Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

1 minute ago, Hoopla said:

All these top viewed streamers that are promoting gold selling sites should be perma banned from the game period.

But NCsoft won't do that because they want these guys to promote their game lmao.

wait what? D8 streamers promoting gold selling sites??????????

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Galadriel said:

Yeah, this is True. Check on twitch right now.

I don't know what channels to check for because I don't really go on twitch nor do I know who is popular. But thats awful :/ Are they promoting it like "go buy gold here" ??? Because thats seriously *cricket*ed. I love this game so much and it makes me sad to see how its turning out with all of these bots

Just now, 846806_1452550169 said:

I don't know what channels to check for because I don't really go on twitch nor do I know who is popular. But thats awful :/ Are they promoting it like "go buy gold here" ??? Because thats seriously *cricket*ed. I love this game so much and it makes me sad to see how its turning out with all of these bots

They have a big advertisement which says about the site and they give a coupon code. /facepalm

They are now finding ways so we can't block them. On old man cho server (don't know about the others) there is a bot called WWW.AYWGAMES.COM that is unblockable. It's now officialy impossible to chat on Faction chat, and they are spamming LFG as well. This is getting out of hand, we don't have a block list long enough for all of them and now some are even finding ways to be unblockable.

2646jkh.jpg

2 minutes ago, babizokahh said:

They are now finding ways so we can't block them. On old man cho server (don't know about the others) there is a bot called WWW.AYWGAMES.COM that is unblockable. It's now officialy impossible to chat on Faction chat, and they are spamming LFG as well. This is getting out of hand, we don't have a block list long enough for all of them and now some are even finding ways to be unblockable.

2646jkh.jpg

So you can't right-click and block them? Technically a loophole within code i guess. Wow

It has been getting worse at an exponential rate. I predict by next week almost all of the spam bots will be un-blockable. 

Way to go Ncsoft.

Way.

To.

Go.

*slow claps*

Oh, wait, but don't worry everyone. They are "looking into it". Pfft.

2 minutes ago, 846806_1452550169 said:

how are they using periods on their name??? I tried to create a character just now using periods on the name and this is what happened:

8e912c11b9dc26aa8be055a93e497de1.png

It might be an ASCII key which looks like the dot or maybe coming from a different localization of the client?

47 minutes ago, Galadriel said:

I got my blocklist filled up in second day of game play, i think.

So, 24 hours ago, I got really fade up with all these in-your-face spammers and wanted to check if BnS team had responded to my previous spam reports. I went into removing few and to my utter disappointment, they were still spamming like hell.

We as players really need a solution for this crap.

I see there are BnS game streamers with 10k viewers promoting gold selling sites with their own coupon codes. I'm starting to think that BnS doesn't have any ToS term to block these sellers.

well if streamers is advertising it report it to the dev team so they can ban them or sue them depending on what the law says about promoting illegal activities.

13 minutes ago, Galadriel said:

Yeah, this is True. Check on twitch right now. Some of them had 10k viewers.

i just checked and its true like holy shit,if they dont get banned for promoting this i think im gonna stop playing,because little kids will believe that its not scam and will go and buy gold,this is just insane,i never saw any MMO that allow streamers to promote cheating....

Right now the options seem to be to either not use the chat system at all (since every chat is spammed) or... well... don't use the chat system at all (since there is so much spam that chat cannot be read anyway).

MMO's without chat suck.

53 minutes ago, Nibaki said:

People should start realizing that reporting bots won't make a difference, that's just plain stupid thinking that way.

Best thing to do atm: Remove region chat. It will make it a bit easier.

It's not just region chat, Its, region, party finder, faction, local. pretty much everything except for clan. You are out of your mind if you think everyone should close down all of there channels of communication just because NCsoft is Philandering as usual. I have spent a lot of hard earned money on the game already in hopes that it would be different this time. Guess I was wrong. Once an NCSoft, always an NCSoft.

I mean seriously, anyone spending money on this game *SHOULD* be pissed off. 

52 minutes ago, Nibaki said:

People should start realizing that reporting bots won't make a difference, that's just plain stupid thinking that way.

Best thing to do atm: Remove region chat. It will make it a bit easier.

Faction chat is currently overrun and unusable, as well as LFG. The LFG bots are unblockable and the faction bots create new characters every 2 minutes so it's impossible to block them all, they just show back up again

I sent in a complaint - actually more of a request/question about can the 50 player block be raised - and got a lovely but vague non-answer saying they'd investigate "possible violation of rules" lol. Really? Aren't we past the investigation point yet?

Unfortunately, I don't think raising the blockable player limit will do much because I'm sure there is a database limit they can handle and it is likely lower than the volume of spammers anyway. It'd just be a band-aid.

I agree with the comment earlier about regex (or any other fairly simple lines of code - unless the game design somehow makes this hard).

2 minutes ago, 846806_1452550169 said:

The twitch thing really pisses me off too. Why would anyone want to ruin a game they're playing?

well they are getting profit for doing that,and you should know by now that most of ppl on twitch are doing everything for $$$

Hidden

I shit you not I have spent the last 15 minutes since logging on blacking spammers ,surely you devs are working om something ? Its just disgusting that this is going on come on please fix this crap sooner rather than later they seem to have free reign here.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING IMMEDIATELY ABOUT THESE GOLD SELLING BOTS THAT SPAM EVERY CHANNEL ALL DAY LONG.. NOT ONLY ARE THEY CLOGGING UP EVERY CHAT CHANNEL BUT THEY'RE ALSO "ID ASSUME" A BIG PROBLEM WITH THE SERVERS BEING OVER POPULATED RESULTING IN CRAZY ASS LOGIN QUEUE !!!!    FIX IT PLZ!!!!!!

Archived