Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

It's an immediate problem that needs an immediate solution, even if its a GM doing literally nothing other than banning bots manually as they pop up in chat.

It's embarrassing that it happens so frequently in NCsoft games as it is, and always been strange at how lax they seem to treat the situation. You would almost think they promote this kind of thing.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MagnumDI said:

It's an immediate problem that needs an immediate solution, even if its a GM doing literally nothing other than banning bots manually as they pop up in chat.

It's embarrassing that it happens so frequently in NCsoft games as it is, and always been strange at how lax they seem to treat the situation. You would almost think they promote this kind of thing.

Plot twist : NCSOFT are the gold sellers ? :D:D:D jk

But yeah this is getting ridiculous , inb4 i get banned again lol .

10 minutes ago, Chesnya said:

1) stop whining it's too early for this pls 2) It'll be the next patch. 3) yw

No, it's because I've known this company for longer than a week. The same thing happened in wildstar and lineage 2. It never got fixed. Spammers that arent even banned after a week. That doesnt make sense...

On 1/23/2016 at 0:27 PM, Enubis said:

The question is placed wrongly in my opinion.

It is highly unlikely that NCSoft is under some hyper conspiracy to earn money by making their own bots and opening new sites. HOWEVER It is going to cost them to actively hunt down and get rid of bots. See the difference I'm suggesting? While they don't profit from bots, they stand to lose money if they are to aggressively hunt down bots. It comes down to the moral ethics of a company and how much of a damn they give to their players.

not really,  its one of the GM task and deals to work in the game for the players. thus called GM as game masters. an MMO needs online gms at some times. not always as it deems to be impossible but at least show they are there.

Just now, Seemslegit said:

Plot twist : NCSOFT are the gold sellers ? :D:D:D jk

But yeah this is getting ridiculous , inb4 i get banned again lol .

I can't help but wonder, what actually people from NCsoft are doing. 

They are an experienced publisher with a long line of MMOs in hand and obviously this isn't the first time they deal with bots/gold seller ads, so why didn't they do anything from the beginning even before full launch to - AT LEAST - lessen the effect of bots and gold sellers ? 

They even had the entire time during the CBT phase to plan out and do something about it....so I really don't understand, and not like this game is fresh out of the water or anything, it has been out for over 3 years for christ sake. 

4 minutes ago, MangoHam said:

No, it's because I've known this company for longer than a week. The same thing happened in wildstar and lineage 2. It never got fixed. Spammers that arent even banned after a week. That doesnt make sense...

Same happened in Aion , never got fixed either . The Aion private servers back then used to have WAY WAAAY better ingame moderation .

The only way (for me) to stop this ridicoulus spam is to go against the company that they are spaming about. Not a GM, but a lawyer. Block the bot and they will find another way to create another one, find the company and the next idiot who want to sell gold will think first before spamming like a idiot.

they ignore tickets. I can confirm that.  I got auto replied and when I respond back to tell them that they did not even read my ticket I got auto replied as well

I am done with buying nccoins. 

the game is PERFECT the  Admins/GM not so much with what they are busy with ?  they are not the programmers nor the developers or anything  GM and admins roles is to moderate and keep everythign smooth  but thats not the case everything is BROKEN

they dont care about what we are saying we have no Official responses anywhere but some dump text on tweeter . we have no prove of them caring 

This is just getting silly now, I'm turning off faction chat. They should just add a level limit to use faction chat. Then have a GM sit at the general area where you hit level 10/15 what ever its set at, and ban those extra sellers that "make the effort". They'll either give up or have to be more elaborate. Either way will bring the population of chat spammers down.

Or at the very LEAST increase the block list to like 500 instead of 50. I've filled up the block list like 3 times and i haven't even been playing long.  

reposting this idea 

Not saying this is a solution because ESO is B2P however they have 3 deletes once you use them you must wait 24hours to get a delete back and you get one back every 24hours. I never saw a gold spam bot in ESO but I know being B2P it's a little different. That coupled with the 5 minutes delete I think would help (get rid of 7 day delete) 

So here's how it would work

3 deletes (this should NOT be something you can increase from cash shop) 

if you use all three you can't delete another toon for 24 hours (you gain one delete back every 24 hours only after you spend all three) 

Add the current 5 minute timer for deletes (like it is for low levels to characters of any level) 

Since everyone only gets two initial char slots I think this could help since you can only increase via CS slots 

And if the decide something like this they of course need a massive ban first then implement with the ban 

2 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

reposting this idea 

Not saying this is a solution because ESO is B2P however they have 3 deletes once you use them you must wait 24hours to get a delete back and you get one back every 24hours. I never saw a gold spam bot in ESO but I know being B2P it's a little different. That coupled with the 5 minutes delete I think would help (get rid of 7 day delete) 

So here's how it would work

3 deletes (this should NOT be something you can increase from cash shop) 

if you use all three you can't delete another toon for 24 hours (you gain one delete back every 24 hours only after you spend all three) 

Add the current 5 minute timer for deletes (like it is for low levels to characters of any level) 

Since everyone only gets two initial char slots I think this could help since you can only increase via CS slots 

And if the decide something like this they of course need a massive ban first then implement with the ban 

Will not work as they'll be able to create infinite new accounts anyway as it's a f2p game. doesn't change much, knowing that most of the process are automated on their side, and if not, they have plentyfull of kiddies working for them....

Too the ppl that say block them its so simple.. Yes it is the only problem is you can only block up to 50 ppl and that is allready done so i cant block more and there is still many many gold spammers.. cant even see the damn chat becusse of this spam and thats really enoying..

Was gona get premium but that will not happen before something is done.

As loong ppl pay for the game they will not bother too get this issue and do somthing against the spammer..

If atleast block would be allot higer so i can keep block spammers it would be okey but its not.

2 minutes ago, Perfectjake said:

This is just getting silly now, I'm turning off faction chat. They should just add a level limit to use faction chat. Then have a GM sit at the general area where you hit level 10/15 what ever its set at, and ban those extra sellers that "make the effort". They'll either give up or have to be more elaborate. Either way will bring the population of chat spammers down.

Or at the very LEAST increase the block list to like 500 instead of 50. I've filled up the block list like 3 times and i haven't even been playing long.  

That won't work as well as you'd think, unfortunately. The bots are levelling up with their farming. You can see them congregating at instance entrances and field bosses.

What the game needs is a staff member online in each faction, every day, banning every gold spammer message they see. That's the most effective way to go about it. Yes, it'd be boring as hell for each shift, but it'd see results in keeping chat clear while a viable and working solution for preventing the creation of these accounts is put together.

So I've been going about it in the best way I could think of and that was report + block each bot that showed up and then before I log off I'd delete my blocklist assuming that all those bots would be gone by the next day. This has worked all until moments ago in which I've blocked over 50 bots in less than a hour and its not stopping. A certain website is producing what seems to be hundreds of bots and chat is now an endless spam of this gold site with no way to block them since there are more than 50 of them.

TLDR

This sucks.

While I appreciate the community has commented on the endless gold spammers, something needs to be done further rather than later. I just logged on and within five minutes have had to block 50 bots from faction chat alone . My black list is maxed within minutes, as they just do not stop. This is beyond absurd, and is making the game borderline unplayable. Or at least rendering chat completely useless. I've already invested a fair bit of money into this game, though others have invested more. It's unacceptable to essentially have to ignore chat because it's nothing but gold spammers. They have even started to infest party finders and the market place.

In short, do something, and do something fast. Even a temporary solution is better in the short term. People would rather have multiple maintenance days than an endless parade of bots. I certainly would at least. If nothing else, this reflects on you, NCSoft. So far, I cannot say I am terribly impressed, even if I do love the game.

Right now on the Hajoon server along every single chat that can communicate long distance is being spammed by 1 website. Im talking, Faction/ Region/ party finder/ Over 50 accounts. 

We only have 50 blocks and since there is more then the normal amount YOU CAN't BLOCK THEM ALL.  So along with that they don't get muted. Kicked/ And even if you report they still stay there for a long time. 

PLEASE put a level cap on it say MUST be level 30 to use faction and level 10-20 for regional that way it will kill off gold spammers FAST cause on Iksanun there is this gold spammer bots creating so many characters and filling up my block list fast and very fustrating when i cant read the chat if they keep doing this :( need a REAL active GM constently banning these or IP block or 

Archived