to lose with a ban. There will be far fewer of them and super simple to keep those numbers down. It would be great to be able to have a social experience in an MMO :/

Just now, phinders said:

make a new channel that removes party finder and faction chat and they go away. 

that good idea accept then u dont meet new people and cant chat with people except your own clan...if you have a good one.

the spam is so bad now playing a assassin half of the time is pretty much impossible stutter from server spam makes your skills jump or not even register the key that you are pressing game is getting unplayable with most characters something needs to be done asap NCSOFT otherwise you wont need to create new servers you will be going through the process of merging / deleting servers within a side of a month the player base will be gold sellers start hardware banging these idiots before its to late. p.s wtf is with my name on this forum lol

On 1/18/2016 at 6:39 PM, truecrisis said:

I only wish they would have an auto ban system where if enough people report the user, it will suspend their account. This actually wont help with spammers, but will help with botters.

I do know that they did something with it this time, by preventing many actions up until lvl 15. So, hopefully you will see it less and less as you make your way to the end of the game and go into areas only available to higher levels.

No, dumb idea.

On 1/18/2016 at 6:31 PM, Mew said:

Maybe they will officially respond but, most mmorpg's have gold sellers and no matter what GM's try to do to get rid of them they always find a way to spam and advertise the selling in the game. 

Its annoying as hell and they could do things like block parts of url's but that still wouldn't stop them from spamming your chat and there's so many bots spamming its almost unrealistic to think GM's can handle all of them and even if they do, they will just make new ones. They have gold spammers in all Blade and Soul regions :( 

If they have a new way of dealing with it, would be interesting to know. But, everything any mmorpg company has done so far hasn't been able to stop bots, they always find a way around it. 

Only thing that can't be worked around is removing all the chats, blocking any words related to selling or gold, or if people didn't actually buy gold. Of course, none of that is going to happen so its hard to handle the problem. 

Wow this is so false I am dying of laughter. I assume you don't play MMO's after a few months of launch. ESO SWTOR, GW2 and Tera are mmos I can name right now, who got rid of bot spammers. Go ahead, log in and watch the chats. so this whole "Every MMO has bot spammers and it can't be stopped" is beyond false.  And 2 of those are "f2p" models. So either these games have sacrificed their souls to a demonic entity who devours gold spammers, or they found away. 

Also using the argument "They always get around" is beyond flawed. Minus the fact that getting rid of them IS possible. So because it can't be stopped no point in limiting it? In no other example in human life would you apply such a logic. Be it theives, Pedophiles, Murderers, Gangs, Illegal trafficking, Dictatorships, racial insensitivites, Political Corruption, EA/Ubisoft ect...

So download Tera, stare at the chat logs and send me a video or screen capture of a gold bot spamming post. Because in my two years there before BNS, I never saw it once.

EDIT: Oh and BTW they don't have a (At elast appearent) "security program"

Archived