Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Raspberry said:

Hello!

This is getting out of control.
Today I blocked 26 gold spammers. You need to do something about it, we can't log in every day, unblock bots and reblock as needed. That's WAY too much hassle.

These are today's blocked spammers.

Twitch streamers are promoting gold websites too , it's all good lol .

I too filled my 50 blocks in just under 3 hours. then i could block no more . The option i have is to turn off chat. But then i cant talk to the community. And if u cant talk to each other what point of playing an mmo. Need to increase the block or make it unlimited.  Or come up with a lvl cap to use chat and lfg (like lvl 15). Or a chat block if sending same messages over and over for a few hours. I don't care  what just something.  I hate leaving chat and lfg off. But seems like i don't have a choice. I cant read anything anyways.

Also make the block account wide. So we are not flooded with the same spammers.  For some reason some spammers are same from after head start launched. Should these account not be looked at after so many reports and banned?

Sure. its impossible to cominicate via all social chats except guild\party .
As responsive players we can make only alist of them, until our block list will filled up...
but if NCsoft will not do something, its all usless.

Yeah it's getting kinda nuts now. The other day you just had to block 5 of them and you were good. Now you have to block 10, and then wait a few minutes for another 10 to pop up. You can kinda deal with it by switching to the faction chat tab, but they're also invading that channel as well.

2 minutes ago, Limeball said:

Yeah it's getting kinda nuts now. The other day you just had to block 5 of them and you were good. Now you have to block 10, and then wait a few minutes for another 10 to pop up. You can kinda deal with it by switching to the faction chat tab, but they're also invading that channel as well.

Today I blocked 36 before disabling region chat. It's ludicrous.

title says it all ..

since Thursday I have filled my ignore list with the idiotic gold spammers who are on all chat channels now and I can't even delete any because those gold spammers are still active ..

optimally you would kill the ability for them to spam 10 messages constantly or kick them faster BUT i would settle for about 250 add to the the ignore list so I can sometimes actually read the messages from people actually playing the game ..

This is all with me also having region chat turned off BTW as I couldn't keep it up at all due to all the spam and constant new spammers

• NCSOFT

Greetings Kensho1996! The development team are currently looking into increasing the block list capacity. In the meantime, feel free to delete the oldest blocked contacts as they are more than likely to have been taken care of. :)

Thanks for your help with reporting these players! We really do appreciate it.

So I'd like to invest in this game long term, but only if I feel like there's going to be a plan put into place to actively filter out the RMT's better.........adding additional blocking slots won't accomplish anything. They literally create characters and spam messages quicker than I can block them.

Players basically aren't even trying to communicate with each other because it's impossible.

30 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings Kensho1996! The development team are currently looking into increasing the block list capacity. In the meantime, feel free to delete the oldest blocked contacts as they are more than likely to have been taken care of. :)

Thanks for your help with reporting these players! We really do appreciate it.

That's nice and all, however there is no way to see who was blocked the longest.  They are sorted alphabetically (if there is some feature to enable,  please let me know).  I have been unblocking some to block others... some that I am certain I reported days ago and guess what I see in the chat as soon as I unblock them?   Them spamming!   LOL

It's like rolling dice to see if they have been "taken care of" or not.   I think this game is amazing, but don't put limits on the ignore list.  Maybe 1,000 would be sufficient... and even that wouldn't stand the test of time because of how easily they can make new accounts and play.

I really enjoy this game, everything else has been a lot of fun so far.  But these botters/gold spammers need to be dealt with and while they are, we need to have a tremendous increase in the amount that we can ignore at once.   Also maybe implement a feature to show what account is no longer active when looking at the block list or when they were blocked, etc..

Thanks!

Also:   Have your GMs enter the Arena lobby.   When I go in there to do 1v1s, the majority of the chat is filled with them and I have no more room on my ignore list to deal with both that region chat as well as faction chat, party finder (they use that to spam their sites), and pve region chat.   What I'd like is their addresses so I can fly there and smack a few of them upside the head.  LOL

I maxed out my block list in less than 2 days.  All RMT spammers.  This is also a reason for the massive queues.  AFK timers won't work on bots and there are a ton of them sitting in-game spamming chat and holding the servers hostage.

All the gold sellers have to do is make new fake e-mails and they're back in.  Increasing the block list might be nice short-term, but we'll still run out of space.

• NCSOFT

We are also working on more counter-measures against RMT on top of looking into increasing the block list. These measures are coming soon and will require server downtime to be implemented. We want to make sure we can implement as many as we can before we take down the servers for these changes. 

In the meantime, you may also report these players to customer support as they have a team dedicated to their removal from the game.  You can report a player through a ticket here.

1 hour ago, Rukkirii said:

Apparently this wasn't the case for me the other day.  I got so frustrated and angry with this nonsense, that I logged out, and as of 18 hours ago, I have yet to return.  Why?  I cringe at the amount of gold spammer names I'll have to contend with, the first 20 minutes in game.  I'd betcha some NCcoins, that will be follow by a new incoming zerg of fresh "buy you so gold bruh!" spam. 

As for the block list cap of 50...I purged it clean the other nite (before I raged quit) and within 15 minutes I had already reached 30 of the 50 cap with probably previous deleted names and new ones.  15 MINUTES!!!  Then I realized I had been swatting gold spammers for 20+ minutes, like Indiana Jones killing bugs in a dungeon...and there was no end to their pouring in.  So I logged out. 

I found myself in another mmo I frequent, on Paypal, about to drop an initial $30 bucks on vanity stuff.  The coolest thing.. a ATV air-dropped to a location of your choosing.  Mind you, the truck is initially temporary, unless you continue to sink money into it.  Which after sleeping on it, I think I'm going to.  I got money to burn on virtual content.  No kids, no drinking habits, no GF to drain my wallet..get my drift?  To think, gold selling spammers drove away a very likely, frequently paying customer.  If I were you, I would forward this response to the powers that be...the one who calls all the shots.  Hey no pressure...I'm just letting you know the score!  You got a lot at stake here.

It's great that you've decided to look into this NCSoft, however...let me set an example of how bad things are.

I decided to create a new toon on Dochun for the sheer fun of it, tab into region to start the usual spam cleanse, and within the first 5 minutes of me doing so, I maxed out the 50 block list max. Managed to decrease the amount of spam by a significant amount at that point, however, within 10 minutes of that, there were just as many spammers as I had just blocked. Now region chat is literally un-usable. LFG chat is nearly the same, and faction is as bad as that, if not worse.

NCSoft, this is a MAJOR problem. I'd advise increasing the block list ASAP.

Even if it is just putting band-aid on a gaping wound.

15 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

In the meantime, you may also report these players to customer support as they have a team dedicated to their removal from the game.  You can report a player through a ticket here.

Rukkirii I want to thank you for being here...for your time with us concerning this ever increasingly serious matter.  I have to tell  you, this reporting via the support website, is not a viable option for gold spammers.  Perhaps it may be for a gold seller, that is leveling up a character for long term use..as they're sticking around.  As for the gold spamming machine.. its an assembly line!   I'm sorry, its just not doable for gold selling spammers or automated scripts. 

I keep hearing there's a report spam option under the chat block.  I have seven active characters in a server, with the highest being level 11, and I am told this feature is not available to me at my present level.  If this is true, then I and all the other lowbies are getting carpet bombed by gold spam in region and faction chat.  Frankly I think I'd rather spend my time modding my new PC case and shopping at the big box home improvement store, than logging in, and getting smack in the face, like bugs to a car windshield.

Archived