Forums

Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some suggestions as to improving chat:

1- Chat cool down - make it like 30 secs before you can send another message or more (would not apply to guild chat, whispers)

2- Chat LIMIT - make it so you can only send like 10 messages in chat PER A DAY  (this would not apply to guild chat, whispers, cause you can kick the spammers out of guild, and whispers require spammers to actually message you)

3- Have a separate private message chat box (where there is no cool down or chat limit) ideally would replace the whisper function.

Disclaimer - These are my suggestions to try fix / temporary fix this problem till the find a way to turf out the bots so legit players that want to play can get into the servers and make chat readable. It is not a perfect solution and tbh I could think of more rules to use specifically for each chat but am not in-game atm to see the different chats.

Agree with all the above i never paid for a prem founders/subscription package to play ban the bot mini game, what the hell is our money being spent on ? how about actually showing your loyal paying customers and customers overall you give a shit, i'm not login in each day to remove some names from the block just so i can add the current spammers, which is very interesting because some of the name i unblock from 1/2 days ago are still spamming today so what exactly are you doing with them? if they are still there after 1/2 days of spamming very very poor service tbh.

Windrest EN

5 minutes ago, Despondency said:

You're essentially naming and shaming, it'd be wise to block their name sand then support this over a support ticket.

Come on... anyone that has played any online game can tell by the name alone that they are a bot. Unfortunately, if the same people moderate this game as they did with AION, nothing will be done. In AION, the bots would use movie stars names, all would be the same class, wear the same equipment, and have the same looting pet.

Just posting here as the other thread on spammers is at 45 pages +

Simply telling us to block and report the bots is not good enough any more, I have been playing since early access, and then it was a simple case of blocking 2 or 3 bot accounts a day.

I have logged on today, and reached the limit of my block list within seconds, and there are still more bots spamming the faction chat. As it is this bad I have had to turn my faction chat off as it is unusable.

I have tried you previous suggestion of deleting older blocks but I am not playing this game to manage block lists. People are now unable to use faction chat, and it is getting worse. Even if you increase the block limit to 500 or 1000 this isn't a solution.

I am a long time customer of NCsoft and I have faith you will get this situation dealt with, but this is one of the worst situations I have seen, and I played lineage 2 during the DDOSing.

Thanks!

There is nothing worthwhile to spend the gold on in this game. AFAIK you only need it for crafting/transmuting/appearance change but you get enough of gold when leveling and you have dailies at top lvl that would be sufficient but upgrading your char would be one time thing only. Crafting? Nobody that buys gold would do it for crafting profit, most likely bots themselves would undercut everybody then.

As such I do not understand why this problem exists in this game at all. 

I hear you Skath, and what I'm suggesting is a stop gap solution, at best.

But it would temporarily appease players, because hitting that 50 cap can be done very quickly (1 day) and it seems to me that this should be addressed asap. Surely at least sort so the list is in order of blocking (or give a sort function).

I played FFXIV and gold sellers were rampant, following mass bans they would always pop back up again. The block list cap there was much higher but I still filled it up. But at least I could remove the oldest ones. And yes, it felt like a job sometimes :(

I wish one of the NCSoft employees could just stay logged in and swing that ban hammer as soon as spam popped up. (Right now, I see in in LFG and Faction the most.)

Oh .... and why can't lower level characters report? Noticed it on my alts, I think you have to be 20? I can't see the logic, but I'm sure there is something I'm missing ...

Update.

I cleared by block list as suggested and started blocking from scratch... I have not been playing long today and I am approaching the limit again. A longer block list would help some yes, but the amount of bots being created, is crazy, you literally spend half your time online blocking unwanted chat.

I have never had to ban this often, though the spamming is bad in several games. I am now turning faction chat off as I cant be bothered to keep blocking, I just want to play. 

Missing out of the hilarity of faction chat, the potential for new clan recruits, gonna feel like playing singleplayer.

Also, it can't be that hard to change the maximum number of blocks allowed, would maybe require a server restart once the 'amount' variable had been updated.

If you mean buying from gold sellers ehhhh.... I could understand why, but I've checked prices and holy moly what kind of idiot you should be to use their services... And some also sell lvl'ing services... Almost 200$ for lvl 1-45...... TWO HUNDRED! Seems like gold sellers are bots them self x.x

Like this game has most expensive and worst gold selling services I have ever seen and probably that's why I see prices of some stuff going down since noo ne is using them lol.

Only problem I have is chat with 50 block limit >.>

3 minutes ago, Hypatios said:

Lol no naming and shaming here considering they're not legitimate characters. 

Essentially, you're naming and shaming the account, not the player behind it. For example, some gold selling accounts have been hacked, due to people making foolish decisions. So it could be shaming those people, in particular.

8 minutes ago, Despondency said:

Essentially, you're naming and shaming the account, not the player behind it. For example, some gold selling accounts have been hacked, due to people making foolish decisions. So it could be shaming those people, in particular.

None of us know the account holders.  If they are hacked accounts why would they make new characters instead of using already leveled ones? 

spamers gold is with ncsoft is part of them and game,even if you write this site they get money.if acces 100k ppl they get money so.they will dont do anithing,cuz they can do but they dont,aaa. they do a update game in feb.10 and  dont cap server and this spam gold.

Archived