Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^This, this is what would definately solve the issue, find the bots and murder their families repeatedly and indescriminately! xD

It'd at least give something else to do aside from blocking em over n over, just sit in bamboo village and pop em.

49 minutes ago, AmbivalentCat said:

Was this really a surprise to anyone who's played with NCSoft before?

They said the same thing about Aion. "We're implementing measures to cull the botting." Guess what happened? It did nothing. They do need to take care of these in BnS if they want the server queues to stop and people to stop quitting over both the spam and the endless queues, but I don't really have much faith that they will.

And yes, that is a US server in the video, just a couple of years ago. Way after they implemented "fixes" to prevent botting, yet it was still rampant and I'm sure still is now. All they ever told us to do was report the bots and move on. It wasn't effective there and it won't be effective here.

So Aion, Lineage 2 infiltrated with bots, probably their other games also, I guess hoping that BnS situation gonna be different is beyond of being naive, but oh well....

Just now, KitsuFox said:

^This, this is what would definately solve the issue, find the bots and murder their families repeatedly and indescriminately! xD

But we'll have to have an outfit which allows us to kill anyone who is wearing any type of faction outfit. "against all factions" outfit. then they shall all be destroyed!

had to turn off all chats, except clan chat... So someome please tell me where the fun is in this? I don't even feel like playing anymore. For the past two hours I've been cleaning my block list to add more people to block... It's just too tiring.

1 minute ago, MangoHam said:

had to turn off all chats, except clan chat... So someome please tell me where the fun is in this? I don't even feel like playing anymore. For the past two hours I've been cleaning my block list to add more people to block... It's just too tiring.

I'd honestly like to know where they get off on spamming the chat relentlessly, it's not doing anything but preventing chat, whats the point of it all really?

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:30 PM, Yaviey said:

Hey KiraAcoh,

We are working on trying to clear them out. Please be patient with us.

Thanks!

I know your staff working very hard to get rid of them but

First your company need to change the GAMEGUARD because the NProtect Program  is useless to those goldsell bot spam.

Second, please try to implement Program to block VPN from those Chinese access most of them are bot and goldseller

Third increase the block list to unlimited so we can block them b/c u don't want to get 60 real player to spam reporting the same goldseller bot in the game.

On 18.1.2016 at 5:27 AM, Youmukon said:

Hello!

Just to let everyone know, our team is fully aware about the RMT/Goldsellers spam going on and we are currently working on countermeasures to reduce the inconvenience it causes to players.

In the meantime please keep reporting bots by either using the in-game report feature or by submitting a ticket (Report Player > "They were trying to sell gold by spamming chat".), these reports greatly help our team to identify and removes bots from the game.

Thanks again!

It would actually be nice if this was true.

Also, it would help for a longer time than 3 minutes if we would actually get endless slots on the block list.

50 Slots is way too small of a number.

Hello there,

I figured i'd start another post about this cause we really need to end this, the amount of gold selling spammers online right now is ridiculous..

So i cleared my block list cause i thought i could block them all if i cleared the old ones but guess what? nope!

I spend 5 min of blocking the gold spammers after i just cleared my list.. and now it's full again... and still gold spammers online making chat unreadable and unusable.

I would really apreciate it if NCsoft would help us out with the gold spammers, something that could fix it really easy and quickly is remove the block limit.

It doesn't fix it completely cause there will still be a massive amount of gold sellers but we don't see them anymore so it's cool, it's nice to start with.

Please NCsoft do something about the gold sellers cause faction chat is such a pain atm, i'd rather put it in another chat window and never look at it again now.

On Hajoon, theres a botter that makes 5 chara's at once and comes in spamming faction chat literally 3 minutes after blocking the previous wave and just keeps coming back with more after the next 3 minutes, it has gotten completely moronic at this stage.

I had to turn off faction chat. I got sick of spending all my time blocking them, only to fill up in less than 5 minutes. It really pisses me off, but I don't see how you can fix it, other than not let people below level 30 talk in faction chat or something. That way, once they are blocked it will take them awhile longer to get a new one into the chat.

I have had region chat turned off since the first day of release within 5 minutes.

Just now, blackoutz said:

just remove the block limit, that fixes the biggest issue out there in a really easy way. i cant even use faction chat right now, there are more gold sellers online then im able to block

Yah would still have to filter through all the posts in the chat channel though.  Maybe in addition to removing the block limit they can make the block account wide? although i dont know if gold spammers are using the same account to advertise or if they get a bunch of new accounts too.

6 minutes ago, bandsnewbie said:

Yah would still have to filter through all the posts in the chat channel though.  Maybe in addition to removing the block limit they can make the block account wide? although i dont know if gold spammers are using the same account to advertise or if they get a bunch of new accounts too.

The server im playing on theres one guy with like 50 accounts, im not even joking, if they wanna ban them all its probbably going to take a while and he'll just make new accounts. but if they remove the block limit we can just block them if there are new ones so it doesn't bother us, and i think removing the block limit should be quite easy, ofc we gotta click the block button for each gold spammers first but its totally worth imo cause its just way too much. and maybe they could add like a block counter then, would make it easy to filter all the gold sellers out cause the entire server is blocking them all

they are hardly t aking over the game your being a bit dramatic.  Just block and report them simple and for now if your list is full remove the older ones you have already blocked.  They have said they more then likely have already been removed from the game so start with the older blocks first to remove.

Jesus Christ the gold spam is already making me impossible to enjoy the game anymore!!! this is crazy man, they clogged up faction chat, the only sanctuary i have left from them (im not really a clan player, so yeah)

NCsoft really need to do something about these gold spams, im getting sick and tired of having to report and block them! its not even feels like an MMO anymore with the amount of blocking and reporting i have to do every 5 mins~ and even when i reached max block limit, i tried to delete them all and guess wat? they fill up again to 50/50 in less than an hour!!!

if this is how NCsoft treating a game thats been hyped for over 6 yrs, then i guess it speaks much about their company themselves *shrugs*

P.S : i know running an MMO is not easy, but at least do something that makes us know that NCsoft wants us, the players, to have the best experience in ur published game...i'm still holding out to whatever thin hope i have left for this game....

3 minutes ago, Talrune said:

they are hardly t aking over the game your being a bit dramatic.  Just block and report them simple and for now if your list is full remove the older ones you have already blocked.  They have said they more then likely have already been removed from the game so start with the older blocks first to remove.

have you not been paying attention to what people have been saying?
we do that, but there are spammers coming in waves now faster than we can block them

6 minutes ago, 872542_1452550399 said:

NCsoft really need to do something about these gold spams, im getting sick and tired of having to report and block them! its not even feels like an MMO anymore with the amount of blocking and reporting i have to do every 5 mins~ and even when i reached max block limit, i tried to delete them all and guess wat? they fill up again to 50/50 in less than an hour!!!

Step right up, and try your luck at the spam bot removal jamboree, do you have what it takes to remove them all?

Prize Rewards and satisfaction not gauranteed!

It's like the game went from an MMO to a mini-game of "Block the Bot".

Archived